: Air France massive A380 Superjet bumps a Comair CRJ-700 commuter during taxi at JFK

Nutz
04-12-11, 11:49 PM
Watch the Comair jet get turned like a toy plane. Looks like both planes felt strong forces when the winglet locked onto the commuter. Ouch.
http://video.foxnews.com/v/4640332/collision-on-runway-at-jfk-airport?test=faces

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oL1qoA961xE

gdwriter
04-12-11, 11:51 PM
Stupid, ugly WhaleJet. Damn French!

Nutz
04-12-11, 11:54 PM
Ya, reminds me of the Guppy.

Playdrv4me
04-13-11, 12:20 AM
Actually, the Failbus was riding the center line as it was supposed to. It appears the Comair regional jet was parked too far back. Airports don't see these often enough yet to have complete procedures in place as to handle them when they show up. I believe this is already an Air France 380's SECOND airport incursion due to size problems.

gdwriter
04-13-11, 12:39 AM
I was just being snarky. My dislike for Airbus in general and the A380 in particular is well documented (although I hate those dinky little regional jets, too). I saw in that other video that AF was on the centerline. Still, the WhaleJet is just too damn big.

Aron9000
04-13-11, 12:42 AM
I like how one engine on the A380 is the same diameter as the whole fuselage on that tiny jet.

Playdrv4me
04-13-11, 12:43 AM
Not a fan of Airbus either, though they do have some operations here in Wichita. Boeing pulled out of here... sort of... their old facilities are now operated by some outfit called Spirit, which basically is a contractor producing the same parts.

gdwriter
04-13-11, 12:55 AM
I believe Spirit is a Boeing spinoff company. The delays on the 787 have shown what happens when you outsource too much.

The engines on today's widebodies are enormous. The diameter of the engines on a 777 is the same as the fuselage on a 737.

Playdrv4me
04-13-11, 12:58 AM
Talk about broadband.

Aron9000
04-13-11, 02:31 AM
Good thing the Airbus wasn't at full power with the commuter jet behind it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTQh7D-nDNM

Florian
04-13-11, 10:29 AM
there is gonna be a fired ground controller as a result of this. Kennedy has one of the highest incidents of runway incursions cause it's so damn busy. Ive flown in there in my own plane....its a busy, busy place...

F

Ranger
04-13-11, 11:48 AM
Airbus aka scarebus & Fifi.

Just goes to prove, bigger always wins. :worship: Cadillac!

EcSTSatic
04-14-11, 08:49 AM
Not a fan of Airbus either, though they do have some operations here in Wichita. Boeing pulled out of here... sort of... their old facilities are now operated by some outfit called Spirit, which basically is a contractor producing the same parts.

That's where I work now. Boeing sold off the commercial operations in Wichita back in '05. I'm still in the same building I was when I was Boeing. Now we build for Boeing and Airbus.

I read recently that Interlease (ILF) canceled A380 orders. They have determined that there is no secondary (resale) market for the pigs.

hueterm
04-14-11, 10:11 AM
I really was surprised at the violent 180 the regjet took -- it was like flicking a matchbox car around w/your finger...

Florian
04-14-11, 01:59 PM
its the rule of gross tonnage. Physics wins again!

F

thebigjimsho
04-14-11, 10:17 PM
I was just being snarky. My dislike for Airbus in general and the A380 in particular is well documented (although I hate those dinky little regional jets, too). I saw in that other video that AF was on the centerline. Still, the WhaleJet is just too damn big.
Now, how can it be a whalejet when it doesn't have blowholes like all those cuet little 737s??

ben.gators
04-14-11, 11:10 PM
This report investigates the case and introduces a solution: ADS-B is a new surveillance technology designed to help modernize the air transportation system.

http://www.flightglobal.com/blogs/flightblogger/2011/04/a-history-of-strife-jumbo-wing.html

Jesda
04-15-11, 03:06 AM
Airbus? More like Airrickshaw

70eldo
04-15-11, 09:35 AM

I feel so much love here...

Anyway, I will visit Wichita on a job trip from Airbus somewhere in May. Anyone wants to welcome me?