: 2001 Cadillac Catera speedometer and radio problems. HELP NEEDED!

ajymerced
04-12-11, 11:06 PM
My speedometer and odometer won't work in my car. Also my radio randomly turns on/off. I also can't open the gas tank and trunk. I went to the dealer and they said I need to fix my module or something and it would cost over $1000! So what's the problem with my car and is there a cheaper option?

hgqguy
04-13-11, 01:18 PM
EBCM controll modual for the car. there is a place that you can send it to.. will rebuild it and return with a 5 yr warranty for around $200 its in indiana I belive.. but you will have to have somone, or yourself remove it.

Hold on.. Ill check my emails.. I may have saved the info.. ok.. I found it!!! idaho! Read threw the link.. all the info and links are there!! GOOD luck.. Is this does not work.. kaustien had sent his out for rebuild.. I think to the same place.. perhaps you can message him.. if you need further info!

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-catera-cimarron-forum/79894-possibly-bad-ebtcm-what-do.html

TitanCTS
04-15-11, 04:49 PM
The radio, fuel door, trunk issue are all related to the K134 module, GM Part # is 90494163 $52 from gmpartsdirect.com. As for the speedometer it is what hgqguy said, the EBTCM or ABS Module that some like to call it.

ajymerced
04-17-11, 05:27 PM
Thanks for your help guys! ill look more into it and let you know if i need further help

akamai43
04-18-11, 02:49 PM
I had the same problem with my 2000 sport.. It was the EBTCM and its not a very easy job to do it yourself...That took care of my speedo not working and TC/ABS lights on then I had to replace the K134 multifunction module to fix my radio and trunk problem.