: do v wagons have same leak problems with the ultra view as sedan

burt99
04-12-11, 07:57 PM
waiting for my v wagon to arrive, does the wagon have the same problems with the ultraview as the sedan?

Caddy Wagon
04-12-11, 08:36 PM
I imagine they didn't change how it is designed or installed. Only time will tell, and there aren't nearly as many wagons as there are sedans, so it may take longer to hear about.

e6t
04-12-11, 10:24 PM
i dont understand what changed from the 09-10 models to the 11. Leaky roofs are new for 2011 but they had it right for two years.........
any speculation as to why? Was there any confirmed reason why the factory closed for a few days in feb.?

the roof on my 2010 leaks.

baabootoo
04-13-11, 12:11 AM
No, you're only reading a few problems here. There's thousands out there that have no problems of any kinds, leaks included.

Tuna
04-13-11, 10:34 AM
My roof doesn't leak - then again I made sure I ordered it without the sunroof.
When I want the sun on the top of my head, I drive my convertible Vette. Never have liked a sunroof so I never buy one.

hulksdaddy
04-13-11, 02:12 PM
FWIW, I've never had a leaking sunroof.

4gear70
04-13-11, 05:14 PM
Most all sunroofs as well as the ultraview are not designed as a completely sealed unit. The water will get by them and go into a water channel/rail, and from there there are hoses that drain down the pillars to the ground. What can happen is that some of these hoses can become 'kinked' or plugged and backup the water causing it to flood the rail and wet the headliner. Hose clamps may not have been put on correctly as well. I believe our car has drains in the front as well as the rear (at the A and C pillars).
There were certain brands of cars many years ago that would leak into the headliner if you parked on a hill with the front of the car facing down while washing it or when it was raining. They only had drain hoses in the back and so the channel would get full and overflow into the front of the car.

IGotId
04-13-11, 07:25 PM
good post; i love moonroofs & would love one on my future V wagon but am very hesitant to order the option given the recent threads about leaks...

cSupporarolinaVwagon
06-16-12, 06:05 PM
Yep, I have a 2012 v wagon that has had numerous issues including most recently, a pool of water in the trunk with the Bose sub woofer floating in the middle.

baatar
06-17-12, 06:16 AM
I've only had my new 2012 Vagon about a week, but drove at highway speeds for about 4 hours in a hard rain a couple days ago and no leaking at all. Love the sunroof so far.

blacaddy
06-17-12, 10:20 AM
Have had my '12 Wagon since April 1(significant date?) and in those 2 months I have driven through hard rain, semi hard snow-hail combo and BIG wind >>>no water OR air leaks anywhere in the car....Based on the differing comments concerning the ultra-view sunroof I am thinking there must be a factory installation and fitment issue on some of the cars.....maybe the factory tech didn't adjust the roof closing to allow it to seal correctly or the rubber gaskets are not installed correctly or ??.....So Burt99, what about the sunroof in your new ride?

bbang
06-17-12, 10:31 AM
no leaks here.

baabootoo
06-17-12, 12:05 PM
i dont understand what changed from the 09-10 models to the 11. Leaky roofs are new for 2011 but they had it right for two years.........
any speculation as to why? Was there any confirmed reason why the factory closed for a few days in feb.?

My 2009 leaked, and after the 4th repair, it is dry......so far!

Prdnme
06-17-12, 02:44 PM
It seems to be that the wagons are hit or miss with the leaking roof. With all the leaking roof talk over the years, I only looked for a wagon with no sunroof when buying. And I must say, I'm glad I went that route.

RapidRob
06-17-12, 05:42 PM
My 2009 sedan ultraview has never leaked, and I really enjoy it.

Rob

elphil
06-17-12, 08:22 PM
2011 Wagon with ultraview, 18 months old, no leaks.