: " New" fenders 1970 Deville

KimKnudsen
04-12-11, 05:09 PM
Was wondering...

lower sections on my front fenders are in very bad shape.

Will fenders from a 1969 Deville convertible fit my 1970 Deville Conv??

outsider
04-12-11, 05:32 PM
didn't 69 have horizontal headlights and the 70 had the vertical headlights as part of the front fenders?

I wouldn't think it would work out perfect but maybe you could take the lower part of the front fenders and patch?

sven914
04-12-11, 05:49 PM
^You mean the marker lights? Then yes there is that difference. But the marker light assembly should come off the fender and be interchangeable with the other year.

Structurally they were identical and '70 just has a few cosmetic features. The only real difference in the fenders is that the '70's have those two emblems, mounted on the tips. Those emblems are bolted on, through holes punched in the fender. The '69 fender will not have those holes. But otherwise the dimensions should be the same.

KimKnudsen
04-12-11, 05:55 PM
didn't 69 have horizontal headlights and the 70 had the vertical headlights as part of the front fenders?

I wouldn't think it would work out perfect but maybe you could take the lower part of the front fenders and patch?

- Yup that's right.. it's a little bit different lights.

i got this guy who have both front fenders with no rust for $200.
But it's from a 69.

the other option is to weld in new patch panels.

But i save some time if the fenders fit without modifications.

;)

KimKnudsen
04-12-11, 06:00 PM
^You mean the marker lights? Then yes there is that difference. But the marker light assembly should come off the fender and be interchangeable with the other year.

Structurally they were identical and '70 just has a few cosmetic features. The only real difference in the fenders is that the '70's have those two emblems, mounted on the tips. Those emblems are bolted on, though holes punched in the fender. The '69 fender will not have those holes. But otherwise the dimensions should be the same.

- aha... thank you SVEN :D

Sven made my day again ;)

outsider
04-12-11, 06:18 PM
ah nevermind. I was thinking in reverse...68 had the stacked headlights.

my bad. :P thanks for the correction sven.

sven914
04-12-11, 07:11 PM
I wish it was '70 that had them lights too.