Marc NY
04-12-11, 03:17 PM
2012 Cadillac SRX Offers More Powerful 3.6L Engine

New engine delivers improved acceleration, E85 ethanol FlexFuel capability
2011-04-12

■Bluetooth becomes standard on all models
■Heated steering wheel for luxury, performance and premium versions
■New 20-inch machined-face wheel finish

DETROIT – Cadillac will offer a new, more powerful engine for the 2012 SRX, providing buyers of the luxury crossover with improved acceleration both from a standstill and when passing.

The SRX will receive a 3.6L direct-injected V-6 engine projected to deliver 300 horsepower (224 kW) and 260 lb.-ft. (353 Nm) of torque, according to preliminary tests by Cadillac. The SRX’s current 3.0L direct-injected V-6 engine provides 265 horsepower (198 kW) and 223 lb.-ft (302 Nm) of torque. SRX models with the new engine are expected to arrive at dealerships in late summer. Pricing will be announced closer to the start of production.

Dramatically redesigned for the 2010 model year, the SRX has quickly climbed the luxury crossover ranks. SRX total U.S. sales rose 153 percent last year to 51,094, outselling the Acura MDX, Audi Q5 and Mercedes-Benz GLK350, and second only to the Lexus RX350 in sales among midsize luxury crossovers.

With the new engine, the SRX is projected to top the Lexus RX350 in horsepower and torque. Lexus rates the RX350’s 3.5L V-6 engine at 275 horsepower (205 kW) and 257 lb.-ft. (348 Nm) of torque.

“SRX is resonating with luxury buyers by offering the function of a crossover and the distinctive style of a Cadillac,” said Don Butler, vice president of Cadillac marketing. “Now, we’re raising the standards even higher by providing the SRX with enhanced performance. The new engine will make the SRX more responsive for passing on the highway, entering freeways from on-ramps and climbing hills.”

In addition to more horsepower and torque, the new engine has a wider rpm range for its maximum torque, which gives the driver more power across a wider range of speeds and driving conditions.

The new engine also is FlexFuel capable, meaning it can use either gasoline, E85 ethanol or any combination of the two. EPA fuel economy ratings have not been finalized, but Cadillac expects the SRX to provide customers with comparable real-world fuel efficiency. The current engine has an EPA rating of 18 city/25 highway mpg.

Other enhancements on the 2012 SRX include standard Bluetooth phone connectivity on all models, a heated steering wheel on the luxury, performance and premium trim levels and door lock switches on the driver and passenger door panels. The new model will continue to have door lock switches on the center console. Also for 2012, SRX will offer a new machined-face finish on the 20-inch wheels, which are standard on performance and premium trim levels.

“Every detail counts,” Butler said. “The SRX has been a phenomenal success, but at Cadillac, we’re always looking for ways to make our automobiles better.”

Popular features already offered on the SRX include a moveable cargo fence and large under-floor storage space in the rear, a liftgate that can be programmed to stop at different heights and an UltraView sunroof that covers 70 percent of the vehicle roof.

The SRX also is available in an all-wheel-drive version that incorporates an electronic limited slip rear differential. This system not only improves traction in slippery road conditions but provides side-to-side torque transfer along the rear axle to enhance control during hard cornering.

About Cadillac
Cadillac has been a leading luxury auto brand since 1902. In recent years, Cadillac has engineered a historic renaissance led by artful engineering and advanced technology. More information on Cadillac can be found at media.cadillac.com.

Marc NY
04-16-11, 05:28 PM
I heard the following color changes for 2012 are...

The exterior colors Imperial Blue Metallic and Blue Frost Metallic were deleted for 2012 model year.

The exterior color Xenon Blue Metallic will be new for the 2012 model year SRX.

TheCaptain
04-16-11, 05:31 PM
Oooh, Xenon Blue! That sounds cool! And i never really liked Imperial Blue, or Frost Blue...

Marc NY
04-16-11, 05:34 PM
Oooh, Xenon Blue! That sounds cool! And i never really liked Imperial Blue, or Frost Blue...Captain, I wonder if it will look as nice as your Aqua Blue? :)

RAB
04-16-11, 06:45 PM
2012 SRX - Deletions / New Features / Changes :

Deletions
Exterior color (GAP) Imperial Blue Metallic
Exterior color (GLF) Blue Frost Metalic
(Q62) 20" premium painted wheels
(LFI) 3.0L VVT DOHC V6 Engine

New Features
Exterior color (GTS) Xenon Blue Metallic
Heated steering wheel added to (44F) Wood Trim Package.
Redundant door locks located on the armrest
(RTG) 20" premium painted wheels with bright machined finish
(LFX) 3.6L SIDI DOHC V6 VVT Engine with (E85) FlexFuel (gas ethanol) capability.

Changes
RPO Code for (PW2) 18" painted wheels changes to (RT4). Wheel design does not change.
RPO code for (QF8) 18" bright machined finish wheels changes to (RV1). Wheel design does not change.
RPO code for (P47) 20" Chrome Tech wheels changes to (RTU). Wheel design does not change.
(AFA/AFC) Ebony interior with Titanium accents changes to (AFA/AFC) Ebony interior with Ebony accents
Leatherette seating surfaces replaced with leatherette seats with leather inserts

Info per: http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f15/meet-your-2012-cadillac-lineup-102254/

TheCaptain
04-16-11, 07:18 PM
Captain, I wonder if it will look as nice as your Aqua Blue? :)

Maybe! Or maybe another cool blue like Lazer Blue!! Or a combination of the two?! :bouncy:

Smokin' SRX
04-21-11, 12:44 AM
That Flex-Fuel ability for the 3.6, in 2012 is very welcome.

My Yukon is also a F/F sled and I tried it recently......WOW!! E-85 has about 105 octane (which makes computer advance timing apparently) and I felt like someone put a TURBO in while I slept! E-85 costs about 25% less, but gets about 25% less MPG also. So it's a wash, if you're looking for some cheap hoots!!

SS

daddie2k3
04-22-11, 01:39 AM
so now im curious...other than the bigger motor(which i dont want because will burn more gas) the only important no feature is heated wheel....do you all think we will be able to get that put on our 10 and 11s

Marc NY
04-22-11, 09:45 PM
The 3.6L engine will get about the same gas mileage as the 3.0L does and (maybe slightly better) with the added advantage of more HP & torque. As far as being able to add the heated steering wheel I highly doubt that option will be easily added if you wanted to do that.

daddie2k3
04-23-11, 11:38 AM
I guess it was wishful thinking lol well that's great for anybody who was able to wait...I can't wait to see that new blue in person

connore
04-24-11, 07:53 PM
anyone have a release date for the 2012??

Smokin' SRX
04-26-11, 11:50 AM
My Dealer will be placing Stock Orders in late May/early June, he says, expecting some July arrival. While they may not be able to order individuals yet, they can add you to their Stock order, and "reserve" for you, if they want. Ask them. You'll love the 3.6L eng! Had one on an Enclave and it flew!

SS

PS..................3.6L may be OPTIONAL on Base/Luxury sleds, standard on Performance/Premium??

Marc NY
04-26-11, 12:38 PM
... You'll love the 3.6L eng! Had one on an Enclave and it flew!

SS

PS..................3.6L may be OPTIONAL on Base/Luxury sleds, standard on Performance/Premium??I agree with SS my Enclave was very quick and it was in a much larger vehicle than our SRXs.

My salesman had told me he believes it is going to be standard on all the 2012 SRXs.

PJ1520
04-26-11, 12:51 PM
Look at the SRX sales figure increase from that press release April 12!!!!!!!!! The SRX is putting a good old-fashioned whoopin' on the competition! With the new DI 3.6L V6 for 2012 (sizeable increases in HP, torque, and the flex fuel capability) it looks like Lexus may be unseated from the top of the stack for this size and class of vehicle for the first time in (6?) years!!!!!

By Cadillac!!!!!!!

PJ

RAB
05-08-11, 11:06 AM
GM/Cadillac recently updated the Online Order Guide / Reference Guide for the 2012 SRX. Here's the latest:

Deletions
- Exterior color (GAP) Imperial Blue Metallic
- Exterior color (GBR) Platinum Ice Tricoat
- Exterior color (GBV) Gray Flannel Metallic
- Exterior color (GLF) Blue Frost Metalic
- (Q62) 20" premium painted wheels
- (LFI) 3.0L VVT DOHC V6 Engine

New Features
- Exterior color (GTS) Xenon Blue Metallic
- Heated steering wheel added to (44F) Wood Trim Package.
- Redundant door locks located on the armrest
- (RTG) 20" premium painted wheels with bright machined finish
- (LFX) 3.6L SIDI DOHC V6 VVT Engine with (E85) FlexFuel (gas ethanol) capability.

Changes
- RPO Code for (PW2) 18" painted wheels changes to (RT4). Wheel design does not change.
- RPO code for (QF8) 18" bright machined finish wheels changes to (RV1). Wheel design does not change.
- RPO code for (P47) 20" Chrome Tech wheels changes to (RTU). Wheel design does not change.
- (AFA/AFC) Ebony interior with Titanium accents changes to (AFA/AFC) Ebony interior with Ebony accents
- Leatherette seating surfaces replaced with leatherette seats with leather inserts

Specific hp & torque figures for the new 'LFX' engine have also been added to the order guide:
LFX NEW! Engine, 3.6L SIDI DOHC V6 VVT with E85 FlexFuel (gas ethanol) capability (308 hp [229.7 kW] @ 6800 rpm, 265 lb-ft of torque [357.8 N-m] @ 2400 rpm)

stevec5375
05-08-11, 12:25 PM
I'm curious to see the MPG numbers for this 2012 model with the bigger engine. One of its competitors that I looked at before buying the 2010 model was the Acura MDX. It has a 3.7L engine and gets 16/21 (AWD available only). When I saw the Cadillac FWD SRX had 17/25, it was a good thing. HOwever, if gas prices keep going up, I may have to sell it for something more economical. Thank Gawd I don't drive much.

RAB
05-08-11, 09:47 PM
I'm curious to see the MPG numbers for this 2012 model with the bigger engine.

We can look to the 2011 CTS Sport Sedan to get an idea of the potential MPG difference between the 2012 SRX (equipped with the new LFX 3.6L DI engine) and the 2011 SRX (equipped with the LFI 3.0L DI engine).

2011 CTS 3.0L AWD Performance Sedan
EPA est. Fuel Economy City: 18 MPG
EPA est. Fuel Economy Highway: 26 MPG

2011 CTS 3.6L AWD Performance Sedan
EPA est. Fuel Economy City: 18 MPG
EPA est. Fuel Economy Highway: 27 MPG

I expect the MPG numbers for the 308 hp / 265 lb-ft of torque 3.6L 2012 SRX to be as good as, or better than, the 265 hp / 223 lb-ft of torque 3.0L 2011 SRX.
For ref. the EPA est. fuel economy city/highway numbers for the 2011 SRX are 18/25 MPG (FWD) and 17/23 (AWD).

PJ1520
05-09-11, 01:08 AM
I'm curious to see the MPG numbers for this 2012 model with the bigger engine. One of its competitors that I looked at before buying the 2010 model was the Acura MDX. It has a 3.7L engine and gets 16/21 (AWD available only). When I saw the Cadillac FWD SRX had 17/25, it was a good thing. HOwever, if gas prices keep going up, I may have to sell it for something more economical. Thank Gawd I don't drive much.

Steve...........don't sell the SRX!!!!! Sell your body on the street to subsidize the gas!!!!!!!!! Think of all of the smiles that would generate for you......continuing to drive the SRX, that is.

PJ

b4z
05-21-11, 11:25 AM
2400rpms!!!!!!!!
how did they get the tq peak down that low? It's 4800rpms in the CTS for 2012.
I've never seen a 3.6L with a tq peak that low. That's small bore stroker motor 305cu. in TPI like tq.
Is that a misprint?