04-12-11, 02:41 AM
I was just wondering what everyone on here rolls around in

I drive my 78 Sedan DeVille daily.

SalmonJan
04-12-11, 02:58 AM
Me...

Adrian12
04-12-11, 04:00 AM
i use my 1981 v8-6-4 in summer as daily driver. cool car with consumption about 10-12 litres/100 km mixed.

i love cad in summer :D

SDCaddyLacky
04-12-11, 04:05 AM
Me too, my 94 Fleetwood is a perfect daily driver, but with gas prices being so high, I don't drive as much like i used to. For instance, If I am craving something junky, like a nice juicy cheese burger, I'll just stay home to save a trip to Carls Jr. and cook something similar. I Don't drive to my friends house as much either. Even thinking about of buying a small beater car to get from A to B, to cut down my expenses on gas, it's getting ridiculous.

SalmonJan
04-12-11, 04:13 AM
I drive my Cadillac Fleetwood 1994 often, the car has great gas mileage, very economy car, my brother has Oldsmobile delta 88 from 1985 and it has horrible consumption.

csbuckn
04-12-11, 04:49 AM
I dont. I was always lucky enough to have a little four banger to do the commuting. I agree with SDCaddy, you gotta have a little car to get you back and forth to work. But I also know that some people cant have two cars. If I couldnt have two, the little car would be gone. I wouldnt give up my caddy for better mileage.

outsider
04-12-11, 09:48 AM
i swap between my 87 and my 95.

deVille33
04-12-11, 09:53 AM
My brown '77 is my DD, But this Winter, with the weather as bad as it was, I cut back on driving.

robb257731
04-12-11, 09:53 AM
Yeah...gas prices are a killer these days. My 91 is in storage, but once it's out, it's the weekend car with some weeknight cruises, as it has been since I bought it. My daily driver for the past 11 years was a 1998 Monte Carlo. Got rid of that last summer and bought a 2006 Ford Freestyle AWD Limited....it's good for hauling stuff around. On long highway drives it averages about 8 Litres per 100km. City ranges anywhere from 12 to 16, depending on the season....it's a pig in winter for some reason.

SalmonJan
04-12-11, 11:15 AM
Gas prices are a killer these days here, in Czec republic, Europe. We pay 2 dollars per 1 litre (1/4 galon). Still i love my Cadillac.

MudAnt
04-12-11, 01:38 PM
I do, but I'm hoping to get another car soon for the commuting/winter use.

9ine3reefleet
04-12-11, 04:12 PM
Every singele day for a year now and hasnt given me TOO much trouble, but I didnt buy it for daily driving. My beater is getting worked on at the mercy of the auto-shop mechanic at my school, so who knows when that will get done. Be sooooo glad when I can put the lac to rest.

jcolliga40
04-12-11, 04:19 PM
When I first for my 86 it was my daily. Even made a few trips back and forth from.school to home ( Vermont to ma). But I was making he trip one day and I looked in the rear view big cloud of blue Its white smoke. Ever since then its been in the garage waiting for the motor to show. I drive a 89 f350 to and from work talk about horrible gas millage. I do about 100 dollars a week on gas. But now the weather is better the Kawasaki Vulcan comes out

sven914
04-12-11, 04:33 PM
I use mine all year long. It takes two weeks to empty the tank, so there isn't a lot of driving done, but I take it out a few times every week.

Angry Matt
04-12-11, 05:22 PM
Up until last September I had Cadillacs for a daily drivers since 2000. I bought my '86 cutlass to save on gas, and it's not bad. Still drive the 472 car about twice a week.

pcm
04-13-11, 12:02 AM
i drive my 1990 brougham daily but when the weather gets too bad i drive my jeep

cadillac kevin
04-13-11, 12:45 AM
I drove my caddy daily until it got wrecked back in december.
in the past 4 months, I've driven it less than 150 feet. hard to drive a car with a leaking valve cover gasket, blown head gasket, and no compression in a few cylinders that's being lubricated with coolant and cooled with oil.
drove it about halfway down the block over the weekend and realized it had no compression. nothing like getting ready to do a video review of the car and realizing it has no go. at least I fixed the damn trans. so it shifts. lol. lotta good it does me.

lacville78
04-13-11, 02:13 AM
Haha
I know people think I'm crazy, but i'm rolling with a very worn out 425. The left bank has a bad head gasket thats leaking compression between cylinders, this caused two dead cylinders. But the 425 still has ample power, its like a 368 stuck in 6cylinder mode. But its still dumping fuel into the cylinders which causes it to drink gas like its drunk. And requires frequent oil changes.
The impressive thing is the car is still moving around. These cars can take soo much abuse and keep ticking its impressed the hell out of me.

albymangled
04-13-11, 07:15 AM
I also have a Jeep for my drive car...

on LPG...

around 0.60 to 0.70c AUD per litre.

It does around five to six kilometers per litre.

I can live with that...

high octane petrol is around $1.50 to $1.70 a litre....

that is only for the bike or the Caddy.

cadillac_al
04-13-11, 07:35 AM
What else would I drive? Every crappy errand I have to run is always more enjoyable if I'm sitting in a Caddy.

Bro-Ham
04-13-11, 01:06 PM
79 is driven nearly every day. LOVE it! :)

GenrlRodes
04-13-11, 03:32 PM
My daily driver is my 95 Fleetwood Brougham. Since my girlfriends, son car went out of commission, he has been driving my 90 Brougham D'Elegance daily, though he doesn't like driving my 'old people' car...

AElayyat
04-14-11, 12:20 AM
I use to until the Caddy's started to give me issues...it was time for a new daily driver.

I still roll the Broughams on weekends though...

water walkin warrior
04-14-11, 02:33 PM
I drive my '89 Brougham everyday. In fact, the other car is down so the Caddie is the family car now. She needs a good tune up and someone rear ended me last December though.

pompste
04-15-11, 09:58 AM
Damn good thread dude!
I swap between my '78 & '95 Sedan Deville`s daily in the good weather months.I drive just the '78 in the winter---getting it washed often to get the rotten road salt off it here in Michigan.
With gas prices getting absurd,i`ve had to eliminate unnecessary trips in the '78 as it`s a gulper on gas.

The-Dullahan
04-17-11, 12:59 PM
Drive my Hearse Daily. Regardless of weather or traffic or distance. The only place I never took it was to get my license, because the only place even remotely close to here where you can do that is also 100% inaccessible with my vehicle.

307 toting 8k pounds of weight up steep hills (Yes, I have those in Florida) means sucky MPG, but who's counting?

intragration
04-17-11, 04:43 PM
I drive my '70 pretty much daily in nice weather. In bad weather I drive a Chevy Blazer. It's nice, because the Blazer only gets 14 MPG, so I don't go soft and get used to good gas mileage even with my winter car. I don't take vacations, I don't have cable, I don't go to sporting events or concerts. CARS are what I live for, and hell if I'm going to let gas prices get between me and what I love. (Would be nice though if we'd drill for our own natural resources...) When _I_ want a cheeseburger, it's in a 1970 Coupe DeVille. :)

lacville78
04-18-11, 03:29 AM
Awesome responses!!!!

Fat Caddy
04-20-11, 02:20 AM
88 Brougham 11 mpg/city 16 mpg/hwy. Daily Driver. $75.00 fill up. But no one ever gets in my way.

sinatra caddy
04-20-11, 05:50 PM
i do. gas prices are killing me though. i have a 96 fleetwood brougham and my wife drives a 99 deville.

cadiman74
04-21-11, 01:48 AM
was driving my 73 coupe but cant afford to now...selling it actually..just got a 96 fwb and so far so good but no more dumb little trips...at $4.30 a gallon...every drive is with a puspose...lol

Caddylover86
04-21-11, 06:51 PM
i switch between my 85 caprice and my 89 fleetwood brougham. like night and day lol, love the smooth ride the caddy has. not to much a difference on gas since both cars have 25 gallon gas tanks lol!

EndlessRyd
04-22-11, 11:33 AM
Hey, havent visited here in a while, but with the weather getting better, its time to get the Cadi out of the barn! I dont drive my 88 unless its a nice sunny day, usually on the weekend. I think I put around 250 miles or so on the car last year. I always tell myself Im going to drive it more, but I get busy and the weekends seem to fly by. I also have 3 vehicles. I have a 1998 Cavilier that I use as a daily driver, a 09 Mercury Sable Premier that I just use for roadtrips, and my 88 Brougham. Im determined to drive the Cadi more this summer. I took it out and detailed it a couple weeks ago, but then the weather turned nasty again... hopefully it will eventually warm up and be sunny again in the Chicago area!

SalmonJan
04-30-11, 06:09 AM
I just had trip to Netherland from Czech republic, my Caddy Fleetwood 1994 makes 100km per 9.5 litre, it is about 25 mpg.

RShanks
04-30-11, 01:23 PM
We do. Not commercially; it is our family car.

TheRedSharon
05-01-11, 08:21 PM
Sharon is a daily driver, and it shows. I wouldn't have it any other way, but the frivolous trips will have to end what with rising gas prices.

JRG73
05-02-11, 03:05 PM
My 1973 coupe DeVille has been my daily driver for over one year and a half. Like someone said previously, I cut out a lot of the extras in life for the love of my cars and driving what I want to drive. Even at well over $4 per gallon, it still beats a monthly car payment, smog checks, expensive registration etc... and it's just pure pleasure to drive. I do wish I could figure out how to get more than 8 miles per gallon out of it. Is that normal for that year?

Bro-Ham
05-02-11, 07:49 PM
My 1973 coupe DeVille has been my daily driver for over one year and a half. Like someone said previously, I cut out a lot of the extras in life for the love of my cars and driving what I want to drive. Even at well over $4 per gallon, it still beats a monthly car payment, smog checks, expensive registration etc... and it's just pure pleasure to drive. I do wish I could figure out how to get more than 8 miles per gallon out of it. Is that normal for that year?

Do you drive mostly city or highway miles? 8 MPG seems low to me. My 79 Cad averages about 14 to 15 MPG regardless of how I drive it.

JRG73
05-03-11, 07:41 PM
I do drive mostly city. Although, it seems that if I drive highway or city, lead-food or like a grandma, I get the same results. The car runs really well and is all stock so it's hard to know where to start. I'd like to find a way to bypass the smog pump. It also doesn't have a fan clutch so the fan is always being turned, which I think is strange. I could get rid of the points and switch to HEI etc... I just wonder if it's the sheer weight of the car? It's one of the heaviest years with one of the most underpowered engines.

JRG73
05-03-11, 08:07 PM
was driving my 73 coupe but cant afford to now...selling it actually..just got a 96 fwb and so far so good but no more dumb little trips...at $4.30 a gallon...every drive is with a puspose...lol

Hey! I tried sending a message but apparently I'm too new to the forum... I also have a 73 coupe and I'm just curious as to what kind of gas mileage your 73 gets. I cannot seem to achieve more than 8mpg no matter how I drive.

pompste
05-04-11, 04:40 AM
I do drive mostly city. Although, it seems that if I drive highway or city, lead-food or like a grandma, I get the same results. The car runs really well and is all stock so it's hard to know where to start. I'd like to find a way to bypass the smog pump. It also doesn't have a fan clutch so the fan is always being turned, which I think is strange. I could get rid of the points and switch to HEI etc... I just wonder if it's the sheer weight of the car? It's one of the heaviest years with one of the most underpowered engines.

Your '73 has a 500 engine, correct? And your Caddy weighs about 750 pounds or more more than Bro-hams '79 425.
If memory serves correct,8-11 mpg was the norm for the 500.Correct me if i`m wrong someone.
My '78 Sedan Deville has a 425 engine and gets 13-14 mpg---but it needs a tune-up.

JRG73
05-04-11, 05:37 PM
Actually the '73 has a 472 with about 220hp when it was new, I can only imagine it's significantly less now at 38 years old! That's such low hp for a car so heavy, plus being bogged by a single exhaust pipe and a smog pump. Thanks for the input, hopefully someone out there has figured a good way to squeeze a few more mpg out of this car!

Your '73 has a 500 engine, correct? And your Caddy weighs about 750 pounds or more more than Bro-hams '79 425.
If memory serves correct,8-11 mpg was the norm for the 500.Correct me if i`m wrong someone.
My '78 Sedan Deville has a 425 engine and gets 13-14 mpg---but it needs a tune-up.