: Starting Problem

mjv53
04-12-11, 12:08 AM
Anyone having this problem. Start car as always get in put foot on brake push start button, nothing, full live dash everything, but no engine fire, contact roadside services do the normal tricks nothing, wait then starts? Roadside Tech shows up runs all his stuff, seems good says it must be some electronic interference. Turn engine off then go to restart same thing no start? Never had this issue now Techs wondering what it is. Anyone out there dealing with this?

Smokin' SRX
04-12-11, 11:31 AM
Hmmm? Try the other Remote fob. Take first one 30' away first. Just a hunch. What model do you have?? (Profile incomplete) Keyless Access? Any messages in the DIC? (center of speedo)

SS

mjv53
04-12-11, 12:58 PM
Thanks for the reply. i have a 2010 AWD turbo keyless entry, no messages in DIC, then a whole bunch pop up, onstar ad field check show none? this is really strange!

Smokin' SRX
04-13-11, 07:56 AM
Make note of "whole bunch" of codes that pop up and see Dealer. If Onstar doesn't see them, it's probably a silly issue like a bad ground cable or something. Do not delay. This could strand you...............

SS

mjv53
04-13-11, 03:00 PM
Thanks, it is in the dealers hands now, and they can't seem to find the problem, to say my confidence is not real strong is an understatment, so they are going to keep looking for the problem!

Smokin' SRX
04-14-11, 09:23 AM
Good. Soon as they duplicate it, they will fix it. Pls let us know.........

SS

r100rsrider
04-14-11, 11:00 AM
Do you have a Cell phone close to the fob?

mjv53
04-14-11, 03:48 PM
Have an answer now from Dealer the main computer is bad and needs to be replaced, and they are having a hard time finding one? This car has 2000 miles on it and is 7 months old! I hope this is not a dream of the other things ahead!