: Blind spot or side blinker??

daddie2k3
04-12-11, 12:54 AM
Have anybody decided to change that side blinker in chrome housing if so how do you go about doing so and what bulb does it use??

TheCaptain
04-12-11, 01:01 AM
Its a 194 bulb i believe, and you can pull out the front fenderwells for access. (I just took a quick peek at this once while i had the passengers side off, so i assume the drivers is the same)

daddie2k3
04-12-11, 02:57 AM
So are you saying exactly like we did when installing fog lights just remove the rear liner with Phillips screwdriver??

TheCaptain
04-12-11, 08:10 AM
Yep, though i pulled the whole fender liner out.

daddie2k3
04-12-11, 11:25 AM
Thanks so much Captain...i hope you are right by it being 194 bulbs because I'm going to order piaa like your drl's so I can have matching drl, front and side blinkers....I hate amber blinkers but I'm a vols fan..go figure lol...thanks again we do mod next week when I receive lights in mail

Smokin' SRX
04-12-11, 12:54 PM
Thanks so much Captain...i hope you are right by it being 194 bulbs because I'm going to order piaa like the your drl's so I can have matching drl, front and side blinkers....I hate amber blinkers but I'm a vols..go figure lol...thanks again we do mod next week when I receive lights in mail

You don't state your location in your profile. So beware, US Fed Laws on front/side turn lights REQUIRE amber, when I last looked. (pls double-check me!) I think the white you intend, may get you a ticket or two..........

And only strictly, REAR visible, turn lights may be red.

SS
Just a heads-up..........

SS

daddie2k3
04-12-11, 01:30 PM
Thanks Smokin SRX for looking out for me and yes thats the second time pointed out I need to update profile lol but yes it ok here to have clear blinkers on front and side I.e. Older cars which use marker/blinker in the front the bottom or on bumper and as far as side a lot BMW's and VW gti's has the clear lense with clear bulbs here but thanks again o btw I wasn't going to change rear blinker but might change reverse bulb later to match the other or use led because doesn't blink so won't have to worry about "hyper flash"

daddie2k3
04-12-11, 08:13 PM
hate to bother but Captain or anybody else can you confirm the slide blinker bulb is 194 bulbs before i place order

TheCaptain
04-12-11, 11:44 PM
I'm in the same boat man, there's nothing in the manual, just go knock a couple of bolts out of the fender. I can't anymore, because i siliconed my mudflaps to the fender liner so rocks don't get in between.

daddie2k3
04-13-11, 04:46 AM
O well....well thanks Captain for get me a chance to be the first person to do a mod lol...I was following all yours to make easy on me...well will post soon