: intercooler pump

joeszo6
04-11-11, 06:21 PM
Does anybody know how many gallons per minute the stock intercooler pumps on the CTS-V? I was told the stock one pumps 9 gal min but lingenfelter told me they been using the pump off a gt 500 and that only pumps 4 1/2 gal min.

Dr. Design
04-11-11, 07:01 PM
Hello,
The OEM unit flows 9 GPM. We do offer a upgraded unit for the BMF Ultracooler with our 20 GPM unit...

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

Does anybody know how many gallons per minute the stock intercooler pumps on the CTS-V? I was told the stock one pumps 9 gal min but lingenfelter told me they been using the pump off a gt 500 and that only pumps 4 1/2 gal min.

jb7952
04-12-11, 08:01 AM

One thing I learning liquid cooling PCs, faster isn't always better. You need to liquid to have time to absorb the heat, too fast and it's not as effective.

Dr. Design
04-12-11, 02:46 PM
Hello,
Typically the slower the better. However with the use of our BMF Super Cooler the speed is certainly desired. We tested both ways and determined that the speed provided the best results for this application when using the BMF Super Cooler.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

One thing I learning liquid cooling PCs, faster isn't always better. You need to liquid to have time to absorb the heat, too fast and it's not as effective.

GMX322V S/C
04-12-11, 03:12 PM

Turbulence is key. If the flow inside the heat exchanger tubes is too smooth, you need dwell time to let the exchange medium absorb more heat. In a good design, turbulence exposes more of the medium to the heat, which allows a faster flow to carry away more heat.

CTSV4now
04-12-11, 03:59 PM
how much coolant does the stock heat exchanger hold? how much does the D3 unit hold?

Dr. Design
04-12-11, 05:23 PM
The OEM intercooler system (i.e. lines, fill neck, heat exchanger, intercooler) hold approx 2.4 quarts. Our BMF Super Cooler holds 1.5 Gallons just in the unit itself. That does not include the 1/2" lines.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

how much coolant does the stock heat exchanger hold? how much does the D3 unit hold?