: Quession about CTS-V couple interiol Leather

nguyennhatquang
04-10-11, 11:45 PM
Hi everybody, i'm considering about the CTS-V couple. Because i'm living in Viet Nam, so it is difficult to get the information. i'm very interesting in CTS-V couple. i did some research in internet, i fould this photos
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_1d1OMhUPzz8/TKtyTckriXI/AAAAAAAAFuY/y6rr4iCZMiY/s1600/2011+Cadillac+CTS+V+Wagon+Price+Interior.jpg
but when i come to cadillac website, i can't find this option for the CTS-V.
so, it is the special version or they custom it. Thank you in advance.

mrl859
04-11-11, 12:16 AM
Which option? That photo depicts a standard dash for an automatic V with the "Steering Wheel, Suede Rim and Suede Shift Knob" (which requires Recaro seats) and the "wood trim package".

digital1021
04-11-11, 12:17 AM
That photo is the 2011 CTS-V Wagon Concept interior. The CTS-V is available with the suede steering wheel and Shift Nob, however the Air Bag isn't covered with leather. Additionally, the the entire CTS line uses a "leatherette" material that is cut and sewn in a similar fashion on the dash and doors.

http://i762.photobucket.com/albums/xx265/digital102183/ctsvwriteup/b7c8c352.jpg
This is the interior of my 2011 CTS-V Coupe (the Ebony/Saffron color is only available in the coupe). Sorry it's not the best photo, but should give you an idea of the interior.

~ Matt

King335i
04-11-11, 03:14 AM
Yeah that's the suede option, but on my coupe the airbag is not covered in suede, only the rim. I assume that's what he's asking about.

nguyennhatquang
04-11-11, 10:20 AM
so, if i want to ordere this car from my country and i want leather corve everything like that photos, i must bring the car to another custom job ?

mrl859
04-11-11, 01:20 PM
That photo is the 2011 CTS-V Wagon Concept interior. The CTS-V is available with the suede steering wheel and Shift Nob, however the Air Bag isn't covered with leather. Additionally, the the entire CTS line uses a "leatherette" material that is cut and sewn in a similar fashion on the dash and doors.

http://i762.photobucket.com/albums/xx265/digital102183/ctsvwriteup/b7c8c352.jpg
This is the interior of my 2011 CTS-V Coupe (the Ebony/Saffron color is only available in the coupe). Sorry it's not the best photo, but should give you an idea of the interior.

~ MattGood call. I didn't even notice the airbag cover. I don't care for the airbag cover in suede, personally.

mrl859
04-11-11, 01:29 PM
so, if i want to ordere this car from my country and i want leather corve everything like that photos, i must bring the car to another custom job ?Yes.

SleepTight
04-11-11, 05:28 PM
so, if i want to ordere this car from my country and i want leather corve everything like that photos, i must bring the car to another custom job ?

No. I think I understand your question and I believe you are confused by the fake stitching on the dash and doors. While the dashboard and door panels appear to be covered in leather in the photo of the CTS-V Wagon you provided, it is actually vinyl and plastic with some very unconvincing stitching on it meant to look like leather. In real life, it doesn't fool anyone.

The interior of the CTS-V coupe (with suede and Recaro seat options) is shown below:

http://image.motortrend.com/f/auto_shows/detroit/2010/1001_2011_cadillac_cts_v_coupe/26516813+w750+st0/2011-cadillac-CTS-V-coupe-interior-1.jpg

Trust me, the yellow stitching in the photo is fake. The only thing leather on the V interior is the steering wheel and shifter (if ordered without suede) and the side sections of the optional Recaro seats.

So, if you want your V Coupe to be just like the photo you attached, you should order the car with the suede package, wood package and Recaro seats. If you want a leather covered dashboard and door panels, you will have to get that work performed by a custom installer.

CTSV4now
04-11-11, 05:40 PM
Who left the Sham WOWs on the seats??

nguyennhatquang
04-11-11, 05:52 PM
so, what is the shop i shut send my car to cover the leather before i send it to viet nam. Thank you.
in my country i must pay 300% tax, i don't want my car have a lot of cheap plastic. it will look like japan car.

SleepTight
04-11-11, 07:19 PM
so, what is the shop i shut send my car to cover the leather before i send it to viet nam. Thank you.
in my country i must pay 300% tax, i don't want my car have a lot of cheap plastic. it will look like japan car.

I don't have any personal experience with them, but site sponsor D3 Cadillac offers bespoke interiors for the V. http://www.d3cadillac.com/products/d3-bespoke-interiors Since D3 is in California and a car bound for Vietnam will inevitably sail from the West Coast that's as good a place as any to start your search.

Note also that even though the V interior makes liberal use of plastic, it's still not a bad interior. On the other hand, if money is no object-by all means, go for leather.

whisler151
04-11-11, 07:28 PM
in my country i must pay 300% tax, i don't want my car have a lot of cheap plastic.

I think the tax on importing cars to Vietnam is 72-82%. Why do you say it is 300%?

mrl859
04-11-11, 07:51 PM
Who left the Sham WOWs on the seats??:rofl::rofl::rofl: That's just not nice.

nguyennhatquang
04-11-11, 09:57 PM
I think the tax on importing cars to Vietnam is 72-82%. Why do you say it is 300%?

82% import tax for >5.5 Engine
50% excise tax of the MSPR + IMport tax
10% VAT, 10% of MSPR + import tax + Excise tax.
licences number plates 12 % of total prices after tax.
so it nearly 300%, it made the car nearly 3 times expensive than normal.