: Installed chrome tow hooks today - GM part # 19243784

ELUSIVE
04-10-11, 08:24 PM
I installed the GM chrome tow hooks (19243784) on my 2010 Escalade ESV this afternoon.

I had read some posts that the front bumper had to come off in order to do this install. I didn't remove mine.

I started with the drivers side (easier) and pretty quickly had the old hook out. It took a little bit of playing around to get the new hook in place but once I did it bolted on rather easily. Lots more room on this side.

The passenger side was more difficult as there are some pieces in the way that make it hard to get to the bolts. Took probably 2-3 times as long.

I really like the look of the chrome. Changes the look of the front end slightly.

Cheers!

2007XTSDub
04-10-11, 08:44 PM
Pics?

Sent from Android.

ELUSIVE
04-10-11, 09:12 PM
Here you go:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17964735/ESV1.jpg

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17964735/ESV2.jpg

2007XTSDub
04-10-11, 09:23 PM
Looks good

Sent from Android.

hcvone
04-11-11, 06:55 AM
I installed the GM chrome tow hooks (19243784) on my 2010 Escalade ESV this afternoon.

I had read some posts that the front bumper had to come off in order to do this install. I didn't remove mine.

I started with the drivers side (easier) and pretty quickly had the old hook out. It took a little bit of playing around to get the new hook in place but once I did it bolted on rather easily. Lots more room on this side.

The passenger side was more difficult as there are some pieces in the way that make it hard to get to the bolts. Took probably 2-3 times as long.

I really like the look of the chrome. Changes the look of the front end slightly.

Cheers!

Yea I put them on every truck, don't know who said the bumper has to be removed, it's a 10 minute job on a lift. I always take the black ones to my friends shop and have them chromed for the next truck. :)

MrHolland
04-11-11, 07:33 AM
That looks nice.

ELUSIVE
04-11-11, 11:11 AM
Upon researching I found numerous threads saying that removing the bumper made it easier on GM vehicles:

Here are two such examples:
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-escalade-ext-esv-forum-2007/178698-gm-accessories-chrome-tow-hooks.html
http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=128988&pid=1147780&mode=threaded&start=#entry1147780

Needless to say that I was stoked to finish the job without having too.

bstiffmanofsteel
04-11-11, 03:01 PM
Looks good!

Rich909
04-11-11, 06:57 PM
Looks good!

x2 Rich

JLeosnow
10-05-14, 08:44 PM
Bringing an old thread back to life.... Just ordered a set of these chrome tow hooks for my 08 ESV and really hoping bumper removal is not necessary. Can anyone post any tips/tricks for getting these installed without bumper removal?

Thanks much!
-John

hcvone
10-06-14, 07:23 AM
If I remember correctly the drivers side takes a few minutes, the passenger side requires small hands and arms to get to the bolts, I did it on a lift with a few ratchet offsets, I miss my tow hooks that the platinum's don't have. :(

JLeosnow
10-06-14, 07:41 AM
If I remember correctly the drivers side takes a few minutes, the passenger side requires small hands and arms to get to the bolts, I did it on a lift with a few ratchet offsets, I miss my tow hooks that the platinum's don't have. :(
hcvone,
Do you remember if there is any benefit to taking off/removing the trim bezels that are in the bumper in the tow hook pocket area or does all of this get done from underneath/behind..?

Thanks,
-John

hcvone
10-06-14, 10:18 AM
hcvone,
Do you remember if there is any benefit to taking off/removing the trim bezels that are in the bumper in the tow hook pocket area or does all of this get done from underneath/behind..?

Thanks,
-John

No because the bolts you get from the back, and then I pushed the hooks thru the front to place them before bolting, it looked like more work to remove them than it was worth, you just can't really see what you are doing on the passenger side because of a support bracket

JLeosnow
10-06-14, 10:42 AM
No because the bolts you get from the back, and then I pushed the hooks thru the front to place them before bolting, it looked like more work to remove them than it was worth, you just can't really see what you are doing on the passenger side because of a support bracket

Ok, thank you for the info hcvone!

-John

dsminva
10-06-14, 11:53 AM
Carl you want to trade me your platinum front bumper and grill for mine? Then you can have your tow hooks back :D

I hate chrome BTW, and woodgrain. I'm doing everything I can to get rid of it all. The hideous chrome wheels are the first to go.

To each their own :)

JLeosnow
10-06-14, 07:49 PM
Got them removed somewhat easily. Much easier to take 1/8 turns on the one bolt that is a bugger on the RH-side than to remove the complete bumper IMO....

Thanks!
-John

JLeosnow
10-08-14, 08:17 PM
I got the chrome ones in the mail tody and got them all fitted up this afternoon. Very subtle change but looks good IMO. I snagged mine on eBay for $70 shipped, new. Probably wouldn't pay much more than this for them being that they really are not all that noticeable.

-John

hcvone
10-09-14, 07:11 AM
Customers give me their old black ones after we change them to chrome just to get rid of them, after I get a dozen or so I glass bead them to bare metal and then get them chrome plated and sell them on ebay ;)