: to any of you STS owners/enthusiasts; did anyone consider the Chrysler 300C?

Minarets
10-07-04, 04:42 PM
or for the performance buffs, maybe the 420HP 300 SRT-8 that will be coming out early next year?

im wondering how much competition this car will have with the STS. i know it is a different class. the STS is competing with the Lexus 430 and the BMW 5 series. The Chrysler 300C is a very nice car for the $$$. the interior is def no STS.

just curious if this car weighed on any of your decsions. thanks

Sandy
10-07-04, 05:28 PM
I will drive one, when it becomes available. If it has a decent ride (meaning NOT like a Camaro with the heavy duty suspension package) there's a good chance that I'll order one and sell the 2003 Town Car. I had a HEMI 425 H.P. in the early '70s :yup: and I am trying to re-live my youth. :banghead: Hard to achieve in a Town Car, nice as it is! :bouncy:

nbfc
10-07-04, 06:13 PM
I have the new 2005 STS and to be honest I didnt even consider the 300C. One of my friends have one and it is nicknamed the poor mans bently because of how the front. I dont really care for the short windows. I have owned a Cadillac for quite a number of years. I trade in a DTS for the STS and i love both cars. I also have a SRX V8 for my wife and that is also a great truck.

ben72227
10-07-04, 06:42 PM
i'd think the 300 was more in the league of the CTS, not the STS. Its a Chrysler, so .... lets just say id rather have the CTS.

It does, however, look quite nice (on the outside) its what id envision the deville to look like if they ever upgrade its design. but the deville will look probably more like the sixteen....

Ormond
10-08-04, 11:24 AM
I like the 300C. It has more room than the STS, but not its level of refinement. The C is $15,000 less. The only feature the STS has over the competition is the remote starting. I don't know if I would use it. Competition is good!!

BeelzeBob
10-08-04, 11:39 AM
If the 420HP 300 SRT-8 and the STS are going to compete in any way, it'll compete vs the STS-V - which I believe will have a supercharged Northstar.. Otherwise, the 300C is a very nice car. I love the looks of it. I think they kinda screwed things up by having the regular 300 look exactly the same (as far as I can tell) and be so inexpensive. I see every crap-bag around here driving one. Besides that, I see them as rentals as well.. There's no exclusivity at all... But, like I said, it's a really nice car...

Caddy Man
10-08-04, 12:39 PM
If the 420HP 300 SRT-8 and the STS are going to compete in any way, it'll compete vs the STS-V - which I believe will have a supercharged Northstar.. Otherwise, the 300C is a very nice car. I love the looks of it. I think they kinda screwed things up by having the regular 300 look exactly the same (as far as I can tell) and be so inexpensive. I see every crap-bag around here driving one. Besides that, I see them as rentals as well.. There's no exclusivity at all... But, like I said, it's a really nice car...
but what price is the sts-v going to run? i bet the SRT 8 will be a bargain compared to that. I know of course you are getting more with the sts, but the 300C is a car that looks expensive without being expensive. Kinda like the Lincoln LS, which i wa ssuprised was in the same class as a CTS, but it looks way more expensive and upscale. Also, in the last generation STS, you could tell and you knew the car was expensive, but now with the 1SA and 1SB models (the low end models) it cheapens the STS name. These models are nothing but overgorwn CTS's in my opinion. Plus cadillac owners should be last to talk about rental cars, CTS's are starting to be in rentals , and devilles have always been as well as used in the livery service.

Sandy
10-08-04, 03:00 PM
SRT-8s are gonna be in the mid forties. Goal: Fastest sedan 0-60 4-Sale of the "Big-3" GM, Ford & Chrysler. Goal: 4.9 0-60 stock outta the box. There will be non warrantee voiding high(er) performance parts at High Performance Dodge & Chrysler dealers. The H.P. will be 425 with Tq. of 430 Lb/ AND all wheel drive with stability control. I'm allready standing in line. Way back here

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxI am here> X :burn:

majax
10-08-04, 05:00 PM
The 300c looks okay but I dought the overal quality compared to the STS.

gothicaleigh
10-08-04, 05:23 PM
Goal: Fastest sedan 0-60 4-Sale of the "Big-3" GM, Ford & Chrysler. Goal: 4.9 0-60 stock outta the box.

Didn't the CTS-V already win that? 4.7 second 0-60 (okay, so reviews can only get 5.0 0-60 times, but once they cure the wheel hop it should be possible). Personally, I would rather buy a year old CTS-V for $40k than a brand new SRT-8...

In a year it will also have to compete with a more powerful CTS-V and the 430hp STS-V with the supercharged northstar.

Slick V
10-09-04, 12:10 AM
For the CTS-V the manufacturer says 0-60 is 4.6, but the latest magezine( Car & Driver I beleive) hit 4.8

60 special
10-12-04, 05:39 PM
The 300c looks okay but I dought the overal quality compared to the STS.

I have had one Seville and one STS in the past 6 years. On both of them the third breaklight in the trunk went out. On the STS the side skirts came loose from the car. Quality?

gothicaleigh
10-12-04, 09:34 PM
This is the new Cadillac. Everything has changed and really isn't comparable to even the cars designed a couple years ago.

As for your specific issues:
The CHMSL strip is now a brighter, quicker, longer lasting neon strip.
The new cars are put together at the Lansing Grand River assembly plant. It is the highest ranked assembly plant in quality in the U.S. The STS is also raising the bar by holding to fit tolerances that are the highest ever used in a production car (for example, panel gaps are half of what Cadillac used to allow).

Cadillac is in a different league than it was when you purchased your previous SeVilles.

miscreant
10-12-04, 11:10 PM
I have had one Seville and one STS in the past 6 years. On both of them the third breaklight in the trunk went out. On the STS the side skirts came loose from the car. Quality?
That's it??? :hmm:

ktills45
10-13-04, 07:00 AM
This is the new Cadillac. Everything has changed and really isn't comparable to even the cars designed a couple years ago.

As for your specific issues:
The CHMSL strip is now a brighter, quicker, longer lasting neon strip.
The new cars are put together at the Lansing Grand River assembly plant. It is the highest ranked assembly plant in quality in the U.S. The STS is also raising the bar by holding to fit tolerances that are the highest ever used in a production car (for example, panel gaps are half of what Cadillac used to allow).

Cadillac is in a different league than it was when you purchased your previous SeVilles.

I think Lansing is the highest rated in North and South America, no?

60 special
10-13-04, 11:22 AM
Now that you remind me, every 3 to 4,000 miles I was losing a quart of oil. I thought I had a serious problem. The service director told me that Cadillac believed that this loss of oil was acceptable. Now I check my oil more frequently. I don't think I'll look at the new STS for a year or two. I don't believe in buying the first year's production of a car. Look at the first CTS's. They threw rods and had to have the engines replaced. Cadillac covered them under warranty and found the problem, but I would have been disappointed.