: UPDATE: 2011 SRX Turbo Transmission TC Reprogram..

coolbeans
04-10-11, 05:59 PM
Hi All,
Well after waiting for the new oil pan, and the gaskets for the turbo pipe,etc.,(all the things that must be removed in order to replace the oil pan on turbo engines), and then waiting on the foul weather, I was finally able to retrieve the srx! I will say that this new reprogram really is the bomb!! Now, at stop n go traffic my srx does not lag at all while accelerating at casual throttle anymore...in fact, when one rolls into the throttle on freeway on-ramps, I have a much better turbo response, and what seems a bit more growl from the engine, and a decent increase of "seat of the pants" feel, plus the passing acceleration seems to be improved as well...no more fall on it's face between 1st and second, it just goes! Of course, there is no more oil drip..you could see on the origional pan there was a "bubble" that split, allowing oil to seep out, while in time it was expanding and would have eventually split the pan...I'm very happy to be obsessed enough to check on that stuff!!

Smokin' SRX
04-12-11, 12:20 PM
good news . A good Dealer isn't expensive, he's priceless.

I'm going in for service soon and will ask if the Tranny re-program can be done to my non-turbo, 2010. I had an '08 Enclave done by Buick, and it made a nice difference. MPG may have just slightly decreased...didn't care.

SS

coolbeans
04-12-11, 12:29 PM
Very true!
As far as mileage, yeah I'd prefer it to be the same or better, but the car sure is running great, so like you, I am not going to lose sleep over it...I havn't tried ECO mode yet..first vacation trip that comes up, we'll be trying it then.

Razorecko
04-12-11, 04:12 PM
I'm pissed. I have a 2010 turbo with those lag issues and can't figure out why they came out with a new program for the 2011 and not the 2010 ?? Its usually first year of production & up

coolbeans
04-12-11, 04:18 PM
Personally, I don't see why it wouldn't work for yours..try a call to your service mgr..who knows?? It can't hurt!

stevec5375
04-12-11, 06:28 PM
I'm pissed. I have a 2010 turbo with those lag issues and can't figure out why they came out with a new program for the 2011 and not the 2010 ?? Its usually first year of production & up

Would you please let us know if you are able to get the transmission reprogrammed successfully? If not, what were the reason(s) given?

Razorecko
04-12-11, 08:29 PM
yea no pro ^

mjv53
04-14-11, 03:52 PM
I to have a 2010 turbo ask my dealer to check on this, says does not aply to my car only 2011, as it is the same powertrain I asked if it could be done as the car is in his hands for other problems and told does not apply to this vehicle!

coolbeans
04-14-11, 04:06 PM
Well, that sucks..I went ahead and called my service mgr. and left a message asking him if he knows of a program that may be coming for the 2010's .

Razorecko
04-14-11, 05:59 PM
I'll have to do the same. Its pretty ridiculous since we all know that the 2010's have the same identical issue. We have the power but its only there from a stop if we slam the gas to the floor. Should be unnecessary with 300tq

zinner
04-19-11, 03:30 PM
I drive my 2010 SRX 2.8T in sport mode all the time. I don't notice any problems.

Also I have investigated HPtuners with our Turbo models and HPtuners said that the 2.8T has up to 5 PCM's so it's quite possible the 2010 and 2011 have different computers and programs.

wag 42
04-20-11, 08:56 AM
So, is there a TSB for this?

Razorecko
04-20-11, 10:32 AM
I drive my 2010 SRX 2.8T in sport mode all the time. I don't notice any problems.

Also I have investigated HPtuners with our Turbo models and HPtuners said that the 2.8T has up to 5 PCM's so it's quite possible the 2010 and 2011 have different computers and programs.

Sport mode fixes it except the problem is that the downshifting is a little too abrupt in sport mode. Hell the downshift is crisper than the upshift