: Couple of Pulley questions opinions welcomed!

Bookinctsv
04-10-11, 12:16 PM
Ok i am seriously contemplating on wether or not to get the lower pulley kit done along with a full exhaust, CAI, and a TUNE i already have the AIRAID CAI and corsa mufflers. Now for the full exhaust from kooks and and a custom tune from diablosport and maybe "pulley". For all guys that have pulleys or knowledge of which is the most efficient, wether it be D3 9.5" or any of the others 9.55" pulleys please let me know your opinions on them ? And if i were to go with the D3 9.5" pulley do i really need the fuel injectors as it says on the discription. Please let me know your thoughts and or any other bolt on's i should consider i should do to it

shade
04-10-11, 12:39 PM
Do not need injectors if you are just going with a 9.55 lower, the stockers will be fine. If in the future you plan to go more power then you might as well take the dive.
As far as which lower to go with....
Not sure on your efficiency question, the same size pulleys will yield the same amount of boost. I think the D3 may be the lighter one though, but its also very expensive

Up to you. Many run the D3 and many run the Metco(which other vendors sell such as W4M). There is a difference in cost between the two.
Also its best to do a dyno tune vs mail order. Jesse's (W4Me) mail orders seem to be very close from what I have read.

Bookinctsv
04-10-11, 01:03 PM
how much is jesse's pulley? $

shade
04-10-11, 02:16 PM
Not sure youd have to ask

Somefun
04-10-11, 04:27 PM
Just buy it from D3 cuz you'll never get intouch with Jess I have tried now for three weeks to but the 10".... Can't get him on the phone or thru e mail.

baabootoo
04-10-11, 05:19 PM
Well Cuz, I'm stickin with the 9" lower, and saving on the extra pulley. I don't need to have some big HP number as a badge. I don't have many people that can run me down now on the straightaways with the road courses I'm on.

Bookinctsv
04-11-11, 10:08 AM
So im guessing jesse is very busy and wont be able to answer the email i sent him

Domsz06
04-11-11, 10:38 AM
personally I'd get injectors if you get the 9.55 Your at sea level and a lot of these people are not. I am at sea level as well and well..... huge debates and what not. injectors are cheap insurance compared to the price of your new engine when you blow it from running to lean....

Just saying. You already bought some nice rims, go ahead and get the cash. Personally the only tuner I have seen run stockers consitently with the 9.55 is jesse. So if you don't wanna do injectors make sure you get your tune from jesse or your tuner knows darn good and well what he/she is doing.....

oh yeah, a pulley is apulley. If you like d3's get it, if you like inovator's west get that one. Paschal performance on here sells both sets and gives a good price.

LitiGATOR
04-11-11, 01:58 PM
Brandon:

Good seeing you on Friday night. As I told you, I've got Jessie's 9.5" lower pulley and it's working great.

Bookinctsv
04-16-11, 01:09 AM
Litigator nice seeing you also man i got some ideas for the V.... Might be taking your adivice and going for a big step up with my V.... Like 10" pulley big hahaha can't wait man gunna be sickk!

dons
04-16-11, 07:54 AM
Ok i am seriously contemplating on wether or not to get the lower pulley kit done along with a full exhaust, CAI, and a TUNE i already have the AIRAID CAI and corsa mufflers. Now for the full exhaust from kooks and and a custom tune from diablosport and maybe "pulley". For all guys that have pulleys or knowledge of which is the most efficient, wether it be D3 9.5" or any of the others 9.55" pulleys please let me know your opinions on them ? And if i were to go with the D3 9.5" pulley do i really need the fuel injectors as it says on the discription. Please let me know your thoughts and or any other bolt on's i should consider i should do to it

I run the Metco 9.5 lower pulley set up and utilize 60 lb. injectors. Opening up the exhaust certainly is something that should go with the package. I run stock header manifolds but installed a custon 3 inch stainless steel (no cats) back to magnafow mufflers with 4 in tips. The power is awsome as well as the sound. Good luck on your choices. DonS

wait4me
04-16-11, 08:25 AM
Just buy it from D3 cuz you'll never get intouch with Jess I have tried now for three weeks to but the 10".... Can't get him on the phone or thru e mail.

Are you sure you are calling the right number???

DrumStix
04-16-11, 06:08 PM
A 9.5 with your mods will be a good addition. Your stock injectors will be ok but the safe bet as Dom said would be to do them now since the margin of error will be greatly diminished.
There are much better values on injectors that D3 offers, just so you know while you are shipping. I would look towards LPE for a kit with top notch customer service.