: finally!

outsider
04-10-11, 12:10 PM
I finally got my 87 out of storage! She started right up. A few small drips of coolant (from heater core) and tranny fluid and that's all she dripped! Started right up, ran great, drove the whole way home with no problems. yay :D:yup:

thefleetwoodguy
04-10-11, 04:14 PM
I leak more fluid then that over a winter! lol
my hemi rr always oozed a bit of trans fluid and a little motor oil
over the winter, but it would stop after being driven about 50 miles
figure them original seals get pretty dry
glad to see its getting nice up there too
today was perfect!!

jayoldschool
04-10-11, 06:19 PM
That time of year! I got my SS out yesterday. So good to be back. The classics come out next weekend...

outsider
04-10-11, 08:35 PM
Yeah...I really missed my black caddy and I'm so happy to have it back. Even happier to see so little leakage and to hear it fire up first try was amazing. :D

brougham
04-11-11, 01:35 AM
Mine's stuck at the back of a warehouse for another month. Another one is buried in my garage. Hopefully it'll be out soon.

mjs182004
04-11-11, 02:04 AM
I leak more fluid then that over a winter! lol
my hemi rr always oozed a bit of trans fluid and a little motor oil
over the winter, but it would stop after being driven about 50 miles
figure them original seals get pretty dry
glad to see its getting nice up there too
today was perfect!!

I'm jealous!

turbojimmy
04-11-11, 08:42 AM
For some reason, a lot of cars we've had with Turbohydromatic transmissions puked out all of their transmission fluid over the winter. My dad's '80 Vette does it all the time, my GTO would do it, the GN would do it, my brother's LeMans Sport would do it. Top it off and drive it and it would be okay. Weird.

On Saturday, I fired up the Trans Am, unearthed both motorcycles (my Nighthawk and my GF's Thunderbird) from the clutter in the garage, got the minibike and go kart going after their winter naps, and generally reminded the neighbors why they hate me so much.

jcolliga40
04-11-11, 09:42 AM
Well I'm still waiting on the motor for mine but I did start the old.motor up and it still sounds good but blows white smoke to such a level I can only run it for a min and the whole neighborhood fills with smoke