: I Have a DREAM !

Subsailor613
04-09-11, 02:32 PM
My Cadillac STS V8 RWD,is my First GM car in my lifetime, I have always been a
Ford Product fan, Mustangs to Lincolns.This Cad is a "GREAT" car. Thankful.
I am dreaming of a STS RWD V8 Cadillac, with "ALL" the bells and whistles.
Meaning, the normal everything I presently have but: In a V8 2008 STS RWD,
would also like the Lane Departure, and Blind Spot, HUD, Probably NAV.
Sun Roof, etc. Question is: Are these options available in a V8 RWD ?
Everything I have, checked on , are available in a STS-4 and V6's !
and STS-V,But nothing in a V8, RWD.
Your knowledge is appreciated, here !

I am keeping it a 2008 as it is coming in my price range,next year.
I Have NEVER owned a 6 Cylinder in my life.

EChas3
04-09-11, 02:54 PM
They were still making 1SG's in 2010, but not many. I don't think the '09's had Blind Spot. GM built no higher than STS 1SC trim levels in 2011.

chazglenn3
04-09-11, 03:21 PM
You can certainly find a 2008 STS RWD 1SG N* with ACC/HUD as I looked at one near me recently and it was a beauty! Sold for around $30K with low miles.

chazglenn3
04-10-11, 02:38 PM
Found another one near me...sure wish I could spend $30K on one of these right now...fully loaded V8 1SG car with ACC/HUD...

http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/ctd/2316078647.html

malatu
04-10-11, 03:28 PM
I have hud in my other daily driver. Quite novel at first.... .. Now, I could care less about it. If it failed .... I wouldn't miss it a bit.

EChas3
04-10-11, 06:01 PM
I like the HUD for the Navigation features. I can even use the Nav with something else on the screen!

I don't care much for 'turn by turn audio' unless conditions are bad. In addition, it's required for ACC, and I love that.

malatu
04-10-11, 09:28 PM
I like the HUD for the Navigation features. I can even use the Nav with something else on the screen!

I don't care much for 'turn by turn audio' unless conditions are bad. In addition, it's required for ACC, and I love that.

I didn't know the HUD also had Nav features. The HUD on my Bonneville only has speed and radio station. I could see where having NAV features would be convenient. What features of the nav are included on the HUD screen?

ddalder
04-10-11, 09:59 PM
I didn't know the HUD also had Nav features. The HUD on my Bonneville only has speed and radio station. I could see where having NAV features would be convenient. What features of the nav are included on the HUD screen?
I have HUD in my '04 Bonneville and my STS. They are worlds apart. The STS is a four colour display, MUCH brighter, pixel based display so all lettering is crisp and clean, easier to read and provides much better and more information. The navigation information is quite useful as well. It will display arrows for the direction of your next turn, along with a bar graph that decreases as you get closer to your turn. It's VERY nice!

ddalder
04-10-11, 10:04 PM
They were still making 1SG's in 2010, but not many. I don't think the '09's had Blind Spot. GM built no higher than STS 1SC trim levels in 2011.
Side Blind Zone Alert (RPO: UFT) was available starting in 2008. It's part of the Driver Awareness Package (RPO: Y53) which also includes Head-Up Display (RPO: UV6) and Lane Departure Warning (RPO: UFL). I have this option package in my car.

chazglenn3
04-10-11, 10:38 PM
I found another HUD feature the other day...when you put the shifter in the manual mode, the HUD displays a tach and the gear you are in. Very cool!

PETE314
04-11-11, 09:58 AM
Also when in ACC the HUD will show you the Gap spacing you have set. It will also flash the crash warning if someone cuts you off or if you get to close to someone (like if the car in front of you is turning right off the road and you are deciding to drive right past them.....it doesn't like that...lol)

1BadCadSTS
04-11-11, 10:42 AM
Found another one near me...sure wish I could spend $30K on one of these right now...fully loaded V8 1SG car with ACC/HUD...

http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/ctd/2316078647.html

Thats a Platinum, chrome trim strip on the door panel and olive ash wood give it away.

EDIT

Compnine confirms it,
W21 APPEARANCE PACKAGE CADILLAC PLATINUM EDITION CADILLAC PLATINUM EDITION(W21)

chazglenn3
04-11-11, 02:09 PM
So, a Platinum 1SG N* with ACC/HUD, blind spot and lane departure warning must be the Holy Grail then? I might have to go look at it...not that I can buy it.

EChas3
04-11-11, 11:08 PM
I didn't think Platinum could have ACC; certainly not before 2008. It is hard to see if the radardome is in the grille. The seller does not claim ACC.

chazglenn3
04-11-11, 11:56 PM
The VIN decoder is where I gleaned that information. This is one nice car!

Midnight
04-12-11, 09:41 AM
I have hud in my other daily driver. Quite novel at first.... .. Now, I could care less about it. If it failed .... I wouldn't miss it a bit.

I'm the opposite. It's great being able to watch my speed without having to look away. Only downside for me is polarized glasses make it hard to read (unless you tilt your head a little, lol).

Besides speed, it shows upcoming turns, manual mode transmission/tach as was said above (I almost never do manual mode, but they get points for trying), climate control settings (when you change it), ACC gap info, when a check engine gauge comes on it says "check gauges". Someone said they could see their radio volume but mine doesn't do that (wish it did, I hate not having a "reference" for my volume). It also shows CD tracks when they change or you use the controls. Don't know if it also shows XM/AM/FM settings. Usually I have my iphone in the Aux input, which it does nothing for since it's just an audio input with no controls. However, mount the iphone/ipod a bit between the 2 CD slots and it's a pretty slick setup for an 05 at least.

That being said, my wife (who has driven the car like twice, I think she's afraid of it, which is fine because the car is afraid of her too) didn't care for it, said it made her feel nauseous. To each their own.

chazglenn3
04-12-11, 11:21 AM
No, the HUD doesn't show a volume slider...that would be nice. It does show AM/FM/XM info. And the CHECK GAGES (Cadillac spelling LOL) shows anytime a warning is displayed...not just the service engine soon light. I have seen mine when I had a faulty tire pressure monitor sensor. I even think it was on when I had a low fuel warning but I'm not sure. It's only been on once since I usually never let my tank get below 1/4 full.