: Fuel

majax
10-07-04, 03:08 PM
So whats goin on with this whole gasoline thing here? I mean lets say I went out and bought a brand new 2005 STS(wish I could) and I barely drove it over the next ten years. Well in 10 years will our cars even run off of gasoline? Also why is cadillac making their cars less fuel efficient than they use to be? I mean the Northstar use to be about 18/27 now on the STS it's 17/26. Why such a drop(yeah they added hp but only 20), kinda confuses me, having a fuel efficient car saves a lot of time(at the gas station, less trips) and is cheaper(not that that matters with a cadi to much). Do you think we will be goin off gas for a while now? My dad bet me that when I am 50 we will still be using gas but our cars will be majorly efficient.

Mainly my question is, are we going to be using gas to fuel our cars in 10-15 years?

juiceE
10-07-04, 03:19 PM
depends on whos running the new world order

Stoneage_Caddy
10-07-04, 04:24 PM
we will be useing gasoline untill every last drop of oil and fossil fuel has been pumped from the earth , big oil companys and our goverment wont let anything else come to light .....

T_Dogg8
10-07-04, 04:43 PM
we will be useing gasoline untill every last drop of oil and fossil fuel has been pumped from the earth , big oil companys and our goverment wont let anything else come to light .....
agreed.

majax
10-07-04, 06:03 PM
Then in those last few days with gasoline left companies will be spending billions and billions of dollars on producing a alternative to oil.

majax
10-07-04, 06:03 PM

you sayin there will be a world government?

JohnnyO
10-07-04, 10:48 PM

That would be George Soros and he gives all his money to the Dems, so there you go. The U.N., the Bilderburgers, the CFR, the Tri-Lateral Commission, I got 'em all.
Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you. :gungrin:

Stoneage_Caddy
10-07-04, 10:55 PM
Then in those last few days with gasoline left companies will be spending billions and billions of dollars on producing a alternative to oil.

no , the oil companys are ready , as soon as we run out of oil they will bring to market what has been sitting in a deep dark room since the late 1950s , some items from the mid 60s and one very good one from the late 70s/early 80s ....all i can say is one of these bailed out chrysler to the point they could afford to build the K car ...remeber the government bailing chrysler out ?well thats partly true.....This is one item however we will never see :hide:

Dead Sled
10-07-04, 11:40 PM
no , the oil companys are ready , as soon as we run out of oil they will bring to market what has been sitting in a deep dark room since the late 1950s , some items from the mid 60s and one very good one from the late 70s/early 80s ....all i can say is one of these bailed out chrysler to the point they could afford to build the K car ...remeber the government bailing chrysler out ?well thats partly true.....This is one item however we will never see :hide:

I was about to bring up teh chrysler isse but ya beat me to it :canttalk:

Stoneage_Caddy
10-08-04, 12:01 AM
i guess im not the only one thats heard of what happend .....i was told by someone very close to the operation who retired before it all went down , unforetunatly he is no longer with us (old age)

majax
10-08-04, 12:20 AM
So in the early 80's Chrysler was going bankrupt and the U.S. Government bailed them out? When did Mercedes buy them?

Dead Sled
10-08-04, 12:37 AM
well Chrysler had invented a supersecret engine that was not beneficial to the oil industry. Chrysler was in hard time at that poin and sold the patent to a big oil company and with that money and some from the gov the K car was born and that brought chrysler back into the big three then in a great disapointment to me they merged with Diamler Benz to form Diamler Chrysler in which all the chrysler products were germanized in 94 or 95 i think

Stoneage_Caddy
10-08-04, 12:54 AM
yah , bob lutz took over in the late 80s/early 90s(works for GM now) , at the same time the viper was a concept , lutz gave it the green light and then engineered another comeback starting with the 1993 dodge intrepid then the jeep grand cherokee, the ram, then the neon, and caravan ...they did very well after those products..in the late 90s there was a merger which was acutally a buyout of chrysler by mercedes (still ongoing legal issues here) , the first joint project by the two was a 5 speed tranny to be built in kokamo indiana, the first car togther was the crossfire , then the dodge/freightliner sprinter (rebaged benz sprinter van) and now the magnum/300/charger which come off the old e class chassis , next on the list i hear is a replacemnt of the neon

hopefulyl sandy will stop in and clean my history up a little more , memeorys getting foggy

edit for fyi : from the dodge monaco all the way to the present outgoing interpid are acutally more french than german , the monoco was a rebaged renault midsize car , the interpid's drivetrain was loosely based off the french design ie: narrow angle v6 mounted longituidaly driveing the front wheels ....even the monaco is interesting , if chryser hadnt have bought AMC in the early 80s to get the jeep name they wouldnt have had acess to the renualt/eagle premier to steal the drivetrain design ...turns out chrsler is just as guilty for stealing designs as the people they accuse (hummer and china's cherry motors)

majax
10-08-04, 02:47 AM
well Chrysler had invented a supersecret engine that was not beneficial to the oil industry. Chrysler was in hard time at that poin and sold the patent to a big oil company and with that money and some from the gov the K car was born and that brought chrysler back into the big three then in a great disapointment to me they merged with Diamler Benz to form Diamler Chrysler in which all the chrysler products were germanized in 94 or 95 i think

This is crazy stuff, goodness! Does GM have anything? and where can I get more on that chrysler engine?

Stoney-Bob Lutz is doing a great job at GM right now.

juiceE
10-08-04, 12:32 PM
we will be useing gasoline untill every last drop of oil and fossil fuel has been pumped from the earth ...

THAT WILL NOT HAPPEN... THE EARTH IS REPLENISHING ITS OILS SUPLIES

Dead Sled
10-08-04, 01:53 PM
http://www.fortunecity.com/greenfield/bp/16/supcarb3.html

T_Dogg8
10-08-04, 04:19 PM
how?? i thought fossil fuels weren't able to replenish itself. :hmm:

Dead Sled
10-08-04, 04:39 PM
they had to have come from somewhere, its just a slow process

majax
10-08-04, 04:46 PM

yeah they do replenish and actually quite a large amount is added a year but still we use more than what is replenished. Oil and Natural gas come from dead stuff in the ground over thousands of years and it builds up decays and all and makes oil pretty much way under ground.

I will try and read more of that web page Dead-Sled later, thanks
quite long

davesdeville
10-08-04, 04:52 PM

Not at the rate we're pumping it out.

majax
10-08-04, 04:56 PM
Exactly,

but if we improve our amount of oil consumed we could match up with how much is replenished.

Stoneage_Caddy
10-08-04, 08:40 PM
yup it sure is replenishing itself , and like a couple others said the rate of replenishment is slower than out rate of consumption

it would be like trying to fill the bonneville salt flats back into a lake again , with a 5 gallon bucket , its gone or not engough is there to make any kind of diffrence by the time you come back with another bucketful ...

To you and I the common man that earns under 100 million a year the supply WILL BE GONE....it would take 20 grand (todays money) to fill your tank

remeber the current oil reserves had a 100 million year head start on us , and within 100 years of pumping away we see a problem .....

not to mention the fact that there is significantly less decaying matter going into to process , trees are harveasted , vegitiation is burned . Basicly if its not used its burned or sealed in a box..makeing it hard for the matter to decay underground to be useful for our decendents..then again i dont think id like to be gasoline for a brand new for the year 3187 Chevy Corvette

ben72227
10-08-04, 09:16 PM
I'm sure than within this century, probably within the next 50 years, we will have a major alternative energy source (maybe hydrogen, possibly even water) besides gasoline. I think that gasoline will still be around, but that we will just have something else. I could be wrong though. ;) But, i think that if they can find something cheaper or more efficient than gasoline, it will probably replace gasoline.

majax
10-09-04, 04:48 AM
Actually the main issue of converting is that you have to change over from gas to the new fuel. You can't just rip out gas stations one day and put in hydrogen stations. You can't expect everyone to go out and buy a brand new car that runs on hydrogen or something.

Stoney-putting $20,000 of gas in my $55,000(when was new) Cadillac, aint to hard to grasp ;) if it all comes to that I wonder if you can Lease gas?

ben72227
10-09-04, 04:25 PM
You can't expect everyone to go out and buy a brand new car that runs on hydrogen or something.

Exactly what i was saying. They will have to have both at the same time. Gas stations will become "fuel stations" and you can select between gas, biodiesel, hydrogen, etc. kinda like how now you can select between different octanes of gas, but in the future it will be different forms of fuel.

Imagine when our cars will be able to run off of water. Now that will be cool. It will probably be a couple of centuries though before they are able to make breaking down the water atoms (into oxygen and hydrogen (H2O), which are both flamable) cost effective....

majax
10-09-04, 06:54 PM
Definatley wont take a few centuries, probably 15 years. The only issue to your idea is when buying a car you have to deiced what fuel you want it to be propelled by. Unless they just stoped makeing gas cars one day and just make water powered ones or something