: Rear Licence Plate Frame.

ddalder
04-09-11, 01:28 AM
I'm looking for some recommendations/sources where I can find a frame. I would like something chrome with conservative styling. Everything I've seen online is pretty much cheap junk that I'm not interested in. I don't want something with a bunch of advertising on it. My car already says Cadillac, I don't want it on my frame as well. I don't mind spending $30-$40 but I want something nice. Doesn't anyone make a decent quality frame? I've had no luck at local stores either.

Does anyone know of a specialty shop/store (online or otherwise) that sells good quality accessories like this?

KRSTS
04-09-11, 08:59 AM
I found a stainless one on ebay with a laser etched STS on it. Very understated and classy looking IMHO.:eek:

BaTu
04-09-11, 10:04 AM
I bought mine from Griot's Garage. Solid, chrome, plain, very nice!

ddalder
04-09-11, 01:14 PM
Thanks guys. I appreciate the suggestions.

RippyPartsDept
04-09-11, 02:29 PM
try searching Amazon.com for EuroSport Daytona - they have an amazon store so if you can find one of their products via search you can then click on their name to go to their store and use the left side navigation to filter down to the type of part you are looking for

they have tons of options

ddalder
04-09-11, 10:32 PM
try searching Amazon.com for EuroSport Daytona - they have an amazon store so if you can find one of their products via search you can then click on their name to go to their store and use the left side navigation to filter down to the type of part you are looking for

they have tons of options
Hey Chris, Thanks. I'll have a look there too.

mjs182004
04-10-11, 11:13 AM
I just got plain smoked covers for mine. I think plain ones look the best.

EChas3
04-10-11, 07:12 PM
You should know that any cover over the license plate increases your chance oif getting stopped by LEO's. Most won't write you up, but ever since the invention of photo & laser proofed plate covers, most states have passed laws against them.

I'm not saying not to do it, but do so with your eyes open.

ddalder
04-10-11, 10:50 PM
I definitely want something fairly plain. Covers aren't illegal here unless they obscure the plate somehow. My issue with covers though, it's one more place water and/or dirt can collect and require disassembly to clean properly.

ddalder
07-01-11, 08:44 PM
So I purchased a licence plate frame for both my vehicles from Griot's Garage. Nothing fancy, just a simple polished frame with a perfectly clear piece of plastic to protect the plate. It was recently brought to my attention that this is illegal here. Not only can I not have the clear protective plastic (even though it isn't tinted, nor does it have any optical distortion effects), even a frame is against the law because it obscures the border of the plate. The month and year expiry stickers are pefectly visible, but it appears this doesn't matter. Thinkin' I'll take my chances on getting a ticket. This doesn't seem to be well enforced since at least half the vehicles on the road here don't comply.

EChas3
07-02-11, 11:56 AM
The only problem with such decisions is that there are LEO's with quotas. Usually when you're expected at your destination on time. Why give them a reason to stop you?

I prefer a low profile.

ddalder
07-02-11, 01:15 PM
I prefer to maintain a low profile also. There are so many vehicles that are illegal here already, I'm probably a pretty low priority. For example, we aren't allowed any tint at all on the driver or passenger front door glass. Countless vehicles here are tinted. I see a lot of vehicles with front turn signals that are blue, purple or some other odd colour. We're only allowed amber or white forward facing lights. There is the tinted tail lights or headlights. A definite violation here. A fair number of those here too. Then of course there's the licence plate frames/covers, seatbelts, and the list goes on. Now they're talking about sound level monitoring and putting a by-law in effect for vehicles over a specific dB level. There are so many laws here they already don't have the manpower to enforce it's ridiculous. I'm a very tame driver so I'm a low priority target (not that your point isn't well taken). I'd have to guess that the majority of our speed traps are photo radar so I'd need to catch the attention of an officer in some other way before I'd likely be pulled over.