: official new owner of a --V--

lupers3
04-08-11, 04:25 PM
Hello everybody. I haven't been a member of this forum for very long but all you guys/girls have helped me into finding the car I am in today. I just picked up a 2005 Blk CTS-V last night. My wife and I love it. As soon as I detail the car ill post some pictures. Thanks

The cars I had before this one:
03 Evolution 8
85 db C10 truck
01 ML430

rlj5
04-08-11, 05:22 PM
Congrats on the new V........ & Welcome the the forum
There is no doubt you will love the car
and it is beautiful for at least 5 minutes at a time........... I swear you guys with the black V's just have to love to clean

Owned 2 black cars in my life & they were both a 1979 trans am ........"1st & last"
I swear I could spend 2 hrs cleaning & polishing. Stand there admiring how beautiful it was, walk in the house, come out & I'd have sworn somebody switch my car for a dirty one

But... when it's clean & polished up, There is nothing more beautiful than black

JimmyH
04-08-11, 05:59 PM
welcome to the forum and the V

:welcome:

lupers3
04-10-11, 09:05 PM
The funny thing is that all of the cars that I've owned have been black. And I always swear that i'll never get another one in black. Oh well. Looks so good when cleaned.

JimmyH
04-10-11, 09:11 PM
any car looks gorgeous in black. even ugly cars look better in black.

the problem is you have to polish it every week. I had one black car, for two years. I detailed that car more than all the other cars I have owned combined.

dre2013
04-12-11, 12:38 PM
congrats on your purchase. and i will never buy another black car until i have a garage to put it in. i hate my V lookin horrible even though i literally wash it every two days.

cvettr/cts-v
04-12-11, 06:28 PM
Congrats on the purchase you'll love it.

EdmundGTP
04-12-11, 07:20 PM
congrats on your purchase. and i will never buy another black car until i have a garage to put it in. i hate my V lookin horrible even though i literally wash it every two days.

Get a car duster, and an outdoor car cover. As long as it stays dry, dust the car off after every day of driving it and before putting the cover over it. As long as your car isn't covered in dust when it rains or when water hits it, it wont get nearly as dirty. Definitely DO NOT cheap out on the cover though.

JimmyH
04-12-11, 08:03 PM
Someone out there sells device you mount in the trunk that rolls the car cover up for you. For those who frequently cover and uncover the car.

Mystical_Ice
04-12-11, 10:38 PM
curious - does the car have slotted/cross-drilled rotors?
does it have an ipod hookup in it?

i sold my 2005 black V a month or so ago, and i'm waiting for someone here to show up with it...

JimmyH
04-13-11, 12:28 PM
that's a long shot. There's close to 10000 V1s? And only a few hundred guys in this forum.

Mystical_Ice
04-13-11, 02:23 PM
There are less than 1000 black 2005 CTS-Vs in the world probably less than 800 in this country, since a good 15% of them have been wrecked or exported to saudi arabia, etc.- i don't think it's expecting too much when i just trade my car in, to see the owner come and post here... so when i see someone say "just bought a 2005 black cts-v!", there's a fairly good chance...

EdmundGTP
04-13-11, 04:19 PM
There are less than 1000 black 2005 CTS-Vs in the world probably less than 800 in this country, since a good 15% of them have been wrecked or exported to saudi arabia, etc.- i don't think it's expecting too much when i just trade my car in, to see the owner come and post here... so when i see someone say "just bought a 2005 black cts-v!", there's a fairly good chance...

Yeah.. Compared to pretty much every other make/model of car, I'd say ours have probably the best odds of turning back up on the boards here with a new owner after a sale or trade-in.

Mystical_Ice
04-13-11, 07:12 PM
Also i've found the people that are buying these cars used, are generally enthusiasts... not rich businessmen who just want the "fastest, highest end cadillac available" (as most of these cars were sold to brand new)

the enthusiasts are more likely to register on forums :)

rand49er
04-13-11, 09:51 PM
Welcome!

Black is the best color, IMHO ... but only for a few minutes.

RippyPartsDept
04-13-11, 09:56 PM
pics or it didn't happen

:) :welcome5:

but seriously... pics!

tkrn
04-13-11, 10:11 PM
I just bought a CTS-V 2005 Black with Shale Grey/Tan interior. I didn't have it a month before some one backed into it! I WAS LIVID! ROYALLY PISSED OFF! Anyways, it is being fixed at a certified Mercedes-Benz Body Repair Shop, so I know it is getting done right at not at any cost of my own.

I'll get some pictures posted once I get the car back in one or two weeks.

Mystical_Ice
04-14-11, 02:08 PM
Been there done that. Try having a 4" wide tree branch fall onto the hood and fenders of the car WHILE DRIVING.... y eah...