: Problem with car and dealership

kcrnmale
04-08-11, 04:07 PM
My wife and I bought a 2011 CTS Premium with 2k miles with known intermittent starting problems. GM voluntarily bought back the vehicle from the original owner and resold the car to us at a caddy dealership. There was only two service records showing the car wouldn't start and the dealership had replaced the starter twice. The car came with full disclosure and the remaining new car warranty.

The car was resold without fixing the issue which we are currently experiencing. Always starts first thing in the morning but after running several errands, the car will have a no crank/no start episode...leaving us stranded. After 30 mins to a few hours, the car starts right up. The car is otherwise awesome.

Our local dealership replaced the battery but the problem still persists. The second time we brought the car back, they did nothing because they can't reproduce the starting issue. They even inferred to my wife that perhaps we didn't know how to properly start the car which is laughable because we traded in our 09 CTS.

I know this is a tough problem to solve because it happens intermittently, but giving us back the car and doing nothing is unacceptable. We have a second car to drive, so the dealer can keep and drive our car to solve the issue. I personally think I have a bad ignition switch.

I emailed Cadillac with my problem on the Cadillac website, but haven't received a reply or phone call. How long does it take the customer service dept to respond to a complaint?

Cadillac Cust Svc
04-21-11, 11:59 AM
It is normal business rules for our Customer Assistance team to respond within 2 business days. If you would like I could also setup a case for you with our Customer Assistance team to see if this would get the ball rolling in that way. I hope that we are able to assist you with this issue and are finally able to get the vehicle up and running reliably as it should be. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Jeff Morris, Cadilla Customer Service

kcrnmale
05-07-11, 09:25 PM
Hi Jeff:
My wife called Customer Assistance during another no start episode at the advice of the Onstar rep. The dealer and Cadillac have been responsive to the problem and I hope it's fixed.