: Think your interior is dirty? Check this out.

The Tony Show
04-08-11, 03:44 PM
Guy had a firewall leak in his Audi, and left it parked for 4 months. Take a gander at this thread made by the guy hired to clean it out.

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa44/highrev1/Audi/DSC_0562.jpg

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=766671

:eek:

I don't know what's more amazing- the state of the car after 4 months, or the amazing job the detailer did saving it. Either way, I'd never drive it again. My lungs are clenching up just looking at the pics and thinking about breathing that crap in.

OffThaHorseCEO
04-08-11, 04:03 PM
daaaang, thats crazy

Rolex
04-08-11, 04:21 PM
Enzymatic mold cleaner....who'da thunk it? The whole time I was looking at the pics I was thinking "kill it with fire!" Those molds release nasty mycotoxins that can be bad for your health. Even with a good cleaning I wouldn't want to be inside that car. :ack:

Jesda
04-08-11, 06:33 PM
I wonder if the speakers were ruined? And the ventilation ducts!

gdwriter
04-08-11, 06:55 PM
From the before pictures, it's clear the owner is a slob. I'm surprised he even bothered to have it cleaned.

thebigjimsho
04-08-11, 09:15 PM
Mold makes pretty rainbow colors...

Aron9000
04-09-11, 03:34 AM
From the before pictures, it's clear the owner is a slob. I'm surprised he even bothered to have it cleaned.

Agreed . . . .

Although I'd sell it after that, looks great now doesn't it. Just don't tell the future owner about all the mold growing in the a/c ducts, under the carpet, and everywhere. I wonder if the detailer took the seats out?

ga_etc
04-09-11, 04:37 AM
It's probably still behind the dash too. To be throughly cleaned he would have had to remove the entire interior (dash, seats, carpet, headliner...) and soak everything with the enzyme mold killer.

And who parks a car for 4 months, knowing it has a firewall leak, and doesn't go out to check on the car and make sure that shit doesn't happen?

Sevillian273
04-09-11, 08:17 AM
I cant believe that could happen after only 4 months. I've never seen anything like that down here even in a tropical climate with HUGE bugs. I've had cars sit much longer with nothing more than spiderwebs and dead batteries!

OffThaHorseCEO
04-09-11, 12:13 PM
dont know if it helped but he hit all the ac vents with steam.

he also provided a dehumidifier for the customer and told him to leave it running for a couple of weeks. Drew a quart of liquid the first day

orconn
04-09-11, 01:30 PM
Looks more like that car was flood damaged than it had some kind of "firewall leak." Something else was goimg on there.

Jesda
04-09-11, 05:09 PM
That's the great thing about a convertible or a Seville -- the lack of an air-tight cabin means it will never get that bad. :)

The-Dullahan
04-09-11, 05:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75uhJ4gY5Eg

Aron9000
04-09-11, 09:48 PM
:nono::nono::nono::nono::nono:

Did the driver survive?

Destroyer
04-11-11, 10:40 PM
dont know if it helped but he hit all the ac vents with steam.

he also provided a dehumidifier for the customer and told him to leave it running for a couple of weeks. Drew a quart of liquid the first dayI'm not buying the 4 months thing either. 4 years with it sitting outside with the sunroof open? Yeah but not this. Eons ago I detailed cars and I never saw anything like this. I would not have taken anything less than $1k to do this. Like someone else mentioned, the mold is in the dash and I guarantee the "smell" will still linger on. :yup:

Destroyer
04-11-11, 10:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75uhJ4gY5EgGood lord! I thought the Audi was bad......................:cookoo:

Nutz
04-11-11, 11:40 PM
That mold thing is common in the boating world and almost always requires a complete tearout and replacement of all toxic surfaces. That car is probably 10 times as toxic as Formaldehyde.

MauiV
04-12-11, 02:16 AM
In the deer video Im trying to figure out how the drivers seat is covered with blood if the driver was sitting in it?