: Changing to metric readings

bg1811
04-08-11, 10:44 AM
In anticipating a trip into Canada, I changed my readings to metric. The MPH on the speedometer didn't change to KPH. I would assume it would, do I need to get this checked out or doesn't it change? The mpg etc changed to metric readings.

sube5186
04-08-11, 02:52 PM
There are two speedometer readings; the analogue dial and the digital readout in the DIC. Which one are you referring to? The analogue dial can't change, since that would require the dial to be swapped out for one with "KPH" and a different calibration. I assume you're talking about the digital readout.

Sube

TheCaptain
04-08-11, 08:08 PM
The analog dial doesn't change, it is in your home unit. Only all of the digital info changes. I hope you like driving 110! :D and being in nice 20* temperatures!

I have interesting story relating to this. I always have my DIC in speed form, and the average city speed is usually 50 kph unless posted. So i went to Minot ND a few weeks ago, and early in the morning changed my info to US Imperial. I get to the city and zip on up to 50, zooming around. No big deal. *weeeee-oooo* Damnit! Ticketed... :( I was doing 50 mph in a non 50 zone! lol

bg1811
04-09-11, 08:42 AM
With all the fancy electronics on this car you would think the speedo would change.

TheCaptain
04-09-11, 11:13 AM
One of them does, why do you need two?

bg1811
04-10-11, 05:36 PM
Captain, I didn't read your post carefully. I obviously don't need two.