: Ipod Connect for 2005 CTS-V what kit is the best?

Johnson
04-08-11, 12:14 AM
I want to have a connection for an Ipod in my 2005 CTS-V, my car doesnt have XM, what kits does everyone recommend? easiest to install? Thanks

aggie1979
04-08-11, 01:13 AM
I bought mine from crutchfield, USA SPEC. Installing was easy, had to access the rear deck, to disconnect the XM antenna and plug in the kit. You do not have to remove the factory radio at all. Here is the kit number 581PA15VET.
The reason I used this brand, cause I had used the same brand in my wifes car and it works good.

I only bought this kit for the aux input. I do plan on buying an IPOD soon. I don't even play to much music cause I like the sound of my car!!!

apsitter
04-08-11, 12:11 PM
I just bought a USA SPEC PA15-VETTE off Amazon for cheaper than Crutchfield was offering. I chose it based off the other threads I read on here. I think you need an XM enabled radio to use that particular kit though... Did you mean to say you don't have an XM subscription? Make sure you read up on it some more before you just go and buy one if you don't have the XM radio for some reason.

Johnson
04-08-11, 10:56 PM
My radio is not XM enabled, I dont have the XM module so I need a kit that will work with the factory NAV unit.

czubernis
09-29-14, 06:42 PM
Any newer kits that support Lightning Adapter?

WasTiSLine
09-30-14, 07:03 AM
I have an FM modulator and it works perfect for my needs with my Galaxy S5. And my Galaxy1000 still works perfectly

MarkOne
10-05-14, 04:53 AM
http://www.kawal.net/auxinput.htm#Alternative%202

its not an iPod and/or iphone lightning/30 pin plug, but an AUX input for any device! (xm radio required though)

hefftone
10-06-14, 10:01 PM
There are some fm modulators out there that actually use the antenna plug, so the reception is supposed to be very good. They work with a aux plug.... I found some on autotoys.com a couple months back....there site is a bit cumbersome, but they do have a bunch of stuff.