: Sold my 2006 V ..looking for V2

biiz1957
04-07-11, 11:00 PM
Probably discussed before, if so please provide link. What previous V1 owners would like to comment about V1 compared to V2? I have driven V2 (auto only) and really missed the manual shifting. I didn't have enough time to get the paddles down on shift points. The V2 felt much more substantial as far as weight ( I know that it is about the same weight as V1.) Nice whine on V2 supercharger and really pulls as you get going. Saw a Youtube video on a top snout pulley change, and the guy said the factory plastic isolator with springs was crap and made a rattle after about 2k on the new V2, and replaced it with a non spring isolator.
http://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video;_ylt=A0SO8ZoKa55N20YAPZb7w8QF;_ylu=X3oDMTBnc GdyMzQ0BHNlYwNzZWFyY2gEdnRpZAM-?p=cts+v+pulley+&fr=yfp-t-701&ei=utf-8&fr2=tab-web&n=21&tnr=21&y=Search

Any comments would be appreciated...........;)

Tuna
04-08-11, 10:31 AM
I drove my '04 V1 for almost 7 years before buying the V Wagon. The V2 is about 400 pounds heavier (wagon even more) than the V1.
My V2 is a manual and it shifts a whole lot better than my V1 did. The LS6 version of the V1 and the shift points in normal driving took some getting used to as they were different from my Vettes. The V2 manual is as smooth if not smoother than my '08 Vette.
The V2 is quiet and so smooth when accelerating in normal driving that you can find yourself going twice the speed limit before you notice it - even with the manual.
I also drove an auto V2 before buying and didn't car for it. We have a paddle shift Vette in the garage and it's my wife's car. Not my cup of tea as I think the manual is more fun to drive. I never found the paddle shifting of any real use on the street but it worked great on a tight road course.

Cowan480
04-08-11, 06:59 PM
Ive had two V1s, now I have a V2, Manual Tranny, 100% love it!!!! Go buy one this weekend!!

Cowan480
04-08-11, 07:03 PM
Oh yea I have driven the auto as well, MANUAL all the way esp if you are missing it already!!

JOEYCTS-V
04-09-11, 12:59 AM
I also had my V1 for almost 7 years and really enjoyed it, but I didn't realize what I was missing until I bought the V2. There is a night and day difference between the two and I haven't looked back. I can't say enough good things about this car. You will not be disappointed.

thebigjimsho
04-09-11, 09:53 PM
I had a real connection with my V1 and I still miss it. Don't know if I'll ever have the connection with the V2 as the V1 is more visceral in feel. BUT, the speed, brakes, panache, style and attitude of the V2 blow the V1 away. It is certainly a head turner...

dqw1
04-10-11, 10:20 AM
I had an 04 V1 and have an Auto V2 now. Because of traffic I don't miss not having a manual this time but I do miss the V1. No comparisons between the two cars.