: aftermarket wood dash

BobJen
04-07-11, 06:15 PM
Does anyone have an aftermarket wood dash? If so do you like the way it looks? And can you post pictures?

stevec5375
04-07-11, 06:33 PM
Ask Smokin' SRX (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/member.php?u=16975). He has some aftermarket wood trim in his SRX.

Also, check here: http://www.carid.com/2010-cadillac-srx-wood-grain-dash-kits/

BobJen
04-07-11, 07:19 PM
Thanks

Smokin' SRX
04-08-11, 08:23 AM
Yes, Steve is correct on both counts!

I have it/love it and got the $135 kit plus a $65 rear add-on from CarId.com. Went "OEM match" and it is 95% perfect match (all wood has natural variations) See my Album for some pix.

SS

brendajm
04-08-11, 02:00 PM
Make sure it matches,, I just installed it and I think they sent the wrong color,, we did it in the garage and it looked good,, backed the car out the next day and it is an orange color compared to the oem wood,, it looks bad. I called and they said too bad since I installed it,, I am so mad, I am working with a supervisor now, I sent her picks, and she is going to see if we can switch out the dash around the radio and the shifter, that is where it is most noticeable when it is right next to each other. I will have to pay for the re do thought, not sure how much..

BobJen
04-08-11, 06:50 PM
It seems like they offer three types Remin,B&I or Sherwood. Which one did you guys end up getting? And Brendajm did you and it on the radio? Can you post pictures too? Thanks guys.

daddie2k3
04-08-11, 09:56 PM
i am considering this mod as well but my question is what exactly do you do for install (i.e. 3m tape, clip on, etc)

Smokin' SRX
04-10-11, 10:54 AM
Simple, 3M, self-adhesive backing. Sticks well to a clean dash. Alcohol usually included. Take Brendjm advice and match color before adhering! Mine is good, w/a 95%, very acceptable match. All wood has some minor variations, even from OEM installed trim. CarId.com was my source.........

SS

brendajm
04-19-11, 05:13 PM
I wish I know how to attach a pic here. I finally got it worked out,, they are sending me out some new pieces that I hope match better.. I sent them pics and they too could see right away the diffence. I am hoping it is not too hard to get the pieces taht are on there now off. It was not hard to install, and really sticks like crazy so make sure it is lined up perfect before letting it touch.

Smokin' SRX
04-20-11, 10:45 PM
Don't know your location but wait for a HOT, sunny, afternoon. Park car in the sun. After a few hours the wood appliqué will slowly pull off. Try at a 90* angle and a 45* angle. Should work. I had a piece loosen on the bend, on such a day.

Glad they're making it right!

To upload a pix, log in, click on your user NAME, on any post you added/wrote to. Box opens. click Profile then click Albums . I think it says More or Add after that. Almost intuitive.

You must have uploaded the desired pix from your camera to your computer, already, of course. They then get downloaded to the Forum, as stated above. That's the gist. Perhaps someone knows a shorter method...................

Good luck with that wood!

SS

BobJen
04-21-11, 07:19 PM
I am soooo happy!!!! I got my car last night!!! And the first thing we did the wood kit! It looks great I will try to post pictures!

Marc NY
04-22-11, 09:14 PM
I wish I know how to attach a pic here... When you make a reply to a post select the "advanced" tab and there you will see an "Attachment" feature where you can be able to upload your image(s).

Also you can use and upload photos to anyone of many free photo hosting websites i.e. photobucket.com

BTW: Which is a great site that I use a lot.

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd198/MarcNY/Carpenter%20Family/SRX/030510_2094.jpg

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd198/MarcNY/Stuff/Sm20091107_1733.jpg

TheCaptain
04-22-11, 09:51 PM
Nice units Marc! Is yours the red or silver SSR?
That grey flannel looks awesome in the sun! :D

Marc NY
04-22-11, 09:59 PM
Nice units Marc! Is yours the red or silver SSR?
That grey flannel looks awesome in the sun! :DThanks Captain! :D

Mine is the silver SSR and the SRX and SSR both look great in late evening light too. ;)

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd198/MarcNY/Stuff/2010SRXPerformance.jpg

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd198/MarcNY/1_SSR_Gold_AWide.jpg

Smokin' SRX
04-23-11, 10:46 AM
Your sleds are gorgeous! I love the plate on the silver SSR!! You musta acted quickly to snag it.......

How's the power on the SSR? 5 speed tranny? 5.3L ??

SS

Marc NY
04-23-11, 11:46 AM
Your sleds are gorgeous! I love the plate on the silver SSR!! You musta acted quickly to snag it.......

How's the power on the SSR? 5 speed tranny? 5.3L ??

SSThanks SS... :) Actually I had that plate put on hold for 6 months before the SSRs even came out. I didn't want to lose that plate # to someone else. As far as power goes I am very happy with my 2004 SSR with the 300 HP 5.3L all aluminum engine. The 05-06 MY SSRs were upgraded to the Corvette version 6.0L 395-400 HP. It is very hard to tell the difference between an 03 or 06 and there were Only 24,180 made in all. Yes a VERY LOW production vehicle indeed.

My SSR is reported to be the only Production SSR to have what we call a "Pedigree" Build History. Many Photos taken and the build status were printed out daily for me and then sent to me via GM Lotus Notes. In all it took 5 days to build and one of my favorite build photos was my SSR coming off the end of the production line.

*FYI: The SSR VIN numbers are the ONLY GM production vehicle ever produced to have continued their VIN#s sequenced through out each new MY (Model Year) of the SSR. Each MY started off with the last number from the previous MY and not reset to ZERO like every other vehicle in GM's history. Thus if you know someone's SSR VIN# you would know exactly when it was built and what MY it is. Mine is VIN# 9684 :)

amitgupta
04-23-11, 11:56 AM
where's a good site to buy classic cadillac stuff?

Smokin' SRX
04-23-11, 12:32 PM
Try Ebay and BigDaddyCaddy for classic Caddy stuff. I got my vintage gold crest/wreath from him.

Marc, I never knew you could have photos/stages of build taken! honestly, you must have a "hook" at GM, no? LOL
I had heard of their serial VIn numbers at a show once but didn't confirm till now.

I have the 6.2 in my Denali and it flies @ 5800lbs. Your SSR must hit light speed with 3600 lbs (if I recall correctly?).

Very nice history. tks for sharing.

SS

Smokin' SRX
04-23-11, 12:37 PM
dup.

Marc NY
04-23-11, 12:58 PM
Try Ebay and BigDaddyCaddy for classic Caddy stuff. I got my vintage gold crest/wreath from him.

Marc, I never knew you could have photos/stages of build taken! honestly, you must have a "hook" at GM, no? LOL
I had heard of their serial VIn numbers at a show once but didn't confirm till now.
I have the 6.2 in my Denali and it flies @ 5800lbs. Your SSR must hit light speed with 3600 lbs (if I recall correctly?).

Very nice history. tks for sharing.

SSSS I work for GM and btw this is my 40th year there. :halo: I knew one of the engineers there and he offered to help me get a Pedigree history of my SSR by taking photos of my SSR throughout the 5 day build cycle. I also got to know the Plant Scheduler who was kind enough to send me my status reports every day. BTW: She also got me my chrome wheels added back on to my order (they were on constraint) and changed my color red back to silver and added the new console gages to my order too. :worship:

I printed out some of my photos and took them to the plant while I was in Detroit on GM business the following week and even had some of the LCC team members who were in my photos sign them too. I ran into GM's CEO Rick Wagoner at the Chevy Event who also signed my custom history poster that summer of 04 at the WDC (Woodward Dream Cruise) events. :)

Yikes I have completly gone off topic with all my recent SSR posts in this thread. I hope the Moderator of our great site won't ban me from posting again. Forgive me .... :bighead:

Smokin' SRX
04-23-11, 01:06 PM
Awesome poster! Wow, what resale value!!

I suspect a divergence of this intriguing history will be tolerated! or, just blame it on me. LOL

Back to legitimate thread (sorry BobJen).............does the SSR come with a WOOD dash?

Now we're legal! LOL

SS

Marc NY
04-23-11, 01:14 PM
NO WOOD DASH there! Maybe I can find one... LOL

*Thanks for trying to help save me :worship: SS.

Smokin' SRX
04-23-11, 01:48 PM
I am soooo happy!!!! I got my car last night!!! And the first thing we did the wood kit! It looks great I will try to post pictures!

Congrats BenJen!! easy, right? And cheaper than the $700 the Dealer wanted!!Try to get some pix up!!

SS

TheCaptain
04-23-11, 02:38 PM
Nice SSR stuff Marc! That's sweet to have a hookup at GM like that, nonetheless work for them! :D

Nobody has pics of their wood dash?

BobJen
04-24-11, 01:13 AM
Your SSR is beautiful!!! I wish we all could get pictures like that its very interesting. I will try again to post pictures it saying they need to be 800 and I cant figure how to change it. Smozin SRX-My dealer didn't offer a wood package. This was very easy and I love it.
**Finally got the pictures posted!!! The first picture is a chrome molding on upper grille and lower grille. I will get a better picture another day. We wanted a chrome insert for the grille but couldn't find it.

Marc NY
04-24-11, 11:20 AM
I like the chrome look ... perhaps we can see it out side in the next photo? :)

I have to admit this after market wood kit looks really awesome!

I believe that the 2012 SRX has a wood pkg that comes with the heated steering wheel option. I wonder if it will look the same?

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd198/MarcNY/SRXWOOD.jpg

*Hey Bob ... is that your foot in the bottom of the photo with the HOT RED nail polish? :eyebrow:

mrl859
04-24-11, 11:30 AM
Is it possible to purchase only the pieces for the door bezels that would match the factory wood?

Marc NY
04-24-11, 11:35 AM
Is it possible to purchase only the pieces for the door bezels that would match the factory wood?I would think not ... usually they only come in a complete package. But it wouldn't hurt to ask the seller to see if they would be willing to sell just the door piece.

Let us know if they say yes or no.

mrl859
04-24-11, 11:47 AM
I would think not ... usually they only come in a complete package. But it wouldn't hurt to ask the seller to see if they would be willing to sell just the door piece.

Let us know if they say yes or no.

Who is the seller?

Marc NY
04-24-11, 11:50 AM
Who is the seller?I believe the site link below is the one that most members are using to get their wood pkg. from.

http://www.carid.com/2010-cadillac-srx-wood-grain-dash-kits/

TheCaptain
04-24-11, 12:15 PM
Wow, that wood looks like a dead match! They did good with that!

Smokin' SRX
04-25-11, 09:25 AM
BobJen, your pix look better than mine!! (especially the red toe!!) LOL Great job.

CARID.com has several kit choices, and some are just a few pieces. All reasonable. I went on to order the rear fold-down arm rest area! Pix in my album.....

SS

BobJen
04-25-11, 06:47 PM
Alright guys I have more picture but this time I made sure not to get my feet!!! The pictures are taken outside. I got my kit on ebay it came in a B&I box. Its a 23 piece set my husband and I are still not sure if we should add the above the glove box pieces. What do you think?

Smokin' SRX
04-25-11, 07:16 PM
No! Don't do it! LOL I'll send my "doormat" of a glove box wood applique' to anyone who wants it! Too much of a good thing, JIMHO.

You did a nice job. Maybe a pix one day of the chrome grill, outside???

SS

Max405
04-26-11, 11:12 AM
Bob/Jen
Your pictures are making me want to do the mod. Thanks for noting that the box had B&I on it.
The enter stack looks really elegant, and the door trim finishes the whole thing off very nicely. I love it.
Thanks for sharing.
Joe D.

BobJen
04-26-11, 09:45 PM
Thanks I am very happy with it. My husband and I agree we are not adding the above the glove box.

daddie2k3
05-10-11, 05:08 AM
Hey BobJen do you mind sharing what was the sellers name on eBay and also what was the color match you used when buying

BobJen
05-10-11, 09:22 PM
The seller was meshgrills and tell them in a message you want factory match. Good luck!

daddie2k3
05-10-11, 10:36 PM
Thank you so much!!