: Solutions to 6 disc changer problems

Mr ESV
04-07-11, 05:03 PM
Can someone please post the end results of the blue highlighted "DISC" light on the Escalade please. We have a lot of forums, but no one shares the info from what the dealer diagnoses other than a bad battery cable.

Thx

Playdrv4me
04-08-11, 05:43 PM
You guys sure do have a lot of problems with those radio mechanisms. Mine have yet to give me any trouble with either of the disc drives, either the base radio I had first, or the Nav unit. However, I can see WHY they would fail as frequently as they do... For example, instead of PAUSING the disc when a call comes in, I noticed that the whole mechanism grinds to a halt then grinds all the way back into playing when the call ends. Likewise, the Nav disc is constantly spinning, buzzing and checking lord knows what. For that reason, I keep my Nav disc in the center console, and only insert it when I am going to need route guidance.

Knock on fake GM wood...

GregDonna
04-09-11, 05:56 PM
I just had to take my 07 back to the dealer for the radio and back A/C not working. Well this is going to make my thirded radio in my truck it turns it self off when it wants and when you start the truck it comes on but no sound. Now they told me that I have something that was added to the radio and that's what made it go out but I told them it's never been worked on only by them. Well of course they said they don't know where this could have came from or what it even does. My extended warranty goes out in May but I did renew it for another 5 year 100,000 miles bumper to bumper.

Cadillac Cust Svc
04-11-11, 10:06 AM
GregDonna, could you keep me up to date with your trip to the dealership? Thank you.

Jeff Morris, Cadillac Customer Service

Mr ESV
04-11-11, 02:10 PM
You guys sure do have a lot of problems with those radio mechanisms. Mine have yet to give me any trouble with either of the disc drives, either the base radio I had first, or the Nav unit. However, I can see WHY they would fail as frequently as they do... For example, instead of PAUSING the disc when a call comes in, I noticed that the whole mechanism grinds to a halt then grinds all the way back into playing when the call ends. Likewise, the Nav disc is constantly spinning, buzzing and checking lord knows what. For that reason, I keep my Nav disc in the center console, and only insert it when I am going to need route guidance.

Knock on fake GM wood...

Yeah, i do the same...I don't use the NAV until I need too. I am only having trouble with the DVD/CD slot. I was going to get a new head unit from Ebay, but I don't trust them! lol Back to the dealer I go. Thx guys...

Nice Ride
04-06-12, 08:59 AM

Knock on fake GM wood...

You will also loose the use of voice commands if you remove the disk...