: Gloss Black Trim Around Windows

Pages : [1] 2

fivepix
04-07-11, 02:50 PM
Have any of you guys had any issues with the black trim around the window?

I've noticed that the black glossy trim on the driver side door is pealing or loosing it's gloss in some spots see my image below:

http://img861.imageshack.us/img861/3577/escaladetrim.jpg

Would this be something that could be replaced and could it be covered by warranty?

WaterKing
04-07-11, 03:01 PM
On my 2008 the dealer has replaced the right center piece and right front door frame for a under the surface distortion caused when they were taken off and put back on when they were working on the doors. The left rear door bottom piece has exactly the same problems as yours and it was replaced under warranty...I only have 17k miles on the vehicle.

Noodle015
04-07-11, 03:21 PM
I do not know to be exact.. I am having the same issue on my 07. I asked a dealer and was told since I am not the original owner and it is at 55k miles it would not be covered.

My next thought is to see if I can take pics of that and the peeling chrome from the wheels and email gm to see what they say.. It is a $70,000 truck, this should not even be happening. If you hear anything please keep me informed.

Kyle

fivepix
04-07-11, 03:32 PM
@Noodle015 are you still on the bumper to bumper warranty? I think mine runs out in Oct. But if it's covered by the warranty I didn't think it would matter how many owners the vehicle has had?

I'll try to make in to the dealer to see what they tell me, will probably make some excuse why they can't do it :/

ATyson
04-07-11, 03:51 PM
I have 07 with 38K and will address this when I visit the dealer next. I believe mine will be under warranty, but will keep you posted.

TexFinn
04-07-11, 04:18 PM
My 07 just sprung the same peeling issue on a couple of small spots. Mine is out of the b-to-b warranty, so I'll have to figure something else.

purduecmpe
04-07-11, 05:40 PM
It is a $70,000 truck, this should not even be happening.

I find myself saying that a lot...

Noodle015
04-07-11, 08:48 PM
Fivepix, I believe I am out sine I am over 50k. Sine I bought this truck used I was told that I could certify from the out of state chevy dealer, I went to a Cadillac dealer and they said not possible since it was not purchased from a caddy dealer and they would of had to do it then.
I recently took it in top have the rear bumper done and they service guy said I would have to replace and have them painted, I may think to look at a local junk yard.

Another thought is they do sell the chrome pillar covers, not my style but it's an option.
You live and learn when you buy a Cadillac and it's used..haha still nice but know what to look for next time.

Mha
04-08-11, 01:11 AM
Mine was peeling just like that well 3 of them the 4th had some small peeling but I told to change it also. It was covered by bumper 2 bumper

txlaw2002
04-08-11, 01:19 AM
It has happened on both of my escalades. Warranty covered them.

Big Windy Ext
04-08-11, 09:09 AM
My Bumper to Bumper covered that and a broken one that was giving some wind noise .

Playdrv4me
04-08-11, 05:49 PM
Ok, so we get that the B2B will cover it, but what about outside of that... has anyone figured anything out? I would be perfectly satisfied just rubbing the rest of the gloss off if it would leave a consistent even surface. I did this once on a BMW X5 door handle that had all that rubbery crap peeling off.

DTEK01
04-09-11, 12:56 AM
Mine are real bad at 70k. I need to find a way to just peel it all off and then buff em out real good.

zam2000
04-09-11, 01:34 AM
My Bumper to Bumper covered that and a broken one that was giving some wind noise .

My CPO warranty covered that, dealer replaced all the trims & inside door latch (chrome piece) & wipers (wiper arm have paint peel off too)

k-shawn
04-09-11, 11:03 PM
Having my exterior window molding replace all four, & headliner replace all under the CPO.

IgotGAME
04-09-11, 11:10 PM
Mine look real bad as well at around 100K miles on my truck. I think it's about $600-$700 for just the parts to replace all 4 (this includes the door pillars as well I believe.

jeanethics
04-10-11, 02:43 AM
I have the same thing happen to mine i am at 51k miles on my 08 ESV..
It really is annoying me..

LeftLane
04-10-11, 06:53 AM
mine didn't peel,it cracked.Warranty took care of it.

Mha
04-10-11, 12:50 PM
How do they peel? Im in need of a new cup holder, maybe I can make the clear peel :D

Cadillac Cust Svc
04-11-11, 12:35 PM
For those who don't have your warranties left and are looking to get these replaced could you please contact me about this issue and I will do what I can for you. Thank you for your time.

Jeff Morris, Cadillac Customer Service

baleman
04-11-11, 04:48 PM
I am a newb :(. can't PM yet. My ESV is just crossed 100K and I have all my trim with spots of peel. Any help will be greatly appreciated

Thank you

Maliburider
04-11-11, 06:10 PM
Hello,
I also have the problem with the peeling paint and also a new to the forums. What do you suggest?

Rich909
04-11-11, 07:55 PM
For those who don't have your warranties left and are looking to get these replaced could you please contact me about this issue and I will do what I can for you. Thank you for your time.

Jeff, I left you a message. Thank You for looking out for us Escalade owners.

surfer
04-11-11, 08:29 PM
Hi Jeff, same problem on a 2008 with 64,000 miles; and not able to pm yet. Looking forward to hearing form you, thanks for your efforts.

PreachRR
04-11-11, 08:42 PM
I just spoke to the dealer and told him while the truck is in the body shop I wanted the trim replaced.. He said he would do it... 40K on an 07 so I am still under the factory warranty they said they would not do it under the certified warranty

Playdrv4me
04-11-11, 11:24 PM
That's my understanding as well, even with BMW the CPO programs stopped short of covering "trim and cosmetic" problems, which is why they can afford the continued coverage. However, Jeff is a good guy and will help those who he can with whatever resources he has.

matthones
04-12-11, 12:37 AM

Jeff I have an '07 ESV with approx 82k miles. All the windows have pooh-pooh trim pieces. A detail guy was able to buff out some of the peeling but they are still pretty noticeable. Any help would be great.

Matt

Mha
04-12-11, 11:07 AM
so what is the cause? Im 07 is 4 years old but new to me so I want to keep it as nice as I can. I dont want to replace them 2-3 years down the road when my bumper to bumper expires.

baleman
04-12-11, 06:09 PM
Jeff, since I can't pm you, bernie.aleman@gmail.com. Thanks for any help you may be able to provide.

RippyPartsDept
04-12-11, 06:21 PM
all of you new users who don't have ten posts yet just need to buck it up and get yourself up to ten posts... it's super easy... go post some pictures of your escalade... participate in some other threads... post again in this thread

it will only take about fifteen minutes

then you can PM Jeff (aka Cadillac Cust Svc) and not have to worry if he has seen your post

surfer
04-12-11, 06:50 PM
Thanks parts dude! Post # 2 right here

baleman
04-13-11, 11:36 AM
all of you new users who don't have ten posts yet just need to buck it up and get yourself up to ten posts... it's super easy... go post some pictures of your escalade... participate in some other threads... post again in this thread

it will only take about fifteen minutes

then you can PM Jeff (aka Cadillac Cust Svc) and not have to worry if he has seen your post

Thanks for the advice, I did not know it only takes ten posts, it just states participate in the message and I don't want to post useless information, but posting pics is a good idea.

RippyPartsDept
04-13-11, 12:49 PM
Yeah, definitely don't waste posts with useless info that just clutters the forum, but do participate and get yourself up to ten so you can PM Jeff

Cadillac Cust Svc
04-13-11, 05:40 PM
Thanks RippyParts on all the assists. Also baleman I have not yet gotten a chance to check the message you sent me but I will do so shortly.

RippyPartsDept
04-13-11, 06:29 PM
No problem Jeff, I assume you're plenty busy as it is...

Playdrv4me
04-13-11, 06:40 PM
Does anyone on this forum have those chrome pillar trims? I am not the biggest fan, but we did put them on our old Continental when my brother got a little overzealous with a de-icing scraper and they didn't look half bad. They'd certainly cover up the ugliest part of the peel which is the glossy pillar covers.

Playdrv4me
04-13-11, 06:46 PM
Found a pic. You know what, I kind of like it...

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/$(KGrHqV,!l8E2Euurd,,BNiQMwW9Yg~~0_12.JPG

matthones
04-14-11, 01:09 AM
Saw the chrome pillar bars in person and they looked out of place, almost like they were installed incorrectly. Would have to get a better/second look I guess to make up my mind for sure.

WaterKing
04-14-11, 02:26 AM
I have them but have not installed them for the same reason...without the rest of the window frame being chrome they look added on..which is what they are. I am looking at getting the chrome window rain deflectors and then they MIGHT look right IMHO. Just a little too far down my list of things to do.

SxS
04-15-11, 08:00 PM
I too have the issue with the black trim around the windows peeling.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=74579

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=74578

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=74580

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=74581

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=74582

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=74583

DTEK01
04-15-11, 09:46 PM
This is very sad GM will not help us out on these vehicles. I bought mine with 65k on it but I can tell you right now it was happening well before that. Even if they were changed (and may have been) I guarantee it will happen again. They should be replacing them with better finished parts no matter how many miles on them. Maybe a reimbursement and have the body shop fix em up right?

What are we looking best case maybe $400 for moldings that are still flawed?

TexFinn
04-19-11, 02:00 PM
Jeff opened a case for me at Cadillac last week. Got a call today from Jason and basically all he said was that he thanks me for choosing Cadillac, but since you are out of your bumper-to-bumper warranty, you are SOL.

Since I knew that was probably going to be his answer, I didn't start making a big deal out of it. At least we tried. Thanks for getting the case opened, Jeff.

Oh well...

RippyPartsDept
04-19-11, 04:37 PM
You guys who are out of warranty can save some $$ if you order from me... we basically charge employee pricing plus shipping... PM me your VIN if you're interested

Cadillac Cust Svc
04-20-11, 06:02 PM
I'm sorry to hear you were denied TexFinn. I went back and checked over your case as well just to make sure it was handled properly and I was unable to find any issues with how it was handled. It is unfortunate that we were unable to assist you this time but hopefully we will have better luck the next something comes up with your vehicle. I would also like to thank you for giving us the chance to attempt to assist you.

gragravar
04-21-11, 02:44 PM
mine were peeling too, replaced under the bumper to bumper warranty.

DLareJ15
04-25-11, 12:15 PM
So glad to hear that this will be replaced nder the bumper to bumper. min is peeling too. do they replace it with the same one or is it an updated version? if so it will happen again in a couple of years. that sucks

RippyPartsDept
04-25-11, 01:02 PM
the part numbers have changed around a lot - that could be an indication of a new manufacturer or a new design, but there's really no way to know for sure unless GM specifically comes out and says

(i guess you'll find out in a couple years)

fivepix
04-25-11, 01:41 PM
Okay so I went to the dealer on Saturday -

At first the service guy said because this is cosmetic and it does NOT hinder the way the door or window operates they won't replace it, but after telling him I knew for a fact it was covered under my bumper-to-bumper he kinda stepped back and said that he would have to verify and check with the service manager. Of course no manager was in Saturday so he took some pictures and said they would call me back.

This always happens at the dealer not sure if it's because I look younger than I really am (29 but look like I'm 18 LOL) they don't take me serious or if it's just that these guys don't really know...

Luckily I have been in contact with Cadillac Customer Service and they know about my situation and they have been doing a great job in following up with everything so far, now I'm just waiting for the dealer to get back to me :)

Mha
04-25-11, 02:31 PM
I call caddy CC and the lady didnt say much about what was covered and how it had to be looked at. I asked about my heated steering not working, chrome door recall, broken outer handle, faded caddy logos, and window trim. But my local dealer was kool and replaced it all under bumper to bumper

Palomar
04-27-11, 03:03 AM
Dealer seemed to know about the clear coat peeling problem on the outside window frames. The vehicle was sent out and the frames were all recoated in place. They did a good job of masking and it looks great now.

RippyPartsDept
04-27-11, 12:08 PM
Dealer seemed to know about the clear coat peeling problem on the outside window frames. The vehicle was sent out and the frames were all recoated in place. how much did that cost?

fivepix
04-27-11, 12:17 PM
Hi guys I need your help,

Customer Service called me back and said that the dealership told her that they would not cover the fix under the warranty because they consider this wear and tear.

I'm in London Ontario Canada, the vehicle is from the U.SA. can any one here that has had the fix done here in Canada tell me the dealership name and city where they had it fixed? Maybe even those in the states tell me the dealers they dealt with.

I'm trying to prove that this is indeed covered by the Bumper to Bumper warranty, it sounds like the Customer Service agent is just taking the word of the dealership.

Thanks for your help!

Mha
04-27-11, 12:19 PM
To bad its ony a matter of time till it peels again

bstiffmanofsteel
04-27-11, 12:25 PM
Dealer here offered to share cost on the parts with me. I am gonna wait a few days and see if I want to do it myself.

RippyPartsDept
04-27-11, 01:26 PM
Hi guys I need your help,

Customer Service called me back and said that the dealership told her that they would not cover the fix under the warranty because they consider this wear and tear.

I'm in London Ontario Canada, the vehicle is from the U.SA. can any one here that has had the fix done here in Canada tell me the dealership name and city where they had it fixed? Maybe even those in the states tell me the dealers they dealt with.

I'm trying to prove that this is indeed covered by the Bumper to Bumper warranty, it sounds like the Customer Service agent is just taking the word of the dealership.

Thanks for your help!

dis you see post #20?

if not, go read it and see if you can get any help from Jeff

fivepix
04-27-11, 02:13 PM
@RippyPartsDept - Thanks! Yes I sent him a message hopefully I hear from him soon and any others on here who said they have had their issue fixed :)

I get frustrated with some of the inconsistency from dealer to dealer, I know they are technically their own business but you would think that if something is cover by warranty they would just fix it instead of making excuses in why they won't fix an issue. You would think after paying 60k+ for a vehicle you would get better service.

RippyPartsDept
04-27-11, 02:41 PM
definitely let the dealership's management/ownership know how you feel - often an email or snail mail letter send to the service manager, general manager, and owner(s) that simply (and calmly) explains your feelings about your experience at their establishment goes a lot farther than you might think it would

that kind of feedback is really crucial - it would take a lot to get their franchise revoked and another dealer in their place (basically that's not going to happen)
so appealing to them to get their act together is really the only option you have
and if you don't give them your feedback they'll just continue operating like there's not a problem

i can guarantee they'll change if you provide your feedback, but i can guarantee that nothing will happen if you don't

PS: i'm not talking about those surveys you get with satisfied/completely satisfied/etc on them (those go to corporate - the dealer doesn't know how you ranked them unless you tell them)
i'm talking about a personal letter or email - or even just a conversation if you can get them on the phone or in person
i know our owners love to talk to the customers about their experiences and always ask how we can improve

Palomar
04-27-11, 05:48 PM
how much did that cost?

Cost me nothing. Was covered under B2B warranty, along with F&R badges and a few other minor things.

Palomar
04-27-11, 08:03 PM
fivepix: Sorry, I'm not allowed to respond to PM's yet. Otherwise I would answer your question.

fivepix
04-27-11, 08:35 PM
fivepix: Sorry, I'm not allowed to respond to PM's yet. Otherwise I would answer your question.

Can you post the dealer name and city here? If not let me know and I'll post my email.

@RippyPartsDept - A letter is a great idea! I think I will do that.

RippyPartsDept
04-27-11, 09:50 PM
hmm... we've only replaced those under warranty... i'd be interested in knowing what the repair procedure is that they're using so we might be able to offer that to our customers (especially the ones out of warranty since i'm sure that costs a lot less)

which makes me wonder if your dealer did something shady on the warranty end (like charge GM for new parts even though they repaired yours)
since replacement is the only warranty repair for this issue (at least that i know of)

Palomar
04-28-11, 02:43 AM
Can you post the dealer name and city here? If not let me know and I'll post my email.

fivepix: You can send me another PM with your email address. I can read PMs, but can't reply.

t911
04-28-11, 06:09 PM
there is a special coating you can have put on them rather then replacing them if you are out of warranty its deff cheeper.

t911
04-28-11, 06:10 PM
btw the door panels come as a frame so if the part above the door is peeling you will also have to change the one that is onthe side of it!

FERN9230
05-23-11, 02:01 AM
Shame on caddy !!!

JL LAC23
06-27-11, 03:25 AM
New to the site. Having the same problem with my 07 since it's out of warranty I did some research found some Gloss Black Trim paint for outside molding for window I'm thinking about buying only cost $20 and then apply to all four windows. Don't know if its a good thing to do but $20 bucks beat $400 any day. Any suggestion

IgotGAME
06-27-11, 09:43 AM
Anyone have any information on the "recoating" procedure? Mine trim around my windows and the door pillars are also peeling. I want to have these fixed and am trying to find the best/practical way price wise since I am out of warranty on my 2007 EXT.

Thanks

fivepix
06-27-11, 11:39 AM
@IgotGAME - My dealer was going to repaint the trim around all four windows but they just ended up replacing all four pieces. Try going to a good body shop they should be able to re-paint the trim, it should be a lot less than replacing the parts. My dealer said each trim piece runs around $500 + install luckily I'm still under warranty.

@JL LAC23 - What's paint are you referring to? Name/brand

BTW to everyone else, the new trim looks great and it actually helped with the wind noise. Almost completely gone I only notice it when I'm hitting 120KM but even than it's a lot less than before. :thumbsup:

JimmydaGreek
06-28-11, 06:08 PM
Actually had mine all replaced as well under warranty also and the nasty wind noise from the passenger side is gone!

bcriss20
08-21-11, 04:20 PM
I having the same issue on my 2007 Escalade with 63,000 Miles. I going to try to contact Cadillac on this Issue

ErikU19
09-11-11, 02:57 AM
My truck has 72,000 miles on it. Perfect condition. washed at least 1x a week and babied.

I wrote Cadillac a letter expressing my dissatisfaction with these trim pieces as my passanger side is peeling, cracked and is an eyesore to anyone opening the door. Unacceptable for a 4 year old truck that cost 60k.

Cadillac Customer Assitance emailed me a few days letter and has really went out of their way to help me. scheduled an appointment with a local dealer to look at it. The dealer stated the window trim would cost 2k to fix and was caused from "detergents and waxes in soaps used to clean the truck". What a joke. Maybe they shouldnt use a nail polish grade finish on these pieces and perhaps they wouldnt fail/peel/crack. Needless to say i found this unacceptable and called Customer Assitance back again and comlained. I'm waiting to hear back from them monday. This will dictate whether I buyt another Cadillac product again or not.

Dont put cheap products on 60k truck and then make excuses for them. I'll gladly take my business to Mercedes or Lexus. Dont get me started on the fadded/cracked emblems ive experienced on my 2002 (stolen) and now 2007 (thinl they would have fixed it by now).

Big Windy Ext
09-12-11, 08:55 AM
The dealer threw you under the bus.My dealer stated that I maintain my vehicle and there was nothing that I could do to prevent failure,factory defect.It is out of warranty,so I took my complaint to Cadillac customer service,58,000 miles,two rear doors peeling,driver door cracked,the passenger door front is ok,replaced less than a year ago for wind noise . I guess keeping a good relationship with the selling dealer helps a bit .Good Luck,find a better dealer!!

2007slade
09-19-11, 01:56 AM
Here is the solution for everyone here. Have those pieces professionally wrapped. Locate a auto wrapping place local to you that does auto wraps for commercial vehicles, or a custom auto shop that does full auto wraps, and have them wrap all of those panels in any color you want. It will last forever and will look exactly like new.

Glad I can help.

teefrieson
09-19-11, 06:17 AM
What do you mean by wrapping?

black_asp
09-19-11, 10:14 AM
My 2008 has this issue on all four doors, and my dealer is going to replace them all...

I have 61K miles on my Escalade, and a good relationship with my Cadillac dealer.

2007slade
09-19-11, 01:28 PM
What do you mean by wrapping?

Google auto wrap.

RippyPartsDept
09-19-11, 01:49 PM
click this link
http://www.google.com/search?q=auto+wrap

fivepix
09-20-11, 06:34 PM
That's actually a great Idea. 3M makes great products for this too, just make sure you got to a professional who has had training on how to do it properly otherwise it will look weird.

There is a 2011 infiniti G37 that's completely wrapped in a flat grey, I thought it was a paint jop at first until I got a closer look (I'll have to take a pic next time i see it). I've also seen people blacking out their vehicles as well:

2007slade
09-21-11, 01:52 AM
You guys are welcome! :)

99ssconv
09-21-11, 06:28 PM
My truck has 72,000 miles on it. Perfect condition. washed at least 1x a week and babied.

I wrote Cadillac a letter expressing my dissatisfaction with these trim pieces as my passanger side is peeling, cracked and is an eyesore to anyone opening the door. Unacceptable for a 4 year old truck that cost 60k.

Cadillac Customer Assitance emailed me a few days letter and has really went out of their way to help me. scheduled an appointment with a local dealer to look at it. The dealer stated the window trim would cost 2k to fix and was caused from "detergents and waxes in soaps used to clean the truck". What a joke. Maybe they shouldnt use a nail polish grade finish on these pieces and perhaps they wouldnt fail/peel/crack. Needless to say i found this unacceptable and called Customer Assitance back again and comlained. I'm waiting to hear back from them monday. This will dictate whether I buyt another Cadillac product again or not.

Dont put cheap products on 60k truck and then make excuses for them. I'll gladly take my business to Mercedes or Lexus. Dont get me started on the fadded/cracked emblems ive experienced on my 2002 (stolen) and now 2007 (thinl they would have fixed it by now).

we replace them all the time for customers, it's a known issue. The dealer has the authority to goodwill them for you at their discretion usually up to 75k miles. I know we replace alot of them under the goodwill policy.

RippyPartsDept
09-21-11, 06:38 PM
:yeah:

bstiffmanofsteel
09-21-11, 10:29 PM
we replace them all the time for customers, it's a known issue. The dealer has the authority to goodwill them for you at their discretion usually up to 75k miles. I know we replace alot of them under the goodwill policy.
My dealer offer to share cost... Still wanted over $300 from me...

RippyPartsDept
09-21-11, 11:50 PM
That's like you buy two they buy two and do the labor for free

bstiffmanofsteel
09-22-11, 02:22 AM
That's like you buy two they buy two and do the labor for free
Thing is I only need the drivers side... Passenger side is perfect still...

RippyPartsDept
09-22-11, 03:32 AM
300 for just one isn't really a deal at all

bstiffmanofsteel
09-22-11, 01:58 PM
I don't remember the actual price but it was closer to $400 for the 2 on the drivers side. I still haven't done it. Thinking bout doing it myself...

2007slade
09-24-11, 09:19 PM
Your just throwing your money away. In about 15k miles the parts will start peeling again. If anything have a body shop repaint what you have. That way it will never peal.

felixgun
10-05-11, 06:21 PM

Ever after the 50k warranty is up? My cadillac dealer in town wants an arm and a leg for ANYTHING done to the vehicle. I needed another copy of a key made the other day (ordered key online, just needed it traced) and the cadillac dealer wanted me to schedule an appointment for it and said it would be $50 just to trace the key. I went to a local GMC dealership a few minutes away from my house and they did it in 2 minutes (no need to make an appointment) and when I asked how much it was they just said 'don't worry about it!'... FREE... crazy how different dealerships are...

MrHolland
10-05-11, 06:52 PM
I wish there was some continuity between dealerships and the customer service we recieve......

Big Windy Ext
10-06-11, 08:35 AM
I had to get Cadillac Customer service to get mine done at 59,000 miles,the dealer helped by stating that I am a good customer and the trim went bad. There was nothing that I did or didn't do to damage it.Funny,but my GMC dealer offered to look at my emergency brake for free to determine if its a warranty or a billable repair,my caddy dealer wants $175.00 for a look-see .

felixgun
10-06-11, 01:22 PM
I had to get Cadillac Customer service to get mine done at 59,000 miles,the dealer helped by stating that I am a good customer and the trim went bad. There was nothing that I did or didn't do to damage it.Funny,but my GMC dealer offered to look at my emergency brake for free to determine if its a warranty or a billable repair,my caddy dealer wants $175.00 for a look-see .

So did you have to pay to have the window trim replaced since yours was peeling? Looks like your case was the same as mine... Cadillac dealership wants money for something a GMC dealership does for me... lol that's just plain sad. I've heard good and bad things about Caddy dealerships so I guess it's just luck of the draw where you live.

RippyPartsDept
10-06-11, 01:42 PM
same with other types of franchises... i often choose to drive a bit farther to go to certain franchise locations instead of the closer option because of the service, cleanliness, etc

felixgun
10-06-11, 05:15 PM
same with other types of franchises... i often choose to drive a bit farther to go to certain franchise locations instead of the closer option because of the service, cleanliness, etc

Yea it seems like this is what i'm gonna have to do to get some Cadillac servicing in my area... i'm literally never going back to the one I went to the other day.

RippyPartsDept
10-06-11, 05:33 PM
you should write a letter and send it to the dealer general manager and owner as well as to GM ... things won't change if customers who get treated badly just hush up and move along

felixgun
10-06-11, 05:43 PM
you should write a letter and send it to the dealer general manager and owner as well as to GM ... things won't change if customers who get treated badly just hush up and move along

Good idea Chris I just might have to do that. I had such a bad experience I didn't even want to mess with their parts department.. which is why I directly dealt with you instead of my local Caddy dealership (and got all the help I needed!) :highfive:

RippyPartsDept
10-06-11, 06:32 PM
:cheers:
:thumbsup:

Big Windy Ext
10-07-11, 09:00 AM
So did you have to pay to have the window trim replaced since yours was peeling? Looks like your case was the same as mine... Cadillac dealership wants money for something a GMC dealership does for me... lol that's just plain sad. I've heard good and bad things about Caddy dealerships so I guess it's just luck of the draw where you live.

The trim replacement was no charge with a loaner. My GMPP doesn't cover paint. My own fault but when I purchased the extended warranty it was represented as"bumper to bumper warranty"it doesn't cover paint and a whole lot more.

NRich
10-10-11, 03:05 AM
My 2008 has this issue on all four doors, and my dealer is going to replace them all...

I have 61K miles on my Escalade, and a good relationship with my Cadillac dealer.

I'm in H-town too. Mind sharing which dealership? I can take a location hint if you don't wanna say name. Just got 2008 ESV black/cashmere. I'm trying to find good relationship with svc dept. Any advice you give will be helpful. Btw did you install vcim?

ErikU19
10-16-11, 01:31 AM
Dont try Peacock Cadillac off I45. I wrote a letter to Cadillac stating my dissatisfaction with the door trim. They called and setup an inspection at a dealer. Cadillac offered to split the 2K cost of replacing the pieces. What a joke! My wifes 2003 Navigator has the same type of black trim around her doors and we have never had issues. My truck had 72k on it.

I received a letter in the mail stating they were recalling the interior handles because of chrome peeling. Just the drivers side. Too bad the passengers side peels as well. This is peanutes compared to the cracking and peeling trim around the windows on these trucks.

I noticed the new SRX has the same trim. I was thinking about getting one of these for my wife but not anymore. I'll get an Infiniti or Mercedez. I enjoy my Escalade but this newer model has many inferior parts compared to the prevous generation (2002-2006) that I owned. They did offer to replace both front and back emblems even though it was a problem I experienced on my 2002. 5 years later and they still have the same issue.

The "New Standard Of The World." Right, try not using nail polish as a finish on your exterior trim pieces.

I'm in H-town too. Mind sharing which dealership? I can take a location hint if you don't wanna say name. Just got 2008 ESV black/cashmere. I'm trying to find good relationship with svc dept. Any advice you give will be helpful. Btw did you install vcim?

2007XTSDub
10-16-11, 06:20 PM
I just got hail damage on my 2011 Ext paint is fine. But all the black and chrome trim is all dented :( Insurance claim i guess.

Houstonshark
10-19-11, 01:06 PM
My 08 with 64k miles has all 4 window trims that are fading. I was led to believe that the CPO was bumper to bumper coverage when I bought it earlier this year. It had 48k miles on it and I had to pay extra for the CPO warranty. 2 of the windows were peeling when I bought it so I figured I'd just wait and replace them all at once.

Houstonshark
10-19-11, 01:08 PM
The dealership said it is not covered. I called customer service and they said the same but that they could try and see if Cadillac would help with the repair.

RippyPartsDept
10-19-11, 01:53 PM
http://www.cadillac.com/certified-pre-owned-vehicles/warranty.html

pretty clearly states what is and isn't covered

i think in 2006 or 2007 the CPO changed terms to not include interior and exterior trim as well as some other items like headlights
lots of other things are still covered and the CPO is still the best extended warranty (IMHO)

PreachRR
10-19-11, 04:40 PM
My 07 is certified and I went to have them change the trim the dealer tried to give me the whole "trim parts aren't covered" I told him this truck has less than 45k on it and its under the factory 50k so he replaced all of them!.. my truck is one of the best looking 07s out there! and that is not my opinion its what I keep being told!

Cadillac Cust Svc
10-20-11, 01:19 PM
PreachRR,
I am glad that the dealership took care of this for you. Also, I am glad that you are loving your vehicle. The Escalades are beautiful vehicles.
Breanne
Cadillac Customer Service

2007XTSDub
10-20-11, 01:44 PM
I just got back from my insurance estimate. 2G to replace all 4 trims. Hail damage. My paint was fine thank god.

Houstonshark
10-20-11, 06:13 PM
Hi Breanne,

I sent an email to socialmedia@gm.com which was listed in a conversation in your profile. Can you let me know if you received it?

Thanks

asudevilboy80
11-02-11, 05:49 PM
Here is the solution for everyone here. Have those pieces professionally wrapped. Locate a auto wrapping place local to you that does auto wraps for commercial vehicles, or a custom auto shop that does full auto wraps, and have them wrap all of those panels in any color you want. It will last forever and will look exactly like new.

Glad I can help.

My issues are only in the trim area below the windows (all four). I live in AZ where the sun beats up cars pretty heavily even though I have a garage and covered parking at work.

The wrapping is a great idea, do you (or anyone) have any pictures of this being done? Any idea as to what the cost would be? I find it hard to visualize how they would do the wrapping in the skinny of an area.

At 71k I am out of warranty and have no interest in shelling out $2k for something that never should have been an issue in the first place.

Cadillac Cust Svc
11-04-11, 12:39 PM
Hi Breanne,

I sent an email to socialmedia@gm.com which was listed in a conversation in your profile. Can you let me know if you received it?

Thanks

I do not believe that neither Breanna nor I have received your email. I would recommend sending again and being sure to address it to Breanne. Thank you agian.

Tricia, Cadillac Customer Service.

kenika411
11-23-11, 05:27 PM
Do you mind telling me which dealer you went to as I have the same problem and looking to get my 07 fixed. To replace it would cost around $800-900 per Penske Cadillac in Torrance.

kenika411
11-23-11, 05:32 PM
Dealer seemed to know about the clear coat peeling problem on the outside window frames. The vehicle was sent out and the frames were all recoated in place. They did a good job of masking and it looks great now.

Do you mind telling me which dealer you went to as I have the same problem and looking to get my 07 fixed. To replace it would cost around $800-900 per Penske Cadillac in Torrance.

allpedal
11-24-11, 08:48 PM
I had these replaced under the B2b and sure enough the replacements did the exact same thing. I'd like to email Cadillac about some issues just like this that shouldn't be happening on an Escalade only a few years old.

RippyPartsDept
11-25-11, 09:41 AM
allpedal, how long ago?
there's a 1-year warranty on all GM parts, so even if you're out of the B2B it can still be covered

allpedal
11-27-11, 09:58 PM
I don't think it's been a year but I can check. Problem is though, it'll happen again since the parts are the same.

48Dodge
11-29-11, 03:28 PM
Mine all seemed to fail at the same time just recently. Anyone try to rattle can these? I have to paint one side mirror so I may get that done professionally and have them quote me on the window trim as well, but seeing as the paint just needs good, I was thinking rattle can black and clear should be better than peeling as long as they're easy to pop off the door. I'm not going to attempt to mask, sand and paint with them on the car.

torr714
12-21-11, 02:22 PM

Hey Jeff

My name is Torrey I have a 07 escalade with all 4 peeling I would greatly appreciate any help you can provide I live in ny

Aerocoupe
12-29-11, 06:22 PM
Not sure if anyone has posted the part numbers but here they are:

20772074 - $261.21
20772075 - $202.84
20772078 - $277.15
20772079 - $199.90

The cost is dealer list and you can do way better here:

www.gmpartsgiant.com

or

www.gmpartsdirect.com

One dealer quoted me $1,200 installed just for the front two doors but did not give me a formal quote. I went to another dealer and asked the parts guy for a printed quote for all four doors and those are the prices above, over $1,000. Either way I am not going to buy them from the dealer or have the dealer install them. Its about $700 for all four brand new ones and I can install them myself. I talked to a body shop guy and he said to pull them and paint them and then reinstall would be higher than his cost for new ones. I am having some wind noise issues and the dealer swears up and down it is the reveals causing the issue so I am going the new route. If you don't have wind noise and can pull them off and reinstall them I would think it would be cheaper to do that and paint them.

Anyhow, just wanted to post up the part numbers for those that may need them.

Darren

RippyPartsDept
12-30-11, 09:55 AM
note to anyone with a regular escalade that might read this (regular meaning not an ext or esv): the front part numbers are the same across all escalades but the rear doors and windows are different sizes between 'regular' escalades and ext/esv (long wheelbase) escalades

pricing will be similar though

StevieT
12-30-11, 01:52 PM
07' EXT 70K miles
Finally broght this to the attention of the dealer last week when in service. They replaced for $60. Silly issue is silly, use better coatings please.

Philasprtsfan
12-30-11, 08:35 PM
You can buy the parts for about 190 for the front doors and 160 for rear doors each. but the dealer wants an arm and a leg to install

jp1985
01-03-12, 09:18 PM
i just took mine to the dealer and mine is out of the b to b warranty, the seervice reps were really cool, he is covering them under warranty. ALSO the inside cheap plastic chrome covered door handles, they are replacing all 4 of those and my right rear outer door handle which also broke they are covering all of my issues... if i were you i would call around to a few different dealers and find one thats not being such a di**..like alot of us say... a 70,000 vehicle shouldnt have this many problems. or made so cheap!!

BEarle
01-04-12, 12:46 AM
I had mine painted to match the color of the car (white diamond) it came out pretty good.

fivepix
01-04-12, 05:10 PM
I had mine painted to match the color of the car (white diamond) it came out pretty good.

You gotta post a picture now :)

BEarle
01-04-12, 06:25 PM

RippyPartsDept
01-04-12, 06:29 PM
can you post a slightly larger image? can't really see it that good

so far it looks nice though

1BADEXTSLADE
01-04-12, 08:43 PM
07 ext bought used and all four door modules (is what they are called) the pieces that peel and all four outside handles where broken and they covered it all under goodwill warranty plus gave me a 100 dollar bill for the removal of heated washer and detailed my truck for free! Felt really good filled my gas tank. The ext has close to 70grand. Just find a service manager and talk to him for a bit if they are cool and have warranty money to spend iy shouldnt be a issue.

paperchase4life
01-05-12, 01:44 AM
1BADEXTSLADE, hope you sent him a Xmas present cause 99% of them are not trying to help anybody like that out of warranty. Especially if you live in a town with only 1 cadillac dealer...

BEarle
01-05-12, 10:31 PM

RippyPartsDept
01-06-12, 11:20 AM
yeah that's nice

jdubh25
01-07-12, 10:58 PM
i bought a used 07 with the same problem. the gmc dealer i bought from said they would fix it, they painted it and it looks worse! looks as if i gave my daughter a spray can and said have fun. they also left overspray all over my windshield, and both driver and passenger windows and windshield pillars, it looks really bad. I wish i would have never let them touch it! still waiting on a call back from them as i told them they need to make this right!

Cadillac Cust Svc
01-09-12, 11:14 AM
Jdubh25,
Let me know what happens when they call you back. I would like to keep an eye on this situation for you. Keep me updated.
Breanne

hcvone
01-09-12, 12:11 PM
Anyone have this issue that has owned the truck since new, and has NEVER took their truck to an automatic car wash? I picked up a truck from a customer and it has this damage, takes good care of his car but takes it weekly to a car wash, having friends that own car washes and selling to many of them I kno0w they some times spray some nastly stuff to get the dirt off quicker

jdubh25
01-09-12, 05:31 PM
Hi Breanne, thanks and I will.

hcvone, I owned a 2005 Lincoln Aviator with the same window trim, paint and door pillars as an Escalade, when I traded it in for this Escalade the pillars and trim still looked as good as new with no signs of even wanting to peel and I took it to the carwash pretty often, rarely washed it myself. I looked at/drove 2 Escalades and 1 Denali before buying this one and each of those had the same exact problem with the paint. After everything Im reading here Im begining to think this is a big common problem for GM huh?

hcvone
01-09-12, 05:40 PM
Hi Breanne, thanks and I will.

hcvone, I owned a 2005 Lincoln Aviator with the same window trim, paint and door pillars as an Escalade, when I traded it in for this Escalade the pillars and trim still looked as good as new with no signs of even wanting to peel and I took it to the carwash pretty often, rarely washed it myself. I looked at/drove 2 Escalades and 1 Denali before buying this one and each of those had the same exact problem with the paint. After everything Im reading here Im begining to think this is a big common problem for GM huh?

I am not sure it's a common problem with GM, we were ask to look at this issue for a third party, clear coating plastic parts where salt and other corrosive substances sit can cause issues, and if you live or drive in Colorado who only know what they are using on their roads, saw that it did some real damage to some Benz's and BMW's moldings and wheels.

jdubh25
01-10-12, 02:25 PM
hcv, well i live and drive in San Diego, so salt isnt a problem ;) i see you all over these forums and seem pretty knowledgeable, do you work for GM?

murphy
01-10-12, 04:40 PM
Actually he owns GM :)

hcvone
01-10-12, 05:13 PM
Actually he owns GM :)

Everyone is a comedian, it is pretty funny. ;)

----------

hcv, well i live and drive in San Diego, so salt isnt a problem ;) i see you all over these forums and seem pretty knowledgeable, do you work for GM?

Looking past the Murph mans comments, no I am retired and NEVER worked for GM, our family made can tooling, we were the first to offer the pull tab that stayed on the can (soda & beer) many many years ago. I had and have a lot of cars, 11 Corvette's, 6 Suburban's, 8 Escalade's, 26 Grand Cherokee, and many others, and I do my own work and take things apart to try to make better, I have the time and resources and if I can help anyone out with their problems all the better. Pretty strange to be having issues where you live, do you ever drive to Tahoe in the winter in your truck?

jdubh25
01-10-12, 07:06 PM
No just back & forth to Vegas :/

jdubh25
01-12-12, 11:59 AM
So got in contact with the dealer manager yesterday, turns out the guy I was dealing with no longer works there (hence the no returned emails/calls), manager said he knew nothing of this but wants to make it right, looks like progress in the making. Will post back with updates.

hcvone
01-12-12, 12:01 PM
So got in contact with the dealer manager yesterday, turns out the guy I was dealing with no longer works there (hence the no returned emails/calls), manager said he knew nothing of this but wants to make it right, looks like progress in the making. Will post back with updates.

Let us know, many dealership will work to make it right. :)

Cadillac Cust Svc
01-12-12, 02:06 PM
Jdubh,
Please keep us updated, let us know how the dealer handles this situation. What dealership are you working with?
Breanne

jdubh25
01-12-12, 03:58 PM
I live in San Diego but bought the vehicle at Desert Buick GMC in Las Vegas.

MPLIN
01-13-12, 04:58 AM
I just took my 2008 ESV in earlier this week to have both rear door trim replaced under warranty. It was bubbling in the corners. Wish I hadn't. The repair work says the panels were replaced with new ones but it looks like they took the old trim off and painted them. There is dust in the paint on both sides and the driver side rear door trim has bubbles all along the edge and one large paint drip along the edge. I picked up the car at night so I didn't notice the horrible paint job until morning. Gonna have to make another trip back.

hcvone
01-13-12, 07:45 AM
I just took my 2008 ESV in earlier this week to have both rear door trim replaced under warranty. It was bubbling in the corners. Wish I hadn't. The repair work says the panels were replaced with new ones but it looks like they took the old trim off and painted them. There is dust in the paint on both sides and the driver side rear door trim has bubbles all along the edge and one large paint drip along the edge. I picked up the car at night so I didn't notice the horrible paint job until morning. Gonna have to make another trip back.

Can you post pics? Are you talking about the the black around the windows? What would they have painted, the parts are black plastic and come ready to install. When you say "painted" could they have removed them and reclear coated them?

Cadillac Cust Svc
01-13-12, 02:59 PM

If you haven't already, please send us a private message so we can follow up on this situation with you and your dealership.
Regards,
Sarah (In for Breanne)

jdubh25
01-20-12, 03:21 PM

Update. Went to my home Cadillac dealership bodyshop, got an estimate for $1242 to replace trim & pillars. Called the dealer in Vegas where i bought the vehicle, they said they dont have $1200 to take care of this but still want to make this right. Sugessted next time Im in town to bring it by so "their bodyshop" can fix it so he can keep costs down, told him thats why we are in this mess to begin with...guess this is gonna be more difficult then it should be.

Eric Hagan
01-21-12, 11:39 AM
07 escalade and mine are now in very bad shape. Was there a recall on this?

RippyPartsDept
01-21-12, 11:58 AM
no, a recall would usually be a safety issue that the manufacturer is forced into doing ... there are often voluntary recalls that a mfg will enter into and are usually called 'customer satisfaction' campaigns

i believe that GM's position on this issue is that it is caused by harsh chemicals in some cleaning products (most commonly found in touchless car washes)
i'm not 100% sure about that though, you might want to check w/ Breanne to see if she can get an official company line on this for you

we often will offer to fix two out of the four when someone buys an escalade from us that exhibits this problem (and discount the parts to employee pricing also)

CASTANO1
01-23-12, 11:20 PM
I just bought my esv last month and just hit 60k this week. Today one of these trim pieces descied to half way fly off i stoped the car in time before it completely flew off. Now iv put it back in place but the front door hits it when I open and close the door and the wind noise is so loud. you cant hear anything and forget taking a phone call.

Cadillac Cust Svc
01-24-12, 10:04 AM
CASTAN01,
Is your vehicle still within the warranty? Have you talked to your local Cadillac dealer about this issue already? If you would like me to make an appointment for you, just let me know.
Breanne

jdubh25
01-24-12, 11:26 AM
Breanne, what warranty are you refering too? My vehicle is still under factory powertrain warranty, CPO warranty & GM Major guard warranty, would this be covered for me also?

Cadillac Cust Svc
01-24-12, 03:26 PM
Jdubh25,
I apologize that under those warranties this would not be covered. If you still had your bumper to bumper warranty, it would be covered under that. If you want me to call some local dealers to see how much this would be for you to repair just let me know. I will do whatever I can to help.
Breanne

MPLIN
02-18-12, 09:34 PM
Sorry for the late reply to this HCVONE, I have been busy with work and have not had a chance to follow up. Attach is a picture of the bubbles/drips I was talking about. It looks like they repainted with clear coat. As I was taking pictures for this I found that the dealer had also damages the paint on the door above the trim. It looks like they tried to pry the trim off. Both rear door trims have the same poor paint job and paint damage in the same area. I'm not sure how they are going to repair this. As you can see the color is white diamond and if they just pt the door it will never match the rest of the car. More pic to follow. Sorry don't exactly know how to shrink these pics any smaller.

Can you post pics? Are you talking about the the black around the windows? What would they have painted, the parts are black plastic and come ready to install. When you say "painted" could they have removed them and reclear coated them?

MPLIN
02-18-12, 09:37 PM
Here is another picture

MPLIN
02-18-12, 09:38 PM
Here is the scratch above the trim on both rear doors

MPLIN
02-18-12, 09:44 PM
Here are photos of the ripples in the finish and the poor fit of the trim.

mstymntntop
02-19-12, 04:46 AM
So I had this same problem. Notice I said had...I went ahead and bought some Zaino products and thought I would give it a try on this trim issue. What I did was was applied some Zaino PC on the trim by hand and just rubbed away. One door required two times, but I no longer have the annoying look of this.

On another note. I had never heard of Zaino until a couple of weeks ago. This stuff is amazing. I have a Blue Chip Escalade and it almost looks black. I'll try to take some pictures when the rain gets out of here. I used the Z PC with a Porter Cable, then Z5, Z6, Z5, Z6, Z2, Z6, Z2, Z6, Z CS, and finally Z6. This might sound confusing, but if you go to their website, it will make sense. The site also emphasizes which towels to use. I was worried about the whole 100% US made towels and bought a few different ones from Bed Bath and Beyond. All performed the same and I can't see any swirls or scratches (wipe up/down on sides and front/back on hood).

owyz1
02-20-12, 07:07 AM
no, a recall would usually be a safety issue that the manufacturer is forced into doing ... there are often voluntary recalls that a mfg will enter into and are usually called 'customer satisfaction' campaigns

i believe that GM's position on this issue is that it is caused by harsh chemicals in some cleaning products (most commonly found in touchless car washes)
i'm not 100% sure about that though, you might want to check w/ Breanne to see if she can get an official company line on this for you

we often will offer to fix two out of the four when someone buys an escalade from us that exhibits this problem (and discount the parts to employee pricing also)

Pretty sad that we are all having this problem on a $70k vehicle and just have to deal with it if it is outside of the warranty. This could be a deal breaker for me buying another Cadillac seeing how widespread it is and no "customer satisfaction campaigns" I bought a Cadillac because of the name and its reputation, now I have peeling molding on all 4 doors ..... it looks ghetto.

48548m
02-20-12, 10:15 PM
I had my whole door repainted... Because of chips under the molding when new now 3200 miles and look at it now... Another chip.... How do they get there?

http://i421.photobucket.com/albums/pp296/48548/IMAG0099.jpg

http://i421.photobucket.com/albums/pp296/48548/IMAG0100.jpg

MPLIN
02-25-12, 03:25 AM
If you haven't already, please send us a private message so we can follow up on this situation with you and your dealership.
Regards,
Sarah (In for Breanne)

Hi Sarah or Breanne,

For some reason I'm not able to PM you. I'm logged in but don't see the PM function in my settings. I would like to follow up with you regarding the trim before I head back to the dealer. Can you try and PM me?

Thanks in advance for your help.

RippyPartsDept
02-25-12, 10:42 AM
Your account does not have PM access because the forum software regards you as a newbie due to your low post count.

MPLIN
02-25-12, 10:15 PM
Got It. Thanks for the clarification.

adamjeeps
02-27-12, 09:59 AM
Could someone tell me if these parts would "plug and play" for my 2007 Avalanche doors? I want to add EXT mirrors and do not want the gap underneath that is caused by this chrome window trim not being on my truck. Plus, my truck is black, so I think it would look awesome with this trim added. I would be happy to buy the parts from Chris if he thinks they would work, or I could be a guinea pig and try one out to see if it works and report back to the Avalanche forums I frequent.

Also, my Father-in-law has an 09 White Diamond Escalade and loves it, so I look around here sometimes to see of any issues he should know about.

I appreciate any help!

RippyPartsDept
02-27-12, 11:32 AM
i don't think they will fit ... but that's just off the top of my head ... for some reason i think the window openings are different

you'd have to get them side-by-side to get a good comparison of the doors and the windows to make sure it would fit

and then you'd only really know when you got down to doing it

adamjeeps
02-27-12, 12:57 PM
Next time I get the chance I will do some comparing.

adamjeeps
03-02-12, 04:04 PM
Next time I get the chance I will do some comparing.

Will not fit. The doors of the Caddy indent in at the top of the frame in order for the black to sit flush with the door and window. My door is smooth all the way to the top.

RippyPartsDept
03-02-12, 04:34 PM
yeah i had a feeling ...

CASTANO1
03-05-12, 11:16 PM
CASTAN01,
Is your vehicle still within the warranty? Have you talked to your local Cadillac dealer about this issue already? If you would like me to make an appointment for you, just let me know.
Breanne

Thanks but yes I have talked to them. They want 850 to fix just two out of the four that need replacing. The wind noise is crazy loud. I cant even be on the phone in the car. This is my only complaint about this car, but its a big complaint.

MPLIN
03-08-12, 04:20 AM
Sorry for the late reply to this HCVONE, I have been busy with work and have not had a chance to follow up. Attach is a picture of the bubbles/drips I was talking about. It looks like they repainted with clear coat. As I was taking pictures for this I found that the dealer had also damages the paint on the door above the trim. It looks like they tried to pry the trim off. Both rear door trims have the same poor paint job and paint damage in the same area. I'm not sure how they are going to repair this. As you can see the color is white diamond and if they just pt the door it will never match the rest of the car. More pic to follow. Sorry don't exactly know how to shrink these pics any smaller.

UPDATE
I took the ESV back to the dealer and they told me the trim came straight from GM. They did not repaint the trim. They open two other boxes in the parts dept and they had similar orange peeling. I went into the show room and looked at a brand new 2012 Escalade and sure enough the rear door trims had bad orange peel finish. The two front doors were glass smooth. I'm not sure why this is happening. My original rear door trim was glass smooth just like the fronts. I now wish I left them alone. I had two tiny bubbles forming in the corner which is less noticeable then the new ones I have now. As far as the paint damage above the rear door trim (see my pictures) the dealer told me it's a design flaw and that as the car flexes it rubs and cause the paint to be rubbed off. That's the biggest BS I ever heard. Since when does the door itself have major flex and if it were rubbing the paint wouldn't have sharp chipped edges. I made it to the dealer just before closing time so there really wasn't anyone to follow up with. I don't really have time to deal with all the back and forth with the dealer. I can't believe the poor quality of parts Caddy is putting out considering that these things cost $70k. It may be time to find something new.

----------

I had my whole door repainted... Because of chips under the molding when new now 3200 miles and look at it now... Another chip.... How do they get there?

http://i421.photobucket.com/albums/pp296/48548/IMAG0099.jpg

http://i421.photobucket.com/albums/pp296/48548/IMAG0100.jpg

48548m - While I was at the dealer looking at the rear door window trim on new Escalade's in the show room, I came across a brand new 2012 Black EXT that had two chips in the paint very similar to yours in about the same location. Looks like the problem may not be isolated to you. Both rear door window trim had very poor orange peel finish. If anyone has a 2012 model take a look and see if your rear door trim finish has bubbles and orange peel.

murphy
03-08-12, 10:41 AM
Yup tough situ you have there..you won't care that mine are perfect..but I just wanted to confirm there is lots of movement in the chasis. This may be confirmed by inserting your fingertips into the door crack above the window where the door meets the body while driving. You'll feel the movement of the door within the frame. I don't know if i's enough to damage the finish but since mine has varying degrees of window noise especially noticeable at the drivers door I cinched up the tightness of the door (which helped very little) by moving the latch post inwards ( of course the belt line no longer lines up) but the windnoise and noises from movement (creaking/crackling) has somewhat diminished..

Making this big box with all the openings completely rigid would undoubtably be an engineering feat i'm certain

48548m
03-09-12, 08:29 PM
I have also had this problem on the door that was repainted since new... I have told the dealer 4 times about it.... We will see what happens.

http://i421.photobucket.com/albums/pp296/48548/car/IMG_3388.jpg

Soldier_Escalade
03-22-12, 11:36 PM
I got a bad case of the Escalade peeling window trim sickness...My wife bought a 08 while i was deployed to A-Stan, it was a great deal for 34k with 55k Mi. on it...only problem was the heated/ coooled seats didnt work and the ugly trim pieces....Dealer fixed the seats but said they couldnt do anything about the trim....I would expect this from a Kia or a Hyundia...but a Caddy ....come'on GM get back in the game....And the funny part, all of us taxpayers are technically stock holders

bruin300
03-23-12, 01:41 AM
I got a bad case of the Escalade peeling window trim sickness...My wife bought a 08 while i was deployed to A-Stan, it was a great deal for 34k with 55k Mi. on it...only problem was the heated/ coooled seats didnt work and the ugly trim pieces....Dealer fixed the seats but said they couldnt do anything about the trim....I would expect this from a Kia or a Hyundia...but a Caddy ....come'on GM get back in the game....And the funny part, all of us taxpayers are technically stock holders

I had the same problem with my '08 Escalade. I took my truck in for the rear passenger door lock which wouldn't unlock. As I was driving away, the service adviser waved me down. He told me if it was ok with me be could changed out the Cadillac Emblems and the window trim since they where fading and could get replaced under warranty. They also did other work under warranty. I really appreciate my Caddy dealer and service advisor!!!

jdubh25
03-23-12, 11:42 PM
Crazy how some dealers will go above & beyond & others will claim there is nothing they can do...hence why I am paying $1200 on Tuesday to have all of mine replaced.

bruin300
03-24-12, 02:48 PM
For anyone in the Los Angeles Area, I Highly Recommend Crestview Cadillac in West Covina. Make sure you ask for Wayne Bristol. He knows how to take care of your vehicle. He is what all Cadillac Service Advisors should be like. He sets the standard for Cadillac.

48Dodge
05-02-12, 02:24 PM
Has anyone removed and replaced their surrounds as a DIY? If so what is involved? I'm thinking of spraying with more clear after sanding smooth. I did a small area with touch up clear and the results are very good.

Divine1Limo
06-22-12, 12:40 AM
Hey Jeff,

I have an 08 Escalade ESV that I was just talking to a body shop and one of your dealers about. Mine started peeling around 75,00-80,000 miles I am now at 125,000 I have a limousine business so we put almost 30k miles per year on the car.

The dealer told me they have to be replaced painting would not work. I just bought a 2011 that my local dealer was stuck with and I hope it does not happen to this vehicle as well. In my business appearance is everything, we deal with high profile clients and cant have shabby looking vehicles. I'm disapointed with the lack of quality, this is a 80,000 vehicle (with interest Etc) and this should not be happening. The trim on my 10 year old $20k truck does not have peeling trim. Any help would be appreciated.

Sincerely,

Cesar Diaz

Divine1Limo
06-22-12, 12:51 AM
I think it is absolutely crazy that the Escalade owner community is the only one that has kept buying these cars, and yet instead of making a better car they keep using the same cheap suppliers that use inferior paints to save a buck and we all have to pay the price. $1200 for a few trim pieces that will peel again. it's a shame worst part is you can remove them and repaint them because they use double sided tape to apply them and they will never go on again the same way.

Divine1Limo
06-22-12, 12:52 AM
sorry meant can't remove them not can

Divine1Limo
06-22-12, 12:53 AM
But then again I just bought a 2012

owyz1
06-22-12, 02:39 AM
Pretty sad that we are all having this problem on a $70k vehicle and just have to deal with it if it is outside of the warranty. This could be a deal breaker for me buying another Cadillac seeing how widespread it is and no "customer satisfaction campaigns" I bought a Cadillac because of the name and its reputation, now I have peeling molding on all 4 doors ..... it looks ghetto.

Wanting to get a new SUV because if this ........... Its more the principal that I don't think that the customers should have to pay to fix this issue regardless of mileage or warranty. It sounds like a very common issue and Cadillac should make it right.

Rustico
06-22-12, 05:44 PM
I have to put tire dressing or Wd-40 on it after each wash and it lasts for a few days...pretty sad

lpe350
07-13-12, 12:04 AM
I too have an 08 with the same issue since 55K. Make my ESV look 15 yrs older. I'd expect this to happen after 20 yrs, not 5.

MrHolland
07-13-12, 01:24 AM
I have to put tire dressing or Wd-40 on it after each wash and it lasts for a few days...pretty sad
Alhough it may mask the problem, that cant be good for it.

IgotGAME
07-16-12, 12:22 AM
I want to paint mine the same color as my truck (white diamond). Just not sure how well it will hold up, but it can't look any worse than it does now.

MrHolland
07-16-12, 12:36 AM
Either this thread or another, I think Ive read where some did paint that trim and was happy with the results

BEarle
07-16-12, 09:45 PM
I want to paint mine the same color as my truck (white diamond). Just not sure how well it will hold up, but it can't look any worse than it does now.

I had mine painted last April of 2011. It's holding up great so far. The only problem I have is it is pealing just a tiny bit around the chrome strip. I bought touch up paint and have been touching it up and you really can't tell.....

Royalton
07-17-12, 01:01 PM
I have the same thing as everyone else. It's a shame Cadillac uses such cheap paints. I had the 2 driver side sills repainted and clearcoated less than $350 looks pretty good. Only I can notice where it was repainted as the color is slightly off, but no one else can see this. I should've done both sides, now the other is peeling bad and needs to be done. Honestly I never could have imagined to even think about paint problems or repainting at the 3 year mark on any other vehicle, let alone a cadillac. But the sills looked like a 20 year old car, and the colors in the emblems also all faded off. Shame on you Caddy for cheeping out with your paint. I'm a new owner (previous Mercedes guy) and I am pretty happy with the switch except for these awful paint issues, something I would not have to deal with on any of my Benz's

RippyPartsDept
07-17-12, 01:41 PM
there's a good chance your dealer can give you new emblems under a special policy of some sort or maybe goodwill

GM/Cadillac surely doesn't want their vehicles out there with faded emblems

We give away emblems all the time to our customers who come in for oil changes, warranty work, etc
the only people who pay for emblems are the ones who are not in the computer system and never been here before and they get them discounted

FRISBEE
07-19-12, 04:05 PM
I'm on my second set and they are starting to peel, I going to scuff them up and clear coat them the third time around. Since were on the subject of crappy parts how about those great outside door handles!! oh has anyones power cord to the back glass tab broke off?? and we can forget about the latch assembly on the upper consul lid broke.LMAO plastic crap.....

Rustico
07-20-12, 02:32 PM
I'm on my second set and they are starting to peel, I going to scuff them up and clear coat them the third time around. Since were on the subject of crappy parts how about those great outside door handles!! oh has anyones power cord to the back glass tab broke off?? and we can forget about the latch assembly on the upper consul lid broke.LMAO plastic crap.....

For the rear defront tab that broke off I tucked the whole wire into the the rear panel.

I have the same thing as everyone else. It's a shame Cadillac uses such cheap paints. I had the 2 driver side sills repainted and clearcoated less than $350 looks pretty good. Only I can notice where it was repainted as the color is slightly off, but no one else can see this. I should've done both sides, now the other is peeling bad and needs to be done. Honestly I never could have imagined to even think about paint problems or repainting at the 3 year mark on any other vehicle, let alone a cadillac. But the sills looked like a 20 year old car, and the colors in the emblems also all faded off. Shame on you Caddy for cheeping out with your paint. I'm a new owner (previous Mercedes guy) and I am pretty happy with the switch except for these awful paint issues, something I would not have to deal with on any of my Benz's

For the rear faded emblem I colored it in with a red sharpie. For the faded peeling window trim I dab it every few days with wd-40.

Nice Ride
07-24-12, 11:08 AM
Interesting, I have a 09 ESV Plat. 40+ mi. I have been checking the emblems & trim very closely, no issues spotted for the past 6 months, then all of a sudden, drivers side started pealing. In a matter of one week.... I usually wash and wax the truck every week or two, so I'm very familiar with little things going wrong. Check this stuff often, it can happen that quickly. Only the drivers window. Still under factory warr, so should not be a problem...

IgotGAME
09-10-12, 01:09 AM
Resurrecting this thread with a crazy thought I have.

I've been wanting to get my pillars and gloss trim painted to match my truck color, but I'm not sure I want to do that yet so I thought of something.

I'm sure you've seen these commercials for this product "Wipe new" and I've been reading about it online and watching videos and I am just curious if using this on the gloss black trim/pillars on my truck would hide the clear coat peel or make them look new again. I actually saw a video where they were using this stuff on the paint of an old car to make it look new again and it looks amazing. Most reviews I've been reading say they've seen fantastic results. I just wonder if it could make a difference in the gloss black trim we all are having trouble with. Seems kind of a long shot, but at this point I think it may be worth a shot to try it out and see what the results looks like. I mean for $35 it may be worth a shot.

Nice Ride
09-11-12, 10:47 AM
Well one month later and the rear door drivers side is a mess also. This all happened within the past few months. Passenger side is fine. Drivers side gets direct sun, so must be related to my new parking spot. Still under the B to B so I'm going to hold off till the end.
Question, if you have the dealer inspect the issue and it is covered up.

RippyPartsDept
09-11-12, 02:06 PM
why hold off until the end?

lee88
09-11-12, 10:13 PM
why hold off until the end?

I'm guessing to get everything that happens up until then fixed at once?

Nice Ride
09-12-12, 04:51 AM
So the replacements will last that much longer. I guess I'm about a year away from the end of the B to B. I purchased the GM extended Warr, and I know this would not be covered.

RippyPartsDept
09-12-12, 01:14 PM
I just cleared my inbox...

I see your point about waiting as long as possible so the fixed parts will last

just do your dealer a favor and don't bring them a huge laundry list of fixes to perform a week before your B2B expires

if you have a long list of stuff for them to fix try and split it up into a couple visits

and don't do it all at the last minute ... get it taken care of at least a month before you're out of the B2B

Nice Ride
09-13-12, 09:57 AM
Thanks Chris! I tried to pm you on another issue, your box was full :(

Question:
What is the red wire for under the master cylinder? I have seen this on other trucks. It is taped to the wire harness. I took off the tape and it had a round connector on it. Strange that they would leave a wire like that.

Was this the wire for the heated washer system?
Can I install the system back in the truck, I don't want to do it with the system active all the time, I like that when you activate the system, it heats the fluid, does the wash, then waits and does the cycle over again a few times.
Can I purchase the factory switch and is the wiring behind the console to connect it.

Thanks for making this forum Great!

RippyPartsDept
09-13-12, 10:38 AM
it's very possible that it was for the heated washer system and as far as I know you can add it back in

many people were taking the $100 rebate that they got for having the option removed and spending $60 on an aftermarket unit

there's a few threads ... therm-a-something was the name of the a/m unit i think

Nice Ride
09-14-12, 09:36 AM
Thanks, I found the Co. But no one can figure out that wire or know about the factory switch and if the rest of the wires are there (Alpha therm is the co.).
The product the have runs every time you start the car ( winter or summer ) it stays on till you shut the car off.

Two major issues with this...
Constantly taxing the electrical system ( draws a lot of amps )
After the first press of your washer, you must wait for the system to heat the fluid again.

Factory system
When you press the button on the console, the system turns on and heats the fluid, then runs a wash cycle, then stops heats more fluid then starts the cycle again, it will do this automatically several times.

The product can still be purchased and hooked to the factory wires, but no one can answer the question about how it works ( programming needed, reinstall what fuses, factory switch where to purchase, is the wiring harness for the factory switch still active etc. )

You ask any GM dealer and the immediately call over anyone standing around them and make fun of you about how your car or truck is going to burn in hell if you touch the system.

They want nothing to do with it for obvious reasons, but hopefully someone can provide us with the parts and procedure....

Thought maybe you have some connections ( no pun intended ) to get this feature working again.

Thanks for the response.... Not sure how to move this to the proper thread.

tiny73
09-18-12, 07:30 PM
Hi Jeff,
I was wondering if you have any suggestions for the gloss black trim around windows peeling. I have a 07 Escalade with 70K miles thanks...

RippyPartsDept
09-19-12, 11:12 AM
tiny,

which jeff are you talking to?

tiny73
09-20-12, 02:40 PM
Hi Jeff,
Any suggestions from you would be most welcome thanks...

Royalton
09-20-12, 05:08 PM
There is no fix for the sills except having a body shop repaint them with a good quality paint. Covering them up with wd40, petroleum, or black wax is very temporary, will not cover it completely, nor fix the issue at hand (crap quality gm paint) if you get it done at a shop I would price all 4 sills, as once one starts peeling the other 3 are weeks away from peeling too. might want to apply a wax to it after it's next washing too.

After the shop finishes it no one else will be able to tell it ever peeled.... but you probably will know since it's nearly impossible to color match and fade it just right. I know every time i see the fade line on it I pretty much curse GM in my head.

timbertoy
09-20-12, 10:45 PM
Dear Cadillac rep.

If you are listening I reported that my 2008 EXT Escalade had " DOOR TRIM" peeling issues way before 36k miles and it was not addressed by the dealer ( just not done ), Now when I bring it back after paying the extended warantee - It seems it has to be looked at by a rep. This is total BS. For what I paid for a CADILLAC and reported the defect - STAND BEHIND YOUR PRODUCT!!!!!!! I am so pissed. Can you help????

Wayne

Cadillac Cust Svc
09-21-12, 10:56 AM
Dear Cadillac rep.
If you are listening I reported that my 2008 EXT Escalade had " DOOR TRIM" peeling issues way before 36k miles and it was not addressed by the dealer ( just not done ), Now when I bring it back after paying the extended warantee - It seems it has to be looked at by a rep. This is total BS. For what I paid for a CADILLAC and reported the defect - STAND BEHIND YOUR PRODUCT!!!!!!! I am so pissed. Can you help????Wayne
Wayne, I would definitely be glad to explore your next steps with you and can understand how you feel! Is your Escalade still at your dealership? At your convenience, please email me at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com with the following information: full name, address, phone, last eight of your VIN, current mileage, and dealership information. Then, I can begin setting up a service request (case) that would allow me to contact your dealer on your behalf and work towards a resolution.

I am not working this weekend, so if you would prefer more immediate assistance while I am away, please don't hesitate to contact my counterparts at our Cadillac Customer Assistance Center. They are reachable at 800-458-8006, and their hours are Mon to Sat, 8am to 9pm ET.

Looking forward to working with you,

Katie

timbertoy
09-27-12, 08:44 PM
Thanks Katie,

Will see what happens at the dealership with your input. Very interested to see how Cadillac has input with a certified dealership. I e-mailed to you all your requested information. Thank you very much for your input and help.

Sincerely.

Wayne / Timbertoy

timbertoy
10-03-12, 11:45 PM
bump

tattoorific
10-14-12, 01:03 PM
Anyone have the part numbers for these? That's where my wind noise is coming from. I can see broken clips and they are a little loose. Thanks.

RippyPartsDept
10-15-12, 10:32 AM
i can get you the part numbers but i'll need to know what body-style your escalade is ... the rears doors are different sizes between the regular and the ext/esv (and that makes these window frames different between the two wheelbases)

johnpg
10-15-12, 07:34 PM
Could you label which item number is for what side(passenger/driver) and rear/front. I need the Passenger side Front and Rear trim pieces for a 07 EXT. I dont know how to tell which is which because all the sites use Left side and Right side haha.

RippyPartsDept
10-15-12, 11:20 PM
Left is driver side always.

Shoot me a pm, email me or at least reply here so ill be notified/reminded to check on this tomorrow. I'll post up as much as I can find about these - all the body styles and years.

tattoorific
10-16-12, 09:18 AM
i can get you the part numbers but i'll need to know what body-style your escalade is ... the rears doors are different sizes between the regular and the ext/esv (and that makes these window frames different between the two wheelbases)

Its the regular size one (base) platinum. Thank you.

RippyPartsDept
10-16-12, 06:07 PM
here's the current info that i'm able to pull up

front door window frames (both regular escalade and ext/esv 2007-2010)
20772075 - drvr
20772074 - pass

front door window frames (both regular escalade and ext/esv 2011-2013)
20972289 - drvr
20972288 - pass

rear door window frames (regular escalade only 2007-2013)
20772078 - drvr
20772079 - pass

rear door window frames (ext and esv 2007-2013)
20772076 - drvr
20772077 - pass

(i'm not quite sure what changed in 2011 for the fronts, and it may be nothing besides a supersession

Aerocoupe
10-16-12, 10:09 PM
The Cadillac Dealership here in Houston told me that they would have to replace both front reveals to cure the wind noise and were going to help me with taking $1200 out of my wallet so as to alleviate my back pains. I was trying to look on the bright side of the cost estimate they gave me.

I took it to a friend who owns a body shop back home and he drove it and then inspected the doors. Rolled the windows down, put his kneed in the door panel and gently reshaped the top of the door by pulling it in towards him a couple times on each door. He looked at me and said the problem was fixed so we took it out for a spin and no wind leaks. I was not nice either, I put that 402 hp to work and there was no wind leaks.

Next we are pulling the reveals and for $300 he will paint them and help me reinstall them. At 109K on the clock this is the route I am going and when the paint is dry this thing is getting sold. I will never and I mean never buy another Caddy, the price tag is not worth what you get...hit and miss service centers, no rhyme or reason recalls (interior door handles but not the reveals), and quality (not style or looks) that you can buy in a $20K Chevy Malibu.

Darren

tattoorific
10-17-12, 12:35 PM
here's the current info that i'm able to pull up

front door window frames (both regular escalade and ext/esv 2007-2010)
20772075 - drvr
20772074 - pass

front door window frames (both regular escalade and ext/esv 2011-2013)
20972289 - drvr
20972288 - pass

rear door window frames (regular escalade only 2007-2013)
20772078 - drvr
20772079 - pass

rear door window frames (ext and esv 2007-2013)
20772076 - drvr
20772077 - pass

(i'm not quite sure what changed in 2011 for the fronts, and it may be nothing besides a supersession

Got thanks I found them for 180.00 each. Ouch! I think this should be a recall. Only 23k and already fading and causing the wind noise.

RippyPartsDept
10-17-12, 01:21 PM
good price!

my best price is $205 each (207720xx numers)
($145 for the 20972289 and 20972288)

timbertoy
10-18-12, 08:47 PM
Dear Katie Cadillac customer service rep.
You contacted me about my peeling trim - that was now weeks ago. I have tryed two seperate times to contact you by e-mail with NO reply. Whats going on??????? Is this how Cadillac deals with customers? You said you would contact my dealer and Have herd NOTHING from you. Cant you even respond to e-Mails?

Wayne

Cadillac Cust Svc
10-19-12, 02:37 PM
Dear Katie Cadillac customer service rep.
You contacted me about my peeling trim - that was now weeks ago. I have tryed two seperate times to contact you by e-mail with NO reply. Whats going on??????? Is this how Cadillac deals with customers? You said you would contact my dealer and Have herd NOTHING from you. Cant you even respond to e-Mails?

Wayne

Wayne, I'm so sorry for the delay! I've been working on your case and sent you an email with updates this morning. If you haven't received this email, please let me know and I will resend it by the end of my business day today.

Looking forward to your email reply,

Katie

kazza93203
10-21-12, 12:05 AM
Wayne, I'm so sorry for the delay! I've been working on your case and sent you an email with updates this morning. If you haven't received this email, please let me know and I will resend it by the end of my business day today.

Looking forward to your email reply,

Katie

Yea I laugh every time I see this! Seems like a automated message saying leave your concerns and I'll try to get back to you. I guess they forgot the password to retrieve their messages. 😄

Ghost Deany
11-23-12, 09:39 PM
Anyone try the vinyl wrap on top of the black trim? Shops can vinyl wrap a whole car etc.

ryanwood86
11-23-12, 10:39 PM
My 09 ESV is doing it too and the plastic chrome door trim is bubbling some. Sad, such an expensive truck with some cheap parts.

MrHolland
11-24-12, 12:18 AM
Anyone try the vinyl wrap on top of the black trim? Shops can vinyl wrap a whole car etc.
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-escalade-ext-esv-forum-2007/274864-premium-platinum-front-dual-exhaust-rear.html

Ghost Deany
11-24-12, 12:48 PM
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-escalade-ext-esv-forum-2007/274864-premium-platinum-front-dual-exhaust-rear.html

I am def. going to do this when i get around to it. He wrapped the entire thing, going to see if a place can wrap only the black area and leave the chrome uncovered.

48Dodge
11-24-12, 01:27 PM
I am def. going to do this when i get around to it. He wrapped the entire thing, going to see if a place can wrap only the black area and leave the chrome uncovered.

Let us know how this goes!

FlipEXT
12-03-12, 11:30 PM
This is for sure an issue with the type of material Cadilac is using. I hope they get it together moving forward....

clearwater68
04-13-13, 03:45 PM
Jeff,

I have the window trim issue on my 2008 Escalade ESV with 69k miles. Can you please help me out with this issue?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Greg Blankenship
256-227-1598

Rich08
04-13-13, 05:40 PM
I use meguire ultimate black plastic restorer for this and it works for a while it cost around 7 bucks. 106720

clk199
06-11-13, 09:33 PM
Thanks for all of the info on this, folks! I just bought a 2008 EXT with this issue,,, all windows have it! The interesting thing, this vehicle spent much of its time inside, and oh yea has 2600 miles on it. 26 hundred, NOT thousand! I just bought it, and am still driving my 04 until I make it to the DMV to register and plate it, but it was one of the first things I noticed... well that and the poor looking emblems! My 04 emblems look better! These defects threw me for a loop... I had the vehicle on a lift, the undercareage is spotless, tires perfect, inside without flaw WHILE the trim and emblems look like $&!*!!!!Still need to get it inspected and emmisions for VA, so I will see what Caddy says about this... outside of BTB warranty, but still a year left on GMPP... purchased in 09 and 2600 miles makes mine an interesting case for sure!!!Thanks!nate

Dukes44
07-17-13, 08:29 PM

I'm not certain if you are still available to help me Jeff. I have a 2009 Escalade and all 4 window moldings are peeling and I only have my CPO Warrenty. I am the only owner of the truck. My dealer will not replace them because they said I am out of my bumper to bumper Warrenty. Please contact me regarding this . RJDukes44@aol.com or 215-300-0860

Cadillac Cust Svc
07-18-13, 11:42 AM
I'm not certain if you are still available to help me Jeff. I have a 2009 Escalade and all 4 window moldings are peeling and I only have my CPO Warrenty. I am the only owner of the truck. My dealer will not replace them because they said I am out of my bumper to bumper Warrenty. Please contact me regarding this . RJDukes44@aol.com or 215-300-0860

Hello Dukes44,

I wanted to let you know I have reached out to you regarding this concern via Email. I will be sure to be on the lookout for any response I receive back from you via Email.

Regards,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

CheekoDaBoss
07-18-13, 03:31 PM
Hello Dukes44,

I wanted to let you know I have reached out to you regarding this concern via Email. I will be sure to be on the lookout for any response I receive back from you via Email.

Regards,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

Hi Laura,
Do you think you can help me out? The trim on my 2010 Escalade is fading/peeling as well. Dealer told me they won't honor it through the bumper to bumper and to take it to a body shop. I'm still under 50k but getting close. My email is bluerocket4000@yahoo.com

-Sean

Cadillac Cust Svc
07-18-13, 04:19 PM
Hi Laura,
Do you think you can help me out? The trim on my 2010 Escalade is fading/peeling as well. Dealer told me they won't honor it through the bumper to bumper and to take it to a body shop. I'm still under 50k but getting close. My email is bluerocket4000@yahoo.com

-Sean

Hello Sean,

I will Email you with the address you provided me. I will gather information from you and see what options we can explore from there.

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

SpyShops NY
07-18-13, 08:07 PM
I just had to replace the drivers side. The passenger side looks ok but probably next year I will do them as well. The dent wizard messed up mines but mines was also pealing but after the dent wizard messed up mines I replaced mines.

ESVFan
07-28-13, 07:18 PM
Laura - can you assist me with my 2009 ESV and the paint pealing on my rear passenger door window. My email is golfman2410@gmail.com.

Dennis

MrHolland
07-28-13, 11:39 PM
Never a good idea to put your personal email in a public forum.

Cadillac Cust Svc
07-29-13, 10:23 AM
Laura - can you assist me with my 2009 ESV and the paint pealing on my rear passenger door window. My email is golfman2410@gmail.com.

Dennis

Hello Dennis,

I will Email you and we can further discuss this issue.

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

jkwext
07-29-13, 09:49 PM
Laura,

I am not sure what you can do to help, but my '07 EXT is peeling really bad around the door trim on the front right door. Please PM me if there is anything you can do to help. Thank you very much.

Justin

----------

BTW, my truck only has 47k miles on it.

hrpatel17926
07-30-13, 09:19 AM
Jkwext,

Let us know if Laura is able to help, I have an 07 and had all the trim front and back replaced at 30k now at 60k its worse than before. I have just lived with it as the other items that are common issues with these trucks. Instead of getting them repainted I am working with one of my buddies that does vinyl graphics and he is going to cut me some gloss black vinyl hopefully I can get it to work.

Cadillac Cust Svc
07-30-13, 12:45 PM
Laura,

I am not sure what you can do to help, but my '07 EXT is peeling really bad around the door trim on the front right door. Please PM me if there is anything you can do to help. Thank you very much.

Justin

----------

BTW, my truck only has 47k miles on it.

Hello Justin,

I am more than happy to look into this for you. I have sent you a PM. We can continue to interact that way.

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

CheekoDaBoss
08-06-13, 07:54 AM
Never a good idea to put your personal email in a public forum.

Very true but I have email addresses that I use for public forums and purchases where I don't mind the spam and then I have a private personal email for family and friends. I have at least five email addresses :-)

Royalton
08-07-13, 02:34 AM
Can I ask what exactly it is that you can do??? I mean no disrespect in any way it's just all I ever see from Cadillac customer service on the forum is pm me the last xxx of your vin and I will see what we can do, but cadillac is clearly not covering the window trims that every single lade I have ever seen over 1 year old has this issue. Do you just look up the closest dealership in their area and simple direct them there? Or are you actually getting this issue covered for some people? Maybe I am missing something? I have 2 escalades and had to repaint all 8 sills at $150 per sill a few months ago, both are garaged and have less than 50k miles. Would like to see the next gen not have this issue.

Hello Justin,

I am more than happy to look into this for you. I have sent you a PM. We can continue to interact that way.

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

Cadillac Cust Svc
08-07-13, 04:43 PM
Can I ask what exactly it is that you can do??? I mean no disrespect in any way it's just all I ever see from Cadillac customer service on the forum is pm me the last xxx of your vin and I will see what we can do, but cadillac is clearly not covering the window trims that every single lade I have ever seen over 1 year old has this issue. Do you just look up the closest dealership in their area and simple direct them there? Or are you actually getting this issue covered for some people? Maybe I am missing something? I have 2 escalades and had to repaint all 8 sills at $150 per sill a few months ago, both are garaged and have less than 50k miles. Would like to see the next gen not have this issue.

Hello Royalton,

We are here to assist our customers any way possible. We listen to concerns and issues, research and explore options from there and connect the customer with the appropriate person or team who can further assist them. We are a liaison between the customer and dealership, as well as other teams at General Motors. We direct customers to dealerships, because if an issue is covered under warranty, or cost assistance can be granted, the vehicle needs a GM certified dealership to diagnose the vehicle. We ask customers to private message us because it's personal information we do not want public. It is easier for us to interact back and forth quicker via private message. We look at each customer issue on a case-by-case basis. Without knowing the exact details of your situation, I cannot say why your window trim on your Escalade's were not covered. If you would like to further discuss this with me, I am more than happy to do so via private message or Email at socialmedia@gm.com.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

dcarrer0
12-24-13, 11:47 AM
I have this same fading/peeling problem on my 08 esv. Any...cheap solutions? Cant find anything on ebay. Tnx.

fivepix
12-25-13, 02:28 PM
@dcarrer0, unfortunately if you're out of the bumper-to-bumper warranty there is very little you can do. If you have an amazing relationship with the dealership you could try to get some sort of deal (usually only works if you've purchased multiple vehicles from them :/ ). Here are some other options:

A. You can try to find a new set on Ebay, which is hard since there pieces are fairly expensive and hard to find specially if you need all 4 pieces. Please note issue might show up in a few years since it's an issue with the material used.

B. Find a good body shop and have them repaint the trim pieces, not cheap but will solve the issue.

C. I've also heard of people installing 3M Vehicle Vinyl wrap over the pieces - not sure how expensive this is or what the result looks like, I'm assuming it's not too bad as long as a professional does the install?

D. Find a salvage yard, you might get luck and find a set that are in good shape.

----------

I guess another cheaper solution is to get aftermarket pillars and trim pieces, I'm not a big fan tho.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cadillac-Escalade-07-12-Piano-Black-Pillar-Post-Window-Body-Door-Trim-Cover-/140865533678?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3AEscalade&hash=item20cc3d76ee&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CADILLAC-ESCALADE-EXT-SUV-2002-2006-TFP-CHROME-WINDOW-SILL-TRIM-INSERT-/250953358595?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3AEscalade&hash=item3a6dfc5d03&vxp=mtr

dcarrer0
12-28-13, 12:40 AM
I did on my 08 esv. Used black shoe polish from walmart. Perfect fix...imo!

Mikes07
02-24-14, 01:25 PM
Cadillac service reps can't do anything for you unless you have a b2b warranty, so seeing as how this is my thrid escalade with this issue I'll just have to spend more money and fix it my self. My concern on painting them is getting them on and off without breaking them. I think the vinyl wrap is the way to go. Warranty or not cadillac should do something about this issue. Def puts a bad taste in everyone's mouth!

dzar
02-24-14, 03:23 PM
My philosophy on this issue is that I will let them look like crap so that every time I have a friend or family member near my vehicle and they ask about it I can say how Cadillac != quality, today. I figure if Cadillac doesn't care about poor quality trim and looks, why should I? Yes, it looks awful and started well before the 50K b2b warranty expired for me, but my lousy dealer (who is now our of business) refused to fix them under warranty; claimed "wear and tear."

Mikes07
02-24-14, 09:37 PM
Couldn't agree more!!

Dear cadillac cust. Service,
I'm writing this reply so that you can print this out so that all the big wigs know that there 60k suv's are out there with possible vinyl wraps on the window moldings! Lol what a joke. It's that the common response is oh sorry it's out of warranty, or oh your the second owner.... Blah frickin blah!. This is my second 07 and it has 60k on it. It's cherry! I'm the second owner. The only sign of age is those god dam plastic peeling moldings, that I have to spend a fortune on new ones or figure out a ghetto fix! Guess when my rims peel I'll find some chrome duck tape..... Ok enough said. I'm done with this.