: Is this the guy to beat? May be a repost...

e6t
04-07-11, 12:47 AM
Super fast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNTl38xi6Bg

DrumStix
04-07-11, 05:42 AM
A 'chute on the street? nice.

<begins flipping though racing safety gear catalog>

jordan00escalade
04-07-11, 05:57 AM
lol (above post)... and about that V on youtube. You might need a head start to catch that thing.

jrcmlc
04-07-11, 08:57 AM
We used to have a few mustangs, like thatone, here on the street...always super-angry when I walked them with a camaro that hadn't been washed in a week that looked all stock. :-) You could get the same reaction out of viper guys too. LOL

Joe

cbloveday
04-07-11, 11:34 AM
That is the leader on our 1/4 mile ET & Mods chart.

He is the guy I am trying to run down this year. Always good to have something to work for.

gOt BoOsT
04-07-11, 12:23 PM
anybody know what suspension is on that 9 sec cad?

V-Eight
04-07-11, 12:28 PM
We used to have a few mustangs, like thatone, here on the street...always super-angry when I walked them with a camaro that hadn't been washed in a week that looked all stock. :-) You could get the same reaction out of viper guys too. LOL

Joe

That must've felt good.

PhxTriode
04-07-11, 01:43 PM
I am pretty sure that is 600 CTS-V's car who is at the top of the 1/4 mile sticky

wfo
04-07-11, 03:40 PM
anybody know what suspension is on that 9 sec cad?

Ditto-Anyone know if that is OEM suspension on that 9 sec car?

gnxs
04-07-11, 04:05 PM
Ditto-Anyone know if that is OEM suspension on that 9 sec car?
From what I can gather, yes it is.

RippyPartsDept
04-07-11, 04:07 PM
yeah he posted the video back a couple months when it was current

wetcoast
04-07-11, 05:12 PM
Nice, my post was removed. Coulda just said something.

JimmyH
04-07-11, 06:42 PM
then don't make street racing posts

wetcoast
04-07-11, 06:43 PM
then don't make street racing posts

Sorry, I didn't see any racing in that video.

JimmyH
04-07-11, 06:56 PM
this thread is doomed. I am just trying to prolong it for you guys. street racing talk always starts, eventually.

wetcoast
04-07-11, 06:57 PM
So as a paying member I can't make any posts that may or may not lead to street racing?

Where is that in the agreement/rules?

http://www.cadillacforums.com/agreement.html

gOt BoOsT
04-07-11, 07:10 PM
*back on topic* so those are stock struts/shocks with lowering springs...hmmm thats a damn good 60' and e.t.!

wetcoast
04-07-11, 07:56 PM
*back on topic* so those are stock struts/shocks with lowering springs...hmmm thats a damn good 60' and e.t.!

Sorry, you're right

dvandentop
04-07-11, 08:08 PM
c5 z06 rears it looks like wonder what kinda tires, glad the rears are alot better then olde v1 rears, the v1 rear woulda fell apart on that launch

jweymar
04-07-11, 11:18 PM
Nice! Why is it so bad to talk about street racing? A lot of sites have whole sections just for street racing...

Razorecko
04-08-11, 12:13 AM
Nice! Why is it so bad to talk about street racing? A lot of sites have whole sections just for street racing...

'cause alot of times it'll drag law enforcement back....you'd be suprised how they keep tabs on the Interwebz

jrcmlc
04-08-11, 12:28 AM
Did the video of the mustang get removed I guess?

Joe

600+ CTS-V
04-08-11, 09:30 AM
A friend of mine is finishing up his warhawk 427 with twin precision 67 and rossler trans. So I shouldn't be on top for long. I am making some changes as I have not been able to spray my full 200 shot yet but that will change. It will be interesting to see how close I can run with all of the aftermarket blocks and big cubic inch motors? I can't wait to see?

cbloveday
04-08-11, 10:56 AM
I would be interested in knowing what Rossler did to the trans. When I spoke to Carl it seemed like he wanted the tranny to fail first then repair.

Perhaps so he could determine weak links?

Razorecko
04-08-11, 11:32 AM
Hey 600 / did you run that time on the stock lsa block ? I was wondering if there were any apparent benefits of doing the warhawk over the lsx but it seemed the warhawk being still relatively new hasn't had that much hard data on it

cbloveday
04-08-11, 11:41 AM
I think he is forged with LSA block

Florian
04-08-11, 11:42 AM
So as a paying member I can't make any posts that may or may not lead to street racing?

Where is that in the agreement/rules?

http://www.cadillacforums.com/agreement.html

Do not discuss, suggest, engage, or encourage any illegal activity on the forums

whats not to understand? Street racing is illegal.

F

Florian
04-08-11, 11:44 AM

someone gets hurt or killed as a result, legal types get involved and its all in print for all to see. What dont you get? :cookoo: :annoyed:

F

Ketzer
04-08-11, 01:20 PM
Do not discuss, suggest, engage, or encourage any illegal activity on the forums

F

He understands F, if he's into street to begin with, he doesn't care much for rules or others lives.
You definately DO NOT have to e'splain yourself. If a MODERATOR says don't do it, apologize and move on. Anything else is just being a dissack.

Jeff-

wetcoast
04-08-11, 02:06 PM

F

I really didn't mean to argue but there was no "racing" in that video. I guess speeding is illegal but I didn't get a radar reading.

JimmyH
04-08-11, 03:04 PM
I never said posting that video was against the rules. It is the discussion that usually follows those kind of posts that gets threads deleted. I am trying to help you (by keeping the thread open) not censor you. I don't have any problem explaining myself. Too often people think we are the enemy. But we are not. We started off as green forum members just like anyone else.

PhxTriode
04-08-11, 03:46 PM
Hey 600 / did you run that time on the stock lsa block ? I was wondering if there were any apparent benefits of doing the warhawk over the lsx but it seemed the warhawk being still relatively new hasn't had that much hard data on it

I believe the warhawk is aluminum and the LSX is cast iron so the choice would be RHS or Warhawk for aluminum.

cbloveday
04-08-11, 04:14 PM
For us budget builders, the RHS is big $$$$$.

PhxTriode
04-08-11, 05:53 PM
Warhawk is up there too. Cast Iron is cheaper but am waiting to see at what weight cost. Curtis do you happen to have the weight of your car before the LSX?

cbloveday
04-08-11, 06:59 PM
No but Jesse said the bowtie engine weighs 50lbs more.

The engine block itself weighs 225lbs. Not sure what the LSA block weighs.

I got a very light rotating assembly with LS7 heads.

My perspective is a race engine block for $2,500.

I'll take it over the $4,500 RHS and put the saved dollars into internals.

We'll see if I made the right decision & right now I am comfortable with it.

CVP33
04-08-11, 10:00 PM
Damn, almost caught the fastest LX. '07 Charger Superbee ran 9.71 @ 146mph. We're all going to be at VMP in Petersburg, VA. Got a feeling the record will be falling to below 9.50.

600+ CTS-V
04-08-11, 11:14 PM
No but Jesse said the bowtie engine weighs 50lbs more.

The engine block itself weighs 225lbs. Not sure what the LSA block weighs.

I got a very light rotating assembly with LS7 heads.

My perspective is a race engine block for $2,500.

I'll take it over the $4,500 RHS and put the saved dollars into internals.

We'll see if I made the right decision & right now I am comfortable with it.

I think if you are going to make more than 1000 HP which I don't think the drive train in these cars will hold up to its good to go after market block. I personally would of gone with a rhs as it is lighter no need to add weight to an already heavy car. Im pretty sure the lsx block is 100lbs heavier than a stock block.The reason I stuck with the stock block is I didnt see the need to go after market block. Lots of extra money spent for nothing. If I wanted to make 1000HP then maybe? I already have one race car don't need another one. I also thought of going bigger cubes and I just couldn't see driving around on a regular basis on a motor like that. Plus my stock displacement motor runs pretty good and I drive it every day.
I can't wait to see the difference between your monster motor and my little peewee.
When are you going to go to the track? You should have some good weather now in your area?

cbloveday
04-08-11, 11:26 PM
Getting it tuned on the dyno Sunday. I hope to be at the track the following weekend.
I too am very interested in seeing what this build will do.

I waffled with the RHS vs LSX and ultimately choose the LSX.
It came down to my budget.

I will say, Jesse made quite a few financial concessions for me to get this done.

Razorecko
04-09-11, 12:29 AM
Hey 600, can you throw out the specs of what was done to your motor ? If anything could you pm me the info ?

JimmyH
04-09-11, 01:03 PM
Damn, almost caught the fastest LX. '07 Charger Superbee ran 9.71 @ 146mph. We're all going to be at VMP in Petersburg, VA. Got a feeling the record will be falling to below 9.50.

hey chris. haven't seen you around here in a while, eh? how's the diff? :lol:

CVP33
04-09-11, 03:00 PM
Sweet. Upgraded to a LSD Getrag from an '09 Challenger. Car's in the shop right now. After 102,000 worry free miles and finally taking her off the road as my daily driver, it was time to do everything I've wanted to do but didn't dare. I'll be picking her up on the 16th and then attending the LX throwdown on April 22nd at VMP. We added the following:

BC racing coilovers
Forged 6.1 shortblock HHP/BES
Springs, retainers, chrome moly pushrods
HHP Stage 4 blower cam
Dual pump fuel system upgrade
Phenolic Spacers
NGK 2 steps colder plugs
ATI overdrive crank pulley (run the P1SC up to 12psi)
80# injectors
New race BOV
Mopar TCM
Titanium backing plates for brakes
Auxiliary Oil Cooler
Getrag upgraded clutch pack
Punched CATs
Billy Boat full polished exhaust
New OE wheels for everyday
New OE track wheels
M&H racemaster drag radials 325/40/18

Should be good for 615+rwhp, very low 11's, maybe even a high ten with good weather and great track prep.

JimmyH
04-09-11, 03:11 PM
I am surprised you are not in a V2 yet. I didn't think mopar would keep you this long. How about the "new" hemi?

cbloveday
04-09-11, 04:38 PM
Nice Chris, Very Nice

CVP33
04-09-11, 06:59 PM
I do love the new V2, what's not to love? It's a great base to build on from what I've read and appears to really hold up to abuse and added power. If I'd jumped in earlier, who knows, I'd probably be putting all this mod money into a V2. I'm just too far down this road now and really getting the SRT8 where I want it.

I don't care much for the new Hemi. Don't get me wrong, the new 300C has come light years ahead in interior fit, finish and materials - but they just cheaped out on the motor. It's a 5.7 based 6.4L with VVT. This pretty much kills any discussion about supercharging the motor in any way. So although the 465 flywheel horsepower number is impressive, I'm already at 526 rear wheel horsepower on my way to 615+. Can't really see a reason to move into a '12 SRT8.

600+ CTS-V
04-09-11, 08:34 PM
Hey 600, can you throw out the specs of what was done to your motor ? If anything could you pm me the info ?

Stock crank
Stock block
Calies I beam rods
Stock ported heads with stock valves and rockers
Comp cams off the shelf cam
After market pushrods
Je custom pistons stock bore and compression
Stock blower unported
Kooks headers with high flow cats and magnaflow exhaust
Stock transmision and converter
Stock fuel system with bigger injectors
Upper and lower pullies.
This is the whole build on the car. Its a pretty simple build.

neuronbob
04-10-11, 02:41 AM
Can't wait for my car to get to 100k miles. Once I take it out of daily driver rotation....oh the things I will do to it.....only 75.5k to go....looking for every excuse and long trip to get there.... Guys like 600 and cbloveday are my heroes....

JimmyH
04-10-11, 08:07 PM
I do love the new V2, what's not to love? It's a great base to build on from what I've read and appears to really hold up to abuse and added power. If I'd jumped in earlier, who knows, I'd probably be putting all this mod money into a V2. I'm just too far down this road now and really getting the SRT8 where I want it.

I don't care much for the new Hemi. Don't get me wrong, the new 300C has come light years ahead in interior fit, finish and materials - but they just cheaped out on the motor. It's a 5.7 based 6.4L with VVT. This pretty much kills any discussion about supercharging the motor in any way. So although the 465 flywheel horsepower number is impressive, I'm already at 526 rear wheel horsepower on my way to 615+. Can't really see a reason to move into a '12 SRT8.

you can't do FI on a VVT engine? They are putting maggies on the L99 in the Camaro, that has VVT (albeit a very simplified version)

You know my disdain for srt, but I will admit, that new Challenger is very very cool.

Razorecko
04-10-11, 08:31 PM
Stock crank
Stock block
Calies I beam rods
Stock ported heads with stock valves and rockers
Comp cams off the shelf cam
After market pushrods
Je custom pistons stock bore and compression
Stock blower unported
Kooks headers with high flow cats and magnaflow exhaust
Stock transmision and converter
Stock fuel system with bigger injectors
Upper and lower pullies.
This is the whole build on the car. Its a pretty simple build.

Very nice, so how much power are you putting down ? I'm guessing you're spraying the piss out of it :D

600+ CTS-V
04-11-11, 03:33 PM
Very nice, so how much power are you putting down ? I'm guessing you're spraying the piss out of it :D

I have made from 655 to 673 on the blower depending on the dyno I used. 865 on the spray. I am spraying a 200 shot with a progressive controller. I have not been able to spray the full 200 yet as the stock trans has prevented me from doing so.

cbloveday
04-12-11, 12:03 AM
If I may inquire, with the progressive controller, what is your ramp like.
Are you doing the 1st gear lockout then spraying gears 2,3,4? Is it rpm based or time based?
What are the %s per interval of the ramp.

Our cars are now similar in the hp level. I was hoping you'd share and save me some time and rubber @ the track.

Lord Cadillac
04-12-11, 11:06 AM
If you want to get technical, he may not have been speeding - but what he did was still illegal. Around here in Palm Beach County, that would never, ever fly. I get pulled over for "aggressive driving" that's simply "spirited driving" in other places. It's crazy.. In any event, I have little doubt that guy would get pulled over and ticketed for aggressive driving or something else had that been seen by a cop. So, yes - what he was doing was illegal.

We try to avoid discussions that lead to street racing due to problems we've seen in the past - like warranties being voided and insurance company troubles - not to mention legal issues that seem to pop up out of nowhere nowadays.. It seems you get into a lot more trouble (and much easier) saying something on a forum than out in the street (where it's usually not recorded).. We just want this to be a safe environment for everybody... I hope we're doing a good job.

I really didn't mean to argue but there was no "racing" in that video. I guess speeding is illegal but I didn't get a radar reading.