: Fastest Accelerating Production Vehicle Ever Built?

Wannago
04-06-11, 10:43 PM
Ok, I admit its not V - related, and will understand if a mod moves it to another area (with my apologies), but I felt the members on this particular sub-forum would probably be the most interested in this. Totally impractical, but very cool nonetheless....

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/04/04/ford-delivers-2012-mustang-cobra-jet-racers-lays-claim-to-quick/

jrcmlc
04-06-11, 11:09 PM
I'll admit I just skimmed the article, but I'm sure what they meant was "quickest accelerating DOMESTIC production car", and even then I'm not sure they are right....it all depends on what they mean by "production" I think.

Joe

cbloveday
04-06-11, 11:22 PM
I think it is awesome! I would love to have one. Thanks for posting.

Nutz
04-06-11, 11:36 PM
I predict the toddlers of today will be watching these get big dollars on the collector car auction channel in 2050. It's the COPO/Yenko era back, but now in Ford Racing form. If I hit the lottery I'd go straight to a Ford dealer and order one just for fun-laps with friends, then park it when I get old to reflect the "good old days".

IBTM

jordan00escalade
04-07-11, 12:18 AM
YUK.. I'd rather be caught on WORLDS DUMBEST CRIMINALS for stealing free cheese, than pay 100k for a 10 second mustang. I'd have so much fun modding a V with that much money. I know off topic, sorry. I was having a moment.

dvandentop
04-07-11, 12:20 AM
awesome thanks for posting!!

newcadman
04-07-11, 08:07 AM
Interesting - no nitrous oxide. Gotta give 'em credit, IMO.