: Headlight Assembly Options?

malatu
04-06-11, 06:30 PM
I need to replace a headlight assembly and I see these assemblies come with three different options..... TT6, TT7 and TT8. What is the difference and how would I know which one I currently have?

malatu
04-06-11, 07:23 PM
This is what I found. Anybody know what LH and RH Rule of Road means?

TT6Headlamps High Intensity Discharge
TT7Headlamps High Intensity Discharge, LH Rule of Road
TT8Headlamps High Intensity Discharge, RH Rule of Road

chazglenn3
04-06-11, 08:07 PM
Put your VIN in the decoder at www.compnine.com/vid.php and you will see exactly what your car was built with at the factory. It will show which of those three RPO codes applies to you. My car was built with TT6. I assume that the LH and RH rule of the road refers to which side of the road you drive on.

EChas3
04-06-11, 08:19 PM
Right-hand Rule of the Road is most of the world. Left-hand Rule of the Road is Britain and selected other locations that follow Churchill’s directive to "Never walk the path of the defeated" as was mandated after each Napoleonic victory.

HID is TT6.

malatu
04-06-11, 08:48 PM
Sometime things are never simple. My code for lights is the following:

T84HEADLAMPS,RH RULE OF THE ROAD,(MARKED E) RH RULE OF ROAD HDLP(T84)

What do you think this means since it's neither of the three options?:bonkers: My biggest concern is purchasing the similar light. Does "MARKED E" mean the letter E is stamped on the housing of the headlamp assembly?

chazglenn3
04-06-11, 09:12 PM
Where are you located? It sounds like you don't have HID headlights...TT6 housings are for HID, T84 sounds like export to me.

malatu
04-06-11, 09:24 PM
I'm in the U. S.

I did a little more research.... I think you are correct.... export.

Interesting article on these lights..... though this is in reference to an Impala.

http://www.indipalass.com/ARCHIVE/TechCorner/ARTICLES/T84ExpHeadlights.htm

chazglenn3
04-06-11, 09:45 PM
Interesting read. And it does say they are halogen bulbs, so don't use a TT6 replacement.