: service stabilitrak/ service traction control

ulfsmetrins
04-06-11, 03:39 PM
Hi guys!
I need your help, i am from Latvia/Europe and my escalade esv 08 have a problem- when i am driving and push a little bit more gas pedal, in the control panel show - Service stabilitrak and service traction control, and after 1min or sometimes 5-10min it disappears.
what i must to do????
Iit is very hard to drive engine works only with rear axle.

And i think the power also was smaller when stbilitrak lights switch on.

thesaintex
04-07-11, 06:25 PM
i had the same problem quite a while back. i took it to a GM dealer and i think the problem was that a piston was miss-firing or something. i can't quite remember though.

WaterKing
04-08-11, 02:48 AM
If there are no DTC's discovered by dealer or a dealer is not available, Check the connector to Module (XBCM) located to the left rear of the spare tire and the surrounding wires. Clean connector, install and remove several times. If no frayed wires in that area and it does not clear then check the wires and connectors going to each of the ride height sensors located in each wheel well...things with the rods attached to them. Also a a failing shock, dying battery or charging system can cause these symptoms. If a DTC can be provided it would be easier to help. In my EXT which did the same thing the DTC was that the reference voltage was out of bounds....The 5 volt reference used by the height sensors..It was a bad ground (loose) behind the spare tire. I would hate to try to get an ESV fixed in Latvia.

Punmax
04-09-11, 01:42 AM
Those two messages came on my truck a month ago. It also had trouble starting, and it would stall. Dealer replaced the camshaft sensor, and that worked for a little while. Then it came on again, and this time I had a misfire on one of the pistons. After replacing all spark plugs, and wires, the message never came back on again.

WaterKing
04-09-11, 02:43 AM
Punmax you are also right...any high draw engine problem or other circuit will cause these two messages even though it does not seem to be related..they seem to be the most sensitive to to battery/voltage variations and often are indicative of problems not related to either of the messages. I can't imagine getting this sorted out in Latvia.

WaterKing
04-10-11, 04:34 PM
While researching another problem ran across this :

"The EBCM detects an excessively low or excessively high ignition voltage. The EBCM sends a GMLAN message to the IPC requesting this display"

That was in reference to Stabilitrak Off Message and it was also indicated for Service Stabilitrak and Service traction control messages......It seems they could have had this indicated by the check engine or service engine warnings and had it make more logical sense. It is hard to make the leap that a bad ignition component would cause suspension warnings.

So it would appear in the situation described--- plugs and plug wires might be prescribed.

askthesimons
03-17-13, 07:24 AM
I have a 2007 Escalade with this code service stabilitrak/ service traction control.I've replaced plugs and plugs wires, camshaft sensor and Cam position actuator magnet. Can anyone give me additonal guidance?

bigwill1323704
03-17-13, 01:38 PM
could be your hub/ hub bearing or rotors

WaterKing
03-19-13, 04:27 AM
I think this is a battery/ground voltage issue. These codes will be set intermittently whenever the 5Volt reference voltage varies due to battery going bad, bad cables, bad ground, etc. and have NOTHING to do with Stabiltrak/service traction control messages that are displayed. Since you have taken care of the obvious ignition problems that cause these same warnings, I would look for voltage drops and bad connections in the battery circuitry. I sincerely doubt the problem is actually in the Stabiltrack/traction control systems....they are just responding to a bad 5 volt reference voltage.

Rustico
03-19-13, 06:00 PM
Any codes like p0011?

EJENKINS2
03-20-13, 10:27 PM
WaterKing, your response is very interesting. Could this be why my 07 Cadillac has this issues sporadically? If I drive the vehicle for 30 or so miles, the Stabilitrak/ service traction message pops up, but if I continue to drive the truck or restart, the message goes away. Last week I even got an email message while driving stating that there was an issue, so I followed the instructions and called Onstar. By the time they read their remote diagnostic test, the error had disappeared and they (Onstar) found no issues from their scan.

rmathis1925
03-21-13, 01:02 PM
Hello i am new to this forum. I have an 07 escalade and i had the service traction control fault on my dash the other day, along with the stabilitrack. I took it to a dealership and got it repaired yesterday. I had to have the steering wheel position sensor replaced along with my level ride compressor that i have been putting off for a little bit. Besides the fault, my compressor had gotten a little too noisey. My warranty cover the sensor so i had to pay a $100 deductible and the as for the compressor the labor was $141 and they charged me $350 for the part. The compressor has an MSRP of $477 but let the dealership know the exact same part is on every GM oem part website for $300-350. I hope this helps

Rustico
03-21-13, 06:58 PM
There are different things going on here...The Service Tractional Control Service Stabilitrack error message is a broad error message. It is important to see what the codes are..

EJENKINS2
03-23-13, 02:44 PM
Rustics, you are correct. It was code p0011. Could that be the battery? I asked this because I did have to get a jump about a onto back because the truck wouldn't start. After starting, I took it to the closest Autozone to have the battery tested, but the only thing noticed was a higher than normal output from the alternator.

Rustico
03-24-13, 08:27 AM
P0011 CODE is not good. Basically it means the camshaft actuator sprocket itself is bad

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-escalade-ext-esv-forum-2007/261727-2007-escalade-esv-service-stabilitrak-service.html

. I am assuming EJENKINS2 you have high miles like me?

cubacolom
02-21-14, 06:04 PM
I have both the stabilitrak and the check traction control messages on the board. When I ran a diagnostic the computer gave me error code c0045 wheel angle sensor. The sensor is reading but when the wheel is in the 0 degree position it reads 360 degrees. Can this sensor do a misreading when damaged or it just simply doesn't read. It would be very helpful to know, so that I can simply change the sensor or otherwise I would look for something else.

Cadillac Cust Svc
02-22-14, 01:37 PM
I have both the stabilitrak and the check traction control messages on the board. When I ran a diagnostic the computer gave me error code c0045 wheel angle sensor. The sensor is reading but when the wheel is in the 0 degree position it reads 360 degrees. Can this sensor do a misreading when damaged or it just simply doesn't read. It would be very helpful to know, so that I can simply change the sensor or otherwise I would look for something else.

Hello cubacolom,

If you choose to work with your dealership, please let me know so I can assist throughout that process. I can be reached via private message to further discuss your situation.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

Glade
03-10-14, 07:33 AM
I had this come up on my dash last week as I left a driveway I punched the fuel pedal and this stabilatrac light and check engine warning came on ,, ask onstar to run there thing and codes came after driving it for a hour turning the truck on and off the lights (both) went out went to G-M had them run a scan it was pnly 55 buck's and no codes they told me if it happens again DO NOT CALL On Star take right to them , I guess the codes did not get stored in onstar's system and g-m could find them never seen something so weird ,,,, my @ cent's worth thank's

Kenwood
03-10-14, 01:28 PM
Strange, I had these same messages and it ended up being that I was low on brake fluid.

allpedal
03-10-14, 01:40 PM
Just had it happen to me this morning while sitting at a light. When I started to drive it was sluggish and wouldn't shift out of gear. After I parked and turned it off, the lights went away and it drove just fine.

Cadillac Cust Svc
03-10-14, 06:33 PM
I had this come up on my dash last week as I left a driveway I punched the fuel pedal and this stabilatrac light and check engine warning came on ,, ask onstar to run there thing and codes came after driving it for a hour turning the truck on and off the lights (both) went out went to G-M had them run a scan it was pnly 55 buck's and no codes they told me if it happens again DO NOT CALL On Star take right to them , I guess the codes did not get stored in onstar's system and g-m could find them never seen something so weird ,,,, my @ cent's worth thank's
Hello Glade,

Please keep us updated if you experience this concern again and take your vehicle into the Cadillac dealership. I will be sure to look for your future posts! Don’t hesitate to reach out to me via private message if you would like any assistance in working with your dealership as well.

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care

----------

Just had it happen to me this morning while sitting at a light. When I started to drive it was sluggish and wouldn't shift out of gear. After I parked and turned it off, the lights went away and it drove just fine.
Hello allpedal,

I apologize that you have experienced this concern as well. If you plan on taking your vehicle into a Cadillac dealership, I would be more than happy to contact them and assist you in working towards a resolution. Please feel free to private message me if you would like to further discuss your concern. I hope to hear back from you soon.

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care

ScarabChris
03-13-14, 07:15 PM
I just wanted to add my findings to this message on the dash. My truck has the clunk noise when turning sharp so I wanted to investigate the steering shaft that goes between the firewall and the rack. I grabbed and shook the shaft and it did have some play with a slight clunking noise. So to further check it out I disconnected the shaft that comes out of the fire wall from the top of the steering shaft that goes to the steering rack.

I put everything back together and tightened it up. The steering noise seemed to be better but there is still some suspension issue going on. However when I started the truck and turned the wheel the "service stabilitrack" and "stabilitrack off" banners were coming on.

I knew it had to be something I messed with. Without knowing it I rotated the steering wheel (from the shaft under the hood) one complete revolution. Once I took it apart and made sure the steering wheel was in the proper position everything went back to normal.

With the steering wheel disconnected from the shaft under the hood. From center you should get 2 3/4 turns in each direction before the wheel will stop.