: Sad news for me.. and some others..

thatcoder
04-06-11, 12:05 PM
EWillard left Lindsay?

My service writer told me he left, and so he won't be able to take care of my glove box recall. I haven't had another tech touch my V.

This wasn't good news for me this morning when I dropped off the V. I seriously considered taking it with me.

I understand he is going to be a service writer somewhere closer to me, not sure if it is in another Lindsay shop, but I hope he remains an asset to this forum.

thebigjimsho
04-06-11, 12:14 PM
I hope both he and Lindsay are doing OK and are on good terms. That sucks...

mastequila
04-06-11, 01:32 PM
This was a surprise to me as well. I had been planning my first service call since last year, and was finally able to schedule it last week only to be told that he left.
My car has been there since Friday for recall work and maintenance stuff and a leaky RR tire. They just called me to say the tire has a screw in the sidewall :annoyed: Them things are 'spensive!

rjoffe
04-06-11, 01:57 PM
Hmmm :(

Lindsay Cadillac Parts
04-06-11, 02:17 PM
at the risk of speaking on a topic that I know very little about.....Bill has left to work closer to home. Lindsay is still here, large and in charge. I have full confidence in Robert (many first gen V owners know him). for a while now he has been doing a LOT of the V work. and at the end of the day i'm still here.......

thatcoder
04-06-11, 02:40 PM
Yep.. Rob was who I left my V to. I did ask to make sure you were still around, and all is well. I'm sure Bill will be missed.

rjoffe
04-06-11, 03:52 PM
Although Bill did the majority of work on my car, Robert (who worked side by side with Bill in the old "out house") did a bunch of things on my V1 including UUC shifter,original motor mount replacement and diff bushing.

It will be sad to see that Bill has moved on, but Robert will get all of my V work. Now let's see if we can get him on the forums to answer questions :)

cdog533
04-06-11, 05:27 PM
EWillard left Lindsay?

My service writer told me he left, and so he won't be able to take care of my glove box recall. I haven't had another tech touch my V.

This wasn't good news for me this morning when I dropped off the V. I seriously considered taking it with me.

I understand he is going to be a service writer somewhere closer to me, not sure if it is in another Lindsay shop, but I hope he remains an asset to this forum.

Get ready for your new tech: He's 25, used to work at Hyundai, and his nickname is "The Butcher". Rumors say he worked on military vehicles deep in Serbia prior to coming to the U.S. It is said he can fix any problem 80% correctly with only a crescent wrench, large screwdriver, and 20lb. sledgehammer.

CTSV4now
04-06-11, 06:22 PM
If they can get 80% fixed on the first try, I'd live with that!!

EDIT: By "they" I mean service departments in general

Titaniumseeker
04-06-11, 07:15 PM
Yes that was sad news. I was fortunate the have him work on the Tie Rod Recall the week of his departure. Rob is also very capable and is who I will be leaving my V with. Rob did the tie rod recall on my wife's CTS.

Cowan480
04-06-11, 07:56 PM
I am one of the first Gen owners who will miss him a lot.

at the risk of speaking on a topic that I know very little about.....Bill has left to work closer to home. Lindsay is still here, large and in charge. I have full confidence in Robert (many first gen V owners know him). for a while now he has been doing a LOT of the V work. and at the end of the day i'm still here.......

dvandentop
04-06-11, 08:06 PM
how many miles commute was it for him? i am sure in that east coast traffic nothing to look forward too after a long day!

ewill3rd
04-06-11, 09:38 PM
Hey guys, I just found this thread and thought I would check in and clear some things up that I see.

First and foremost my decision to leave Lindsay was very difficult. I have thoroughly enjoyed working there for the past 7 years and I am humbled by the compliments that I have received over the years.
I know guys like me are kind of a dying breed in this business.
Let me also say that Robert was brought into the business under my instruction as my apprentice/helper and he learned many valuable lessons that I was able to pass on to him and his work is on par with the best of them. He is more than qualified to take care of your concerns as they arise and I have nothing but respect for his abilities.

Lindsay was a fabulous place to work and I miss the folks there every single day.

My commute went from 4.5 miles to about 25 miles as I had to move to Woodbridge due to my wife wanting a separation. I couldn't afford to live up that way and I tried very hard to find ways to get to Lindsay without having to sit in traffic for an hour each way but it is seemingly impossible. I was working too many 13 hour days and not getting enough sleep, coupled with my parents recent medical problems and a myriad of other issues in my life I reluctantly made the switch to writing service at a more local GM dealer. (I will refrain from mentioning the name unless a moderator says it is okay since they don't support this forum) And let us not even talk about the skyrocketing price of gasoline!
My commute is now 5 minutes each way and I get to come home for lunch. I am also sleeping better. Over the years I have really abused my body in this job and my right arm is turning into jello and switching to this new job has really helped me start to recover from some tissue damage in my elbow.

I plan on staying a member of this forum as long as Sal and the others let me hang out.
I don't have much PM space but you guys can always reach me via email. Lots of people have my address or you can ask me for it when you need it.

Lindsay is still a fine company and they deserve your continued patronage. I'm sure it will be an adjustment going there without me.
I may choose to go back there someday if some things in my life change but for the time being please know that I am happy where I am.

cbloveday
04-06-11, 10:40 PM
Wishing you well and hope things work out, both on a personal and professional level.

"Speed Bump in the Road of Life"

thebigjimsho
04-07-11, 10:41 AM
ewill, don't be a stranger. Not only was your work valued, but your knowledge and personality is a HUGE asset to this forum. Don't ever dare leave or else I will find you!

ewill3rd
04-08-11, 06:52 AM
Once things settle down I will be on here more.
Don't worry Jim!
;)

odla
04-08-11, 07:06 AM
Great to still have you here and, I hope everything works out on the personal side.

JimmyH
04-08-11, 03:38 PM
I hope you stick around. There is no price to how valuable you are here.

Going from tech to writer, that's a pretty big step back, n'est pas? I have yet to deal with a service writer who knows more about cars than I do (which is not that much) and I am sure you will know more than even the techs at your new place http://www.cooleywire.com/jimmyh/pics/gif/biggrin.gif

ewill3rd
04-08-11, 06:41 PM
As I said, the place is 5 minutes from the house, my body is wearing out, and they didn't really have an opening for a tech. (although they did offer to fire one so I could have a spot if I had pressed)
Based on what I have seen so far, you could be right Jimmy ;)
The guys I work with are very nice. It is sometimes hard for me to bite my tongue but I don't want to step on any toes.
So far they have done well with the jobs I have assigned to them.
Oh and did I mention that somehow... it's more money than I was making as a tech?
:D

JimmyH
04-08-11, 08:22 PM
you deserve it

CIWS
04-08-11, 09:05 PM
ewill, don't be a stranger. Not only was your work valued, but your knowledge and personality is a HUGE asset to this forum. Don't ever dare leave or else I will find you!

:yeah: I have thoroughly enjoyed your participation here and your assistance with questions we've all had. Let us know if we can help you in any way.

rjoffe
04-09-11, 01:26 PM
Let us know if we can help you in any way.

Can you buy him a caddy dealership ? :)

JimmyH
04-09-11, 03:06 PM
you know, that's one helluvan idea. if everyone on this forum chipped in $1000, we could have our own dealership. we would all get our cars at cost, and never have to worry about service problems!

oh wait, where would we put it...

thebigjimsho
04-09-11, 08:57 PM
Once things settle down I will be on here more.
Don't worry Jim!
;)
Good! Can you make it to V-Day??

CIWS
04-09-11, 09:24 PM
Can you buy him a caddy dealership ? :)

If I did it would be down here in Dallas. :yup:

rjoffe
04-10-11, 07:17 PM
So what would it take to get a dealership going without a sales department and service department with just one tech, plus a one man service department :) .

Ak Jim
04-11-11, 04:56 AM
Bill with a really good service writer in the dealership you can a very positive impact on the service the customers get.

ewill3rd
04-11-11, 07:06 PM
Still going strong in the new job.
You guys are all too kind.

I have actually considered starting my own business, me and Mercedes (those of you who have met her know who she is) would love to take care of all of you.
Tough business to get a foot hold in though.
For now I will stick to this. ;)

RippyPartsDept
04-11-11, 08:05 PM
imho GM really needs more guys like you - it would make the customer experience better overall and right away ... imagine if every cadillac dealer had a guy just like you (or was full of them!)

carz80am
04-11-11, 09:52 PM
I have actually considered starting my own business, me and Mercedes (those of you who have met her know who she is) would love to take care of all of you.
Tough business to get a foot hold in though.
For now I will stick to this.

Bill,

we've met a few times at lindsay, I had the blue escalade ext, then the blue xlr and now I got the silver V. If you ever wanted to start a business or just do something on the side I own 3 gas stations with bays in Alexandria and I'm sure we could work something out if you wanted to use the bays on occasion or whatever. Obviously don't have the tools that dealerships have, but got the basics

rjoffe
04-12-11, 08:06 AM
If you ever wanted to start a business or just do something on the side I own 3 gas stations with bays in Alexandria and I'm sure we could work something out if you wanted to use the bays on occasion or whatever. Obviously don't have the tools that dealerships have, but got the basics

Bill sounds like your weekends are full now !!