: CannonBall Run Europe - 2011

mberisha
04-06-11, 08:11 AM
Any takers?

http://www.cannonballruneurope.co.uk/index.php :cool2:

mstrjon32
04-06-11, 11:37 AM
Sweet Jesus that would be an amazing time. It looks like the deposit to enter is 500 euros, I can't imagine what the complete event costs. Probably enough that if I took the cash I could pay off the V in one shot...

cvettr/cts-v
04-06-11, 12:12 PM
the cars and scenery has to be unreal!

mberisha
04-06-11, 02:17 PM
Sweet Jesus that would be an amazing time. It looks like the deposit to enter is 500 euros, I can't imagine what the complete event costs. Probably enough that if I took the cash I could pay off the V in one shot...

Acutally the whole package includes shipping the cars over from the states, the rooms, nightly parties/prizes/food/drinks for the 5 nites. So since we are in country....should be alot cheaper.

The local M Flight Club (M3s & M5s) has a team that's going to do it out of Ramstein....so I'm trying to get the no kidding cost and info off of those dudes.....more to follow!

ajjones44
04-06-11, 03:05 PM
Acutally the whole package includes shipping the cars over from the states, the rooms, nightly parties/prizes/food/drinks for the 5 nites. So since we are in country....should be alot cheaper.

The local M Flight Club (M3s & M5s) has a team that's going to do it out of Ramstein....so I'm trying to get the no kidding cost and info off of those dudes.....more to follow!

Met,

Pm me a price whenever you get it.

mberisha
04-06-11, 05:51 PM
Met,

Pm me a price whenever you get it.

I just sent the event coordinators an email too.....and let them know there were a few Vs in country that wanted to know the "in-country" price for the run.

Also....I showed my girlfriend the pics of the nitely parties from last year....and she's ALL for partying in 5-Star hotels nitely in Poland, Czech Republic, Austria, Switzerland, Italy and finishing up in Paris over 5 days and ~2,500 miles!

twenty4/7
04-06-11, 10:08 PM
that would be tons of fun

twenty4/7
04-06-11, 10:09 PM
that would be tons of fun!

mberisha
04-07-11, 02:51 PM
I just got a reply back:

"Hi Met,

Thank you very much for your email and for your interest in the Cannonball Run.

I'm sorry but it is not possible to join the Run once it has started. We have 5 cars driving down from Norway, so Germany seems close in comparison! Just in case you are interested to join us, the details are below.

The 2011 event kicks off on Sunday 10th July from a venue in the south of England (to be confirmed), and returns to the UK on Friday 15th for the final night gala dinner and awards ceremony. Accommodation on the 15th and breakfast on Saturday 16th are included in the price. The price is GBP 6,250 around EUR 7000) for one car/two people and covers: sea crossings, luxury accommodation, breakfast, evening meals (with limited drinks), route maps, evening entertainment, exclusive use of a world class track for the day, decals and final night black tie awards ceremony. In addition you will need to budget for petrol, tolls, any fines you may get, snacks/refreshments whilst on the road and your beer money.

I could talk about Cannonball all day given half the chance but I will leave it to you to ask me any questions you may have or to let me know if you'd like me to call you to discuss further. I see you have checked out the website which is great as this is where you will get a real feel for the event with the daily blog entries of previous events, pictures, videos, testimonials etc. (and pictures of sexy girls!) In a nutshell though, if you are passionate about your driving, have a great sense of adventure, love to party and spend time with like minded people, then the Cannonball Run is for you!

There are still a few places available but they are going fast. All you need to do to secure your place is to pay your GBP500 deposit and return the completed entry form to me. Please click on the below link to enter and to download the entry form.

http://www.cannonballruneurope.co.uk/enter_online.php

So, please do not hesitate to contact me at any time if you have any questions or would like to discuss further, otherwise I hope to receive your entry soon.

Kind regards,

Jan Dechamps
Managing Director
Cannonball Run Europe Events Ltd
Tel: 0203 253 2090
Mob: 07709 363119
Fax: 0208 660 4267
www.cannonballruneurope.co.uk

Also..I do know the run is coming through the Ramstein Area....and they will need volunteers to help out at one of the "rest/aid stations" in the local area. I told him that I could probably get some guys together to help out along the way. Kind of like a moving car show that comes to you!

AJ & John....let me know if you guys are interested to volunteer....7000 Euro (~$11k is kind out of my price range! :bigroll:

mstrjon32
04-07-11, 03:39 PM
AJ & John....let me know if you guys are interested to volunteer....7000 Euro (~$11k is kind out of my price range! :bigroll:

I'd be willing to volunteer for that, I'm sure it would be a good time.

As much as I'd love to be a European playboy for 5 days, I think I can probably put $11k to better use elsewhere...

V-Guy
04-07-11, 03:48 PM
Oh, man. This is calling my name. How incredibly cool would this be!? And I'm sure I've spent $11K on dumber things. (I think her name was Rebecca.)

I was just in Prague last May, and it rocks. I can't imagine how cool the rest of the run would be.

mberisha
04-07-11, 04:01 PM
Oh, man. This is calling my name. How incredibly cool would this be!? And I'm sure I've spent $11K on dumber things. (I think her name was Rebecca.)

I was just in Prague last May, and it rocks. I can't imagine how cool the rest of the run would be.

Wow....Rebecca got you for $11k too? :drink2:

BTW....I got a chance to cruise to Prague in Jan.....you are correct...sic place!

tomedwards
04-12-11, 03:27 PM
I have entered the Cannonball Run Rat Race this September3rd, starts in New York, this was the guy who set the Cannonball run europe event up way back in 2001 and still runs the American and Australian events, its only $8995 for the week and they will suppy a car included in the entry fee if your over 25.
This year its being filmed by the Discovery channel cannonball world