: Car jack slipped :(

04-06-11, 01:19 AM
So, did the dumbest thing ever. Had the jack under the drivers door. While raising, too high (dumbass part) and the jack slipped and kinda took out my rocket panel.

It's just the one under the drivers door.

Anyone know of any aftermarket companies that sell rocker panel pieces, or anyone parting one out :)

Thanks in advance!

04-06-11, 08:29 AM
BE CAREFUL! And check ebay. Been seeing them every once in a while.
One rocker cant be that much. Give Luke a call at Lyndsay, see what he says.

04-06-11, 12:20 PM
You ain't the first! :hide:

Contact Luke.

It is cheaper to get the whole four piece "kit".

04-06-11, 12:44 PM
If your car was a newer one (in production) I could have helped you out. We make the rockers and fascias where I work. Made them for the 04-08 models too but they are just produced for service now from a different location.

04-06-11, 09:55 PM
don't feel bad. you are not the only one. my went inboard. can't see it, but extra hump in floor board drivers side. one day, when I gut the car to install a layer of sound deadening, I will hammer it out.

Taking out a rocker panel really sucks.

04-07-11, 09:30 AM
Both my rear rockers were damaged over time by lifts not being placed in the right spots and replaced.

They have to be painted BTW.

04-08-11, 10:12 PM
I've got one. Let me dig it out of my garage and I can send you some pics if you want. Send me an email to jason dot kleinman at gmail dot com