: Clearbra installers and pricing in Northern VA?

jb7952
04-05-11, 10:29 PM
Any recommendations on installers in NoVA? The dealer recommended a shop called 'Zebrastripes', but I've never heard of them before. They quoted 1200 to do the entire front end, one piece for the hood, full fenders.

Since the car is black, I don't want a line across the middle of the hood. I don't have any experience with clear bra, so looking for some input.

Titaniumseeker
04-05-11, 11:51 PM
I would advise you not to use Xtreme Auto Service in Sterling. You will run a high risk of the hack installer/owner damaging your vehicle if you do. I recommend Proshield of Sterling @ 45751 Wlm Wood Ct Suite 100; Sterling, Va 20166 (703) 304-9898. They work on exotics and high end vehicles and many members of 6speedonline use them. Their work is excellent. For MD, there is SolarPros in Waldorf @ 2254 Old Washington Rd.; Waldorf, MD 20601; 301-638-1140. They also do excellent work. I have Ventureshield (1 piece) on my sedan hood, full front, quarter panels, mirrors, lower molding and full roofline on my silver V and about the same on my wife's Black CTS sedan. If I didn't tell you it was there, you would not notice it. Good luck.

David Nicholas
04-06-11, 10:33 AM
I had the full front-end of my black sedan covered with 3M's Venture Shield product at a shop in Columbia, MD, called "Armour All". (they do work in VA). They charged $1100 and unless you're on top of it, you can't tell it's there. I can't say he was the fastest in the world, but the shop was always busy with a Lamborghini or high-end Porsche, so I trusted their work.

thatcoder
04-06-11, 12:07 PM
I've got a guy recommended to me by a sales person at Moore Cadillac, and I've got his contact info. I'll PM it to you. He has a van with all the equipment on it, and will come to you if you've got a garage he can work in.

shade
04-06-11, 05:05 PM
$1100 for the front is expensive -
I did the entire car for like $2200 including roof. 3M

zr1vet
04-07-11, 02:48 PM
Dave of Proshield did a great job on mine. Full hood, front fenders, mirrors, front end. Lots of high end cars in their shop. Took most of a day for him to do mine.

jb7952
04-07-11, 06:12 PM
Thanks for the help guys.

Dave of Proshield did a great job on mine. Full hood, front fenders, mirrors, front end. Lots of high end cars in their shop. Took most of a day for him to do mine.

That's the other thing, the guy I checked with said I'd need to leave the car for 2-3 days. I'm not too keen to leave the car with anywhere, and I really don't think it takes that long. It seems really excessive.