: New guy

Byoficr
04-05-11, 10:40 PM
New here on the forum but not to fast cars. I just wanted some input from some v owners. I am looking to sell my cammed 04 Gto and 2010 srt8 jeep and just get one fast vechicle. Would anybody here say this is a good deal to get rid of two vechicles for an amazing vechicle. Looking at a 2011 cts v sedan. Thanks

garfin
04-05-11, 11:42 PM
New here on the forum but not to fast cars. I just wanted some input from some v owners. I am looking to sell my cammed 04 Gto and 2010 srt8 jeep and just get one fast vechicle. Would anybody here say this is a good deal to get rid of two vechicles for an amazing vechicle. Looking at a 2011 cts v sedan. Thanks

Welcome to the board!
Yup! I sold my modified '98 LS1 Camaro SS with a heads and cam pkg/headers/tune etc and a '97 supercharged Bonneville with a pulley in exchange for the V.
The blower Bonny was my winter beater and the only concern I had with my decision to do a "2 for 1" was driving a 556 HP RWD car through a Canadian winter. I don't know where you're located, but if winter driving is a concern for you, it needn't be. The V does great in the winter with the right tires along with using a bit of common sense on slippery roads.
I appreciate having a virtually maintenance-free vehicle now for the long term and dispensing with having to deal with 2 vehicles that required a somewhat higher level of maintenance... not to mention the extra garage space and reduced insurance costs!
Oh yeah - and for me it's a real treat to be able to have (AND ENJOY DRIVING) a high performance vehicle all year round!!
...instead of packing it away for 4-5 mos. out of the year as I did with the Camaro. No regrets at all! (although I did get to visit with my old Camaro this past weekend and I did enjoy having "a spin" in it!) :D
Find the right V for your tastes and enjoy!

Best regards,

Elie

Caddy Wagon
04-05-11, 11:43 PM
Yes!

Razorecko
04-05-11, 11:47 PM

Well if you live where you dont need awd ( jeep srt8 ) I would def go for it ! between those two current cars you'll save a fortune in fuel costs ! :yup:

wfo
04-06-11, 02:46 PM
No, no don't do it, don't do it!!

Don't sell the GTO and Jeep...You'll only fall in love with the V's power, prestige and uniqueness that you will come to regret every minute of your decision. If you can't handle thumbs up and compliments from complete strangers turn back now and keep the what you got.

Byoficr
04-06-11, 03:20 PM
Thanks guys, for all the info and welcome. I really want the v and as mentioned my wifes g8 has to sit outside cause of the 2 car Garage. I asked the same question on Gto forum and they all respect the v but say getting rid of two hot rods for one doesn't sound like a good idea. I Pretty much have my mind made up to get a v but I do have another dilemma. Should I get a 2011 now or wait for 2012? Is the 2012 going to be same body style with most likely couple extra new features? I was looking into a white or silver with dark graphite wheels and recaro seats. As owners how would y'all say the fit and finish is on these things? Sorry for long message will go back to reading tons of posts lol. Thanks.

Tuna
04-06-11, 05:26 PM
I hate to sell fast cars but when there's only so much room, something has to give. Lucky for me, I have a 3-car garage so the "V" sits next to 2 C6 Corvettes. There was a time when a third Vette had to sit outside.

If Caddy dealers in your area are likely to have 2011 "V" sitting on the lot when the 2012 comes out, you might want to wait and then see what the best deal is and how much you really want the '12 over the '11. I'm sure there will be a few dealers around with "Vs" still on the lot at the end of the year but you may have to fly somewhere to find them. So, how bad do you want a "V" now.

garfin
04-06-11, 06:03 PM
Thanks guys, for all the info and welcome. I Pretty much have my mind made up to get a v but I do have another dilemma. Should I get a 2011 now or wait for 2012? Is the 2012 going to be same body style with most likely couple extra new features?

At this point, I'd also suggest that you might want to wait to see what the '12 models might bring and then make a decision. It will be the same style and information on any changes will likely be available shortly. So if you can hang on for another 4-6 weeks (?), it might be worthwhile...
I'd think there still should be a fair supply of new '11 Vs available, even after GM's official release of info on the '12s and well into the summer, should you opt for an '11.

Best regards,

Elie

Byoficr
04-06-11, 06:15 PM
Thanks, For all the info and I think I will wait and see what is the better option a 12 or 11. The dealer here is out of v's lol they sold two coupes and a sedan recently. Sorry for all the noob post but at the price of this car want to make the best decision. Thanks again For everything guys.

Teutonaddict
04-06-11, 08:08 PM
If Caddy dealers in your area are likely to have 2011 "V" sitting on the lot when the 2012 comes out, you might want to wait and then see what the best deal is and how much you really want the '12 over the '11. I'm sure there will be a few dealers around with "Vs" still on the lot at the end of the year but you may have to fly somewhere to find them. So, how bad do you want a "V" now.

Agreed. I got a SWEET deal in October 09 on one of the few remaining 09s sitting on a lot with the options I wanted (Recaros and 6MT were my only non-negotiables). At that time, GM was offering $5K incentive (the ONLY time I'd seen that on the V2), plus $500 for waiving the 90-day buyback clause, plus another $7500 off due to GMS pricing available at that time. Nearly $13K off sticker--but I'd been waiting a long time. If you're not nearly as price sensitive as me, then I'd say pull the trigger now. Your perma-grin starts tomorrow!

Byoficr
04-06-11, 08:25 PM
Agreed. I got a SWEET deal in October 09 on one of the few remaining 09s sitting on a lot with the options I wanted (Recaros and 6MT were my only non-negotiables). At that time, GM was offering $5K incentive (the ONLY time I'd seen that on the V2), plus $500 for waiving the 90-day buyback clause, plus another $7500 off due to GMS pricing available at that time. Nearly $13K off sticker--but I'd been waiting a long time. If you're not nearly as price sensitive as me, then I'd say pull the trigger now. Your perma-grin starts tomorrow!

Lol! Thanks I'm in no hurry and hope I can get a deal. I must have the recaro Auto and dark graphite wheels. I really like all colors but would prefer white or silver. No dealer within 100 miles has one so goin to have to wait. They all have one in transit all black.

Cowan480
04-06-11, 08:43 PM
This is my third v, cant beat em!! If you buy a used one you can spend 2k in mods and have 550 to 600 rwhp!!

new here on the forum but not to fast cars. I just wanted some input from some v owners. I am looking to sell my cammed 04 gto and 2010 srt8 jeep and just get one fast vechicle. Would anybody here say this is a good deal to get rid of two vechicles for an amazing vechicle. Looking at a 2011 cts v sedan. Thanks

garfin
04-06-11, 09:47 PM
Thanks, For all the info and I think I will wait and see what is the better option a 12 or 11. The dealer here is out of v's lol they sold two coupes and a sedan recently. Sorry for all the noob post but at the price of this car want to make the best decision. Thanks again For everything guys.

FWIW, keep in mind that the 2012 Camaro ZL1, with its version of the LSA will come without a power-sapping power steering pump. It will have electric power steering. There has been no confirmation as of yet from GM that the V will benefit from this change, but it would be interesting to find out what the HP bump might be if it does get this feature for the next MY.

Best regards,

Elie

landsteam
04-06-11, 11:29 PM
I sold my 2010 Jeep SRT8 last month. I am looking to find a used 2009 V with the all the options for a good price.
It has been hard to find anything with low miles for a fair price. I am still searching.

RogersV
04-07-11, 11:29 AM
New here on the forum but not to fast cars. Would anybody here say this is a good deal to get rid of two vechicles for an amazing vechicle. Looking at a 2011 cts v sedan. Thanks

In January 09 I traded in two cars, A 03 Saleen Mustang Convertible, (wifes) and a 06 Charger SRT8, for the 09 V. No regrets here and since old people tend to drive Cadillacs it was only fitting. :smilewide::thumbsup:

Byoficr
04-07-11, 01:38 PM
I sold my 2010 Jeep SRT8 last month. I am looking to find a used 2009 V with the all the options for a good price.
It has been hard to find anything with low miles for a fair price. I am still searching.

I have about 20k + the throw down on one so price isn't an issue but if I'm selling everything for this car I want the car optioned out the way I want.

FWIW, keep in mind that the 2012 Camaro ZL1, with its version of the LSA will come without a power-sapping power steering pump. It will have electric power steering. There has been no confirmation as of yet from GM that the V will benefit from this change, but it would be interesting to find out what the HP bump might be if it does get this feature for the next MY.

Best regards,

Elie

Thanks for the heads up! Will look into that.

In January 09 I traded in two cars, A 03 Saleen Mustang Convertible, (wifes) and a 06 Charger SRT8, for the 09 V. No regrets here and since old people tend to drive Cadillacs it was only fitting. :smilewide::thumbsup:

Thanks. I am definitly thinking this would so be worth it.