: Second Gen SRX Gas Fill

rhauk
04-05-11, 08:55 PM
Any with with this problem of having to hold fill nozel up and not being able to use the auto fill and the constant clicking off. After 1 year of trips to correct at Crest Cadillac Plano Tx.and calls to Cadillac Motor Co. to a point of Cadillac finally admiting they have corrected the 2011 production but it was not possible to correct my Wifes 2010 SRX with the 2011 parts. Crest Cadillac then said they would get back with me and try to fix the problem, 4 weeks no response from Crest. Then my wife got gas doused while filling, we then decided to trade it off for a Lexus SUV, before as a last resort we went to Sewell Cadillac in Dallas as they are also a Lexus dealer in the same area. I explained the problem, the service writer could not be more understanding, She gave us a new under 1,000 mile CTS no charge, and told us they would have the car till they fixed it. A week later they called and the SRX now can be filled the way cars of the last 55 years I have had. What a class operation Sewell Cadillac is, did not buy it there but treated me like a many year valued customer and fixed a car my selling dealer and Cadillac found impossible. Now I will have them look at the poor Navigation system after that is fixed its no reason to go Lexus if Sewell is the dealer for a American car and a new GMC when my Dura-Max needs replacement. They lost a imediate sale but became my car/truck dealer for life. Its nice to be able to give a story of 100% satisfaction on a car dealer, not one of those fully staisfied surveys the dealers ask you to give them. They make you think if you tell the truth you will never get even your due from them, what a joke.
Robert Hauk
Celina. Texas

mrl859
04-05-11, 10:19 PM
My 2011 does that too! How did they fix it?

rhauk
04-06-11, 02:09 AM
2011 does it? I have been told by owners and Cadillac it was fixed, what was done, don't know, they just told me they changed a part. Go figure but mine is fixed so far, hope it keeps working.

stevec5375
04-06-11, 08:28 AM
I have heard good things about the Sewell dealerships in Texas on more than one occasion.

PJ1520
04-06-11, 03:32 PM
2011 does it? I have been told by owners and Cadillac it was fixed, what was done, don't know, they just told me they changed a part. Go figure but mine is fixed so far, hope it keeps working.

What does it say on your repair ticket?

PJ

rhauk
04-06-11, 07:19 PM
Service ticket says "gas filler tube replaced with updated part" Wonder why GM Cadillac division said it could not be done?? Strange.