: Leather seat re-upholstering

kfmcmcahon
04-05-11, 09:44 PM
Hi,
has anyone recovered/reupholstered the beige leather seats on their 2007-2011 Escalade?
Are there any options (seat covers) that will provide the same look as OEM leather?
I have a lot of wear on the drivers side seat bottom bolsters and would like to make it "as new".,,

thanks,
kevin

Mha
04-06-11, 01:41 AM
I would also like to know? I was just talking to a friend of mine about my 2007 ext and was talking abouthe the bumper 2 bumper warranty and how they gave me new emblems ans window trim beacuse it was fading and he told me about how over at his work a friend of his had a newer GM truck still under bumper 2 bumper and how he ripped his light colored leather seats and got them replaced for free. My friend said he ripped them so he could change the color for a darker leather and they did it for free under bumper to bumper and one know if this would work?

Playdrv4me
04-06-11, 04:14 AM
Uhh unless you are very friendly with your dealer, I would highly advise against ripping your seats. That is the most idiotic thing you could possibly do, as most dealers will qualify that as wear and tear or abuse and not cover it.

Face it, all of these trucks with the exception of the Platinum have shitty leather, period. My leather is ALL shiny at 56k miles and the rest of my truck is mint. The previous owner was from FL and I think they went to the beach a lot and put on suntan lotion. I am considering replacing the center console lid and the steering wheel so the surfaces I put my hands on will feel "new" again, but I'd never damage it just to HOPE the dealer replaces it.

Even when the leather was new, it did NOT look or feel as good as the leather in my 2006 after 75k miles.

hcvone
04-06-11, 08:01 AM
I have had several customers have parts or their seats done, and their whole seats done, check your local interior or convertible top shops, good shops can repair your issues and a lot of times it's not that much money

Nixin
04-10-11, 02:11 PM
Can anyone suggest a VERY good quality leather cleaner for the cashmere seats? Thanks

Playdrv4me
04-11-11, 02:15 AM
Lexol is really good, and available at just about any AutoZone. There is both a cleaner, and a conditioner, you have to use both, and maintain with the conditioner.

Rich909
04-11-11, 08:02 PM
I use leather master and have been very happy with it.

Nixin
04-11-11, 10:50 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. I will see if they are available here in Canada. If not, I will make a quick trip to Buffalo, NY. Cheers!

Playdrv4me
04-11-11, 11:37 PM
Connolly Hide Care is also REALLY good stuff.

hannity
04-12-11, 09:35 AM
Man I tell you, I wish I had found this forum BEFORE I got my escalade. I love the look, but the quality is just horrible. No one should be replacing seats after 3 years. I drove my truck yesterday for the first time is a while and the platinum seats are nice, but I don't know how they will look in a few years.

Mha
04-12-11, 11:40 AM
This company has the 07 and up ext leather upholstery. If they have the ext they probably have others. Low price and they have some good reviews plus its ebay, if the dont fit contact ebay and theyll refund your money