: '05 EXT Seat Belts too snug!

mrplastic
10-07-04, 01:13 AM
My 05EXT is so nice to drive but the seatbelts are too snug on my collar bone. Wife says passanger side is too tight too.They are so tight that they make my shoulders not just hurt but ACHE. So I am using them as an armpit belt. My dealer and I went around and tested the different models of Cadillacs and GM on the lot and the cars were lighter to pull out than the SUVs .
If I drive more than 30 minutes it just hurts. Only 700miles on it and I don't want to drive it very far. What a bummer. My dealer says that Cadillac has no adjustment in them. They called GM and they have no fix. Pretty hard to believe that a $60K rig and GM can't fix this problem! I am going to call cadillac tomorrow and see if they can do anything. It all goes back to the dealer and then the DM for cadillac. I just want it fixed cause I LOVE my truck!
Doesn't GM think of it as a liability if the belt isn't over the shoulder? I would think they better! Either cut off the circulation over the shoulder and I pass out or fall out in an accident with no belt over the shoulder.
Anyone else having a belt too tight?????

hcvone
10-07-04, 08:19 AM
How tall are you? I am very happy with the seat belts in my Escalade, they are a better fit for me than all my other cars/SUV's. :)

T_Dogg8
10-07-04, 08:44 AM
my 02 has a nice snug seatbelt. not too tight, but not too loose.

mrplastic
10-07-04, 01:44 PM
Only 5'11" tall Nothing outrageous here.

slk230mb
10-07-04, 02:04 PM
My friends complain all the time about the passenger and rear seat belts being too tight. My family never complains. Now only if the drivers side belt would stop squeaking when I move foward. :banghead:

notinblue
10-08-04, 02:09 AM
Maybe your pulling the belt all the way out when you snap it in place, like you would a child safety belt on the back seat. There is no need to do this for the fronts because they automaticly lock in an accident. ;)

mrplastic
10-08-04, 03:40 PM
Nope, jut a normal pull nd snap in place. I wish it was that easy! I appreciate the thought! Even my old standard cloths pin that I have used on my99 and 02 rigs do not hold it out. It slides right past it.
Thanks,

notinblue
10-08-04, 05:50 PM
Maybe after some rigorous use, the wind will wear out to a comfortable level. :hmm: