: Unidentifiable Noise 2003 STS

LaneB
04-05-11, 05:10 PM
Gentlepersons, My 2003 has a noise coming from the front end that sounds like a small motorbike is running under my hood. The sound is only there when the vehicle is moving and it follows the speed of the vehicle (i.e. the noise increases as the speed of the vehicle increases) and is not related to the running engine. I have turned the engine off at road speed and with no engine and no interior fan etc running the noise still persists. I have blocked off the radiator completely to eliminate any air spinning a fan with a bad bearing (possible ?) and run the car around the block but the noise is still there. I have run the car backwards and the noise persists. I have inspected both front spindle/brake/fender liners for something rubbing against the tire. I have yet to raise the front or either side and spin the wheels by hand but I guess that will be next. What am I missing ? It is not a sharp or heavy metallic sound. Similar to the sound of a small motorbike makes as it runs along side your car on the road. Any ideas ? Thanks, Lane

KRSTS
04-05-11, 08:16 PM
You mean a Seville don't you. There is another forum which might help you. This is for 2005 -10 STS.

LaneB
04-06-11, 12:14 PM
Yes I have a 2003 Seville STS. Sorry for the post on the wrong forum and thanks for the heads up. May your car run perfectly !