: Anyone installing Blue Fusion or other aftermarket bluetooths?

48Dodge
04-05-11, 02:55 PM
Just wondering if going with the Bluefusion is still done or is everyone pretty much going with the VCIM upgrade? I had planned on doing the VCIM upgrade myself, but haven't had luck tracking anything down so far. Of course it's only been a couple weeks since I started looking. Those with aftermarket bluetooths, are you sticking with it or do you plan on installing a VCIM when you can?

krieghoff
04-05-11, 04:54 PM
I have the Blue Fusion in my 2008 ESV and it works ok.

The problem I have is that everytime I get in I have to make sure the volume is turn up for the phone.

Other than that it work well!

PreachRR
04-06-11, 01:06 AM
i had the blue fusion it was ok.. but after upgrading to the GM VCIM.. I would not compare the two. The GM unit works flawlessly.. with the blue fusion it worked but I had some challenges like if the phone was too close to the unit there was a buzz.. and the mic was no where near as receptive as the factory GM unit so it was difficult to hear me some of the time.. But it does work and is very good option if the GM one is not available..

Big Windy Ext
04-06-11, 08:48 AM
I have a new Blue Fusion if your interested.

48Dodge
04-06-11, 11:50 AM
I'm definitely leaning toward the VCIM, I may pick up the blue fusion in the meantime. The price has dropped pretty low locally. What are you looking for Windy?

48Dodge
04-06-11, 09:12 PM
Thanks for getting back to me, Windy. I tried PMing you but don't have enough posts, yet. That's actually what they're going for locally now. I know as soon as I get one, I'll run across a VCIM...

zam2000
04-07-11, 01:23 AM
Thanks for getting back to me, Windy. I tried PMing you but don't have enough posts, yet. That's actually what they're going for locally now. I know as soon as I get one, I'll run across a VCIM...

I have a BlueFusion, bought from Amazon (still have receipt) for $300. I used it for less than a week before my wife asked me to put in the Motorola IHF1000 for her (she's so used to it from other cars in the house, and she wanted the call anouncement (of name) of the Motorola unit). Cost me a small fortune to have the IHF1000 installed.

I can let it go for $125 if anyone interested. Unit still in box, with mic, manual, and everything that shipped from the manufacture.

Installation could take as long as ...5 mintues :-)

Big Windy Ext
04-07-11, 08:43 AM
No problem 48 . Jeez 400 plus posts and I'm still a scum bag lol !