: V1 Height?

mstrjon32
04-05-11, 01:00 PM
Any one have any idea how high the V1 sits off the ground with a stock suspension? I'm looking at an apartment, but the parking spot is only 1.5m/4.9feet high (welcome to Europe) and I don't know if the V is going to fit in there.

I can't seem to find the answer with Google...

mstrjon32
04-05-11, 01:01 PM
Nevermind, I found the answer...it will just fit...4.72 feet off the ground.

perfect
04-05-11, 02:44 PM
That is fortunate that your V will fit in the parking spot but are you going to have crawl on your hands and knees to get in and out of the car?!

Brad1970
04-05-11, 02:52 PM
geez I guess you pretty much crawl outta the car...

EdmundGTP
04-05-11, 02:56 PM
Cripes... God bless the US of A and my 2 car garage..

ctsv154
04-05-11, 02:58 PM
They have weird moving underground parking in Europe. You park, get out, and then hit the button on the garage wall and the car moves forward and into a parking space jamed as close as it can to the next car. At least that's how the one I saw while I was in Germany worked.

mstrjon32
04-05-11, 03:49 PM
ctsv154 has it almost right (there are places with parking like you describe, however). The garage has parking elevators, so two cars can park in one bay. It's somewhat hard to explain, but when the bay is empty, it looks like a flat bay. You can just park in it and get out normally. When your (bay-mate?) is already parked there, you can raise her car up and park yours underneath...if she needs to leave before you, she can lower the elevator and your car tucks underground. When you're parked on the lower level it is a pain to get out, and some crouching is required. Regardless of if you're on the top or the bottom, though, the car can't be higher than 1.5m; it just won't fit underneath and the ceiling is too low when the lift is raised.

Either way, it looks like the V will fit...still not sure if I want to take the plunge on this particular apartment, however.

mberisha
04-05-11, 03:51 PM
Nevermind, I found the answer...it will just fit...4.72 feet off the ground.

You made it over the pond?! When's the V get here....btw....where are you looking for a place at?

mstrjon32
04-05-11, 04:07 PM
I got in last Friday. The V has "guaranteed" delivery by the 18th, I'm hoping it gets here a little sooner than that, but I'm not going to hold my breath. I'll let you know when the car shows up and we can meet up.

I'm looking for a place to live in Mainz.

mberisha
04-05-11, 04:13 PM
Awesome.....Mainz is about 35 mins on the A6 AutoBahn from me.

BTW....is the pick-up point for your V at Kapaun inside Vogelweh....or is it closer to you?

mstrjon32
04-05-11, 05:07 PM
I pick it up in Wiesbaden, it's right across the Rhein.

Also, "35 minutes" sounds like a challenge to me. ;) Though I'm not sure how much of the drive is unrestricted...or how nasty the traffic gets.

mberisha
04-05-11, 05:32 PM
I pick it up in Wiesbaden, it's right across the Rhein.

Also, "35 minutes" sounds like a challenge to me. ;) Though I'm not sure how much of the drive is unrestricted...or how nasty the traffic gets.

Hmmmmmm.....Let's see the facts below?

http://img003.picture2life.net/11805874/Spesbach_to_Mainz_original_medium.jpg

Most of the portion of the AutoBahn is unrestricted (an easy sustained ~115-125mph for cruising)....and the 130km "speedlimit" doesn't start till about 5-7 clicks from Ramstein. So....actually....35 mins is being generous! :stirpot:

mstrjon32
04-05-11, 05:45 PM
Ha well we will just have to see for ourselves, then. I can't wait to let the V stretch its legs on the autobahns.

ctsv154
04-05-11, 07:46 PM
: ( I miss Germany

DDS rollin a CTS
04-05-11, 10:23 PM
If I ever make it over to Germany I'm going to have to look one of you guys up because I definately want to try the V out on the autobahn.