: Looking to buy a 2011 SRX should I???

BobJen
04-04-11, 07:42 PM
I am looking at getting a 2011 SRX premium just wondering if its a good car? Last year I purchased a Buick Enclave and I have been having lots of problems with it. GM said I could pick out another vehicle. I just want something I can depend on. Thanks

stevec5375
04-04-11, 08:31 PM
If you read a lot of the threads in this forum you will find a lot of people have had some real issues while others have had none. I suppose it's really the luck of the draw on this one. So what if I told you the SRX was great and you got one and it turned out to be awful? By the same token I could tell you it's not worth the money and there would be many in this forum who would cry foul.

Knowing what I know having been a member of this forum for over a year, I would not purchase another SRX with so many other choices available to me. While I haven't had nearly the issues with this car that some have had, my confidence level has become diminished and the car just doesn't excite me anymore.

TheCaptain
04-04-11, 08:58 PM
I would definitely buy one again. Though i would prefer one with the 3.6 compared to our 3.0. 2012 i believe gets the 3.6... if you can wait that long.

Smokin' SRX
04-04-11, 09:04 PM
Having driven/owned both an '08 Enclave and 2010 X, I recco them both. All cars are possible lemons. Ask a Toyota owner. I buy with my heart and head. Seems GM is doing the right thing by you.
I'd go for it! Life's too short to drive a boring clone car. LOL

Good luck with your decision.! And TEST DRIVE lots (as Steve would also say)

SS

algiorda
04-04-11, 10:50 PM
This is my second SRX. This one has had less problems than the first. I would definitely purchase another one and highly recommend it to anyone.

Go For it...don't listen to the naysayers...they are the minority.

TRMN8R1
04-05-11, 08:00 AM
As others have already said: test drive, do your comps, assess what you're looking for, and in the end enjoy what you drive! I like mine a lot despite a couple minor issues................I've never owned a perfect vehicle, but I've liked most of them in the end! GL!

Cadillacyakyak
04-05-11, 08:47 AM
No car is perfect! Buy what you like.

Marc NY
04-05-11, 11:32 AM
I have owned two Buick Enclaves... to me they were really great vehicles. The Enclave was bigger inside and out and the ride was slightly more plush compared to my SRX Performance model. That being said I still enjoy the SRX a lot! It has nicer lines and is easier to park while the gas mileage is very similar.

Only difference I have noticed is some people tend to say Ohhhhh you own a C-A-D-I-L-A-C-! :bulging: :eyebrow: :inlove:

Hmmmm, they never seemed to say that about my great looking Buicks I have owned ????

Smokin' SRX
04-05-11, 11:40 AM
Ditto Marc!! Same exact feelings/experiences, same sleds! I'm proud to own the best, I've earned it, but my doors lock automatically, just in case.............. :suspect:

SS

BlackDeVille
04-05-11, 08:41 PM
I have a 2011 Luxury SRX with nearly 4000 miles and it has been flawless so far.

BobJen
04-05-11, 09:20 PM
Thanks everyone.

c5 rv
04-06-11, 07:15 PM
Frankly, I think the GM truck based SUVs (Yukon / Tahoe / Escalade) provide better reliability than any of the car based units (old or new SRX).

randyespo
04-10-11, 06:17 PM
Have nearly 5K on our 2011 luxury SRX... We love it, have a couple rattles to get checked next week at the first oil change, but car is very comfortable and a pleasure to drive... Hmmmmm and yes it is a CADI:):):)

coolbeans
04-10-11, 07:25 PM
We love our srx!!