: Ipod Connector question...

V-Money
04-04-11, 05:11 PM
First off, I have a 2011 CTS-V coupe, and I tried to plug in an ipod with a normal connector and it didn't work.

After browsing the forums I saw that you need a special adapter for it to work, I was wondering if this was also necessary for the 2011 model. Cadillac provided no help, they were actually quite rude and told me the adapter didn't exist.

Johnsteph10
04-04-11, 06:00 PM
It should have come with your car (at least it did with mine).

Domsz06
04-04-11, 06:41 PM
should have come with the car if you bought it new. I bought the cheap one off ebay and it works fine, just doesn't charge my iphone when playing....

Jeff_J
04-04-11, 07:01 PM
First off, I have a 2011 CTS-V coupe, and I tried to plug in an ipod with a normal connector and it didn't work.

After browsing the forums I saw that you need a special adapter for it to work, I was wondering if this was also necessary for the 2011 model. Cadillac provided no help, they were actually quite rude and told me the adapter didn't exist.

Yes, my 2011 CTS-V sedan came with one. Although it is probably cheaper to buy through alternative sources, you can buy one at the dealer Parts Department. Mine works great.

GAGS-V2
04-05-11, 01:41 AM

Check ALL of the owners manual booklet (mine was stuck in the middle of one of the books). My salesperson was going to get one for me since he could not find one.

jrcmlc
04-05-11, 01:44 AM
Mine was in the center console in a little bag.

Joe

V-Money
04-05-11, 01:46 AM
Thats what I figured, I bought mine new in CT and just moved to CA, and I've never tried to plug in an Ipod before. I looked everywhere for the cable and I don't have it, so I called the local dealership's parts department and they couldn't find it to order, so I called Cadillac directly and the saleswoman told me it didn't exist and that I was probably plugging it into the wrong USB port. I think I found the cable everyone is talking about though, I ordered GM Part #25908035 which I am hoping is the right one. I found you can use a regular ipod cable to charge it via USB, and use an aux input cable for the music, but I really would like to be able to control it with the car.

Domsz06
04-05-11, 11:45 AM
Thats what I figured, I bought mine new in CT and just moved to CA, and I've never tried to plug in an Ipod before. I looked everywhere for the cable and I don't have it, so I called the local dealership's parts department and they couldn't find it to order, so I called Cadillac directly and the saleswoman told me it didn't exist and that I was probably plugging it into the wrong USB port. I think I found the cable everyone is talking about though, I ordered GM Part #25908035 which I am hoping is the right one. I found you can use a regular ipod cable to charge it via USB, and use an aux input cable for the music, but I really would like to be able to control it with the car.

I thought with the one from caddy you could control it from the nav?

sybersport
04-05-11, 12:09 PM
I thought with the one from caddy you could control it from the nav?

Yep, you can control it with the nav screen and steering wheel controls.

khoeysr
04-05-11, 12:22 PM
You should not pay for it. One was provided with both my 09 V sedan and my 11 V coupe.

GAGS-V2
04-05-11, 11:47 PM

So/Cal? If so, come out and join up with us Saturday. Or, if No/Cal, take a road trip south!

Torxila
04-06-11, 04:23 PM
My Coupe came with one, already plugged into the ports in the console. My dealer also has a young techno-geek sales guy who helps all the non-geek old guys like me sort this poop out.

They went over blackberry Ipod, all the voice commands, set up of phone book, recording songs, pausing XM etc. Very helpful to someone like me. Outstanding delivery experience.

George

Tuna
04-06-11, 04:28 PM
It should have come with your car (at least it did with mine).

The special adaptor came with my '11 Vagon.

V-Money
04-14-11, 07:03 PM
So/Cal? If so, come out and join up with us Saturday. Or, if No/Cal, take a road trip south!

Norcal, ultimately San Jose area, I just got out of the service so I'm now getting Lasik, Braces, and dealing with the use tax mess for bringing the car here. Where do you guys normally go, I would love to find a spot where I can take it. I have lots of family down there anyways in Pasadena.

V-Money
04-14-11, 07:07 PM
Update: After a couple weeks of Cadillac investigating, I got a call from the dealer who sold me the car in CT. He didn't know what I was talking about so I asked him if there was another V-series on the lot, he said they had a wagon. I told him to look in it and see what he could find, long story short, he overnighted a cable and now I am good.

Mike02z
04-14-11, 10:10 PM
My 11 did not have one either. The dealer said he was going to get me one but after a week of waiting I just picked one up on eBay for 25 bucks.

acedking90
04-15-11, 12:52 AM
What are you guys talking about? I would srsly like to know.

I have a USB connector in my cars center console, I used an iphone cable to use my iphone with the car's nav. but it says that my phone is not supported. Why is this so?

Bowtye8
04-15-11, 07:20 AM
What are you guys talking about? I would srsly like to know.

I have a USB connector in my cars center console, I used an iphone cable to use my iphone with the car's nav. but it says that my phone is not supported. Why is this so?
Caddy has a specific cable for the ipod to work with it. They retail about 100-150.00. I need one as well.

Domsz06
04-15-11, 08:50 AM
just pick the one up on ebay works great. IT always says it's not supported but then that goes away and it plays fine, or at least mine does on my iPhone 4..... ;)

Got mine for 8 bucks. Heck of a lot better then the 150 from caddy. and it's long enough where people in the back seat can dj too