: Front seat wear

Dondoe
04-04-11, 11:22 AM
My 11 SRX seems to be experiencing severe front seat wear. The vehicle has 2300 miles on it and the seat cushions are already showing signs of cracking and bubbling. I have applied leather conditioner numerous times, however the seats are definitely showing signs of wear. Is anyone else experiencing this?

TRMN8R1
04-04-11, 11:52 AM
Not here, did you show to your dealer?

TheCaptain
04-04-11, 12:02 PM
Leather seats always show wear with "cracks", but bubbling is a different story. Not good and you should have a dealer take a look at that.

Dondoe
04-05-11, 12:01 AM
I will be making the dealer aware as soon as I bring the vehicle in for service. Should be 4 weeks or so. Will keep you advised.

Smokin' SRX
04-05-11, 12:35 PM
Both my former '03 Yukon and current SRX have the light interior. I found "cracking" same as my friends Land Rovers, Lexi, etc. But I have had color issues. I wear lotsa sport jeans, (dark blue) for work and the blue stains the light leather. I cannot ever get more than 90% of it removed. I have tried conditioners/cleaners to no avail. I may just throw a towel on the bottom cushion as that's the place this happens EG.....the edge where you get in/out and rub the most. No where else. I believe it's my jeans.....not the leather's fault.

Minor gripe. But no bubbling/ripples or other.

SS

tc2010
04-06-11, 12:37 AM
Have experienced the headaches associated with leather on car seats. I did a lot of research several years ago and found a very good product line in LeatherMasters. These folks have a number of kits available that clean, pretreat and condition the seats to salvage or prevent damage.
PS: No affiliation.....:D

Smokin' SRX
04-06-11, 10:52 AM
Thx for tip.

SS