: Installing D2S headlights???

daddie2k3
04-04-11, 01:24 AM
I tried searching but no luck and my question is does anybody have a write up on change the hid bulbs and if it's D2S for sure and issues while doing so....

TheCaptain
04-04-11, 10:58 AM
They ARE D2S bulbs for the HID AFL system, and they're fairly easy (if you have a small maneuverable hand) otherwise you'll have to move the fusebox on the driver side and airbox on the passenger side.
Once you get to them, you just twist to release the connector, and then a fine metal spring thingy keeps the bulb in. Be careful as to no move the AFL system around too much when changing bulbs.

This thread has more info. SRX Mods! (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-srx-second-generation-forum-2010/194669-srx-mods-very-pic-heavy.html)

daddie2k3
04-04-11, 08:23 PM
thanks Cap i knew you would come through with a response you are the man when it come to mods but i did see that post but not actual pics of the headlight install and i just wanted to make sure i was doing everything right

Smokin' SRX
04-05-11, 11:17 AM
I tried searching but no luck and my question is does anybody have a write up on change the hid bulbs and if it's D2S for sure and issues while doing so....

Daddie2k3, Capt's thread is excell on lighting! But,do you need to change your bulbs already? What model do you have? (pls expand Profile) Did it come with OEM HID's ? The base/Luxury sleds did not have. (had Halogens) Are you attempting a conversion?

You know of course, the SRX has 50K miles/4 year Bumper-to-bumper warranty, including headlites.

SS

daddie2k3
04-05-11, 03:30 PM
Sorry for no profile but it's a 2011 SRX Performance and yes it has factory HIDS but I was going to change the fogs to Hids but wanted matching low beams and he already has an easy write up on fogs(thanks Capt) but didn't say much on low beams that's why I asked but I do thank you for bringing the warranty to my attention because I might reconsider or either put factory back in when aftermarket goes out and then wait to they go out as well...

Smokin' SRX
04-05-11, 10:45 PM
No prob. good luck playing with her. She a "looker" with those HID's

SS

daddie2k3
04-05-11, 11:59 PM
Thanks...are you saying keep factory Hids or 10000k with fogs...I'm on the fence now because I seen a dts coming my way earlier lol

Smokin' SRX
04-06-11, 09:48 AM
Beware, the 10000 Kelvin temp lites will be very BLUE! Also the higher the temp color rating the shorter the lifespan of the bulb. (Note: Temp color is not an actual temp that burns in the bulb, but rather a reference to a color scale, for Kelvin temp colors)

The factory bulbs are about 5200K Temp I believe. I like them fine, but a 6000K would be my limit, before they get too Blue for my tastes........and maybe the Constables too!

Most of the HID aftermarket sites have a pix of the various colors/temps! Take a look again at Capt's too. I think he posts the Temp he used....

SS

daddie2k3
04-06-11, 01:09 PM
Ok thanks

brendajm
04-07-11, 06:47 AM
I would like to just change out the headlights I have for a more "white" color similar to HIDS, I read alot on the forum but really didnt get a clear
answer as to what would be an easy and good bulb to put in.. Anyone have a bulb that they used and liked? I am not going to switch out for HIDS,, too much work. I had them in my Lexus and loved them though.. but changing out bulbs right now would be an ok option.