: Looks like I've got some computer issues

danrob0123
04-03-11, 11:18 PM
Some issues that have been bothering me with my '04 V...

Problem #1 So the first time I encountered this problem was a day after getting my car dynoed. I was driving along coming to a stop light and all of a sudden the ABS activates out of nowhere, I let off the brake and the car stops itself in the least smooth way possible without my foot even on the brake. Service Stabilitrak message pops up on the nav. It has to be something related to the dyno because I've never experienced this before the dyno, and while the car was on the dyno, the same message was displayed.

Problem # Car goes into reduced engine power mode at low rpm acceleration e.g. starting at a green light shifting at 2k. Also throws a p0068 code (TPS/MAF correlation). This problem is a bit more frustrating because I can't go more than 30mph floored in 6th gear, so I have to pull over on the side of the road, and after much guesswork, I found out that I need to shut the car off, open the door, close the door, lock using keyless entry, unlock, then start again; as this is the only method I have had success with. The first time it happened was a few days after cleaning the TB. I've suspected this as the cause, checked seals and electrical connections in the intake system, and cleaned the MAF sensor with special spray. None of which seemed to fix.

Any ideas before I bring the car into the shop?? Maybe possible fixes, or if anyone has experienced this, Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

CancerJCC
04-04-11, 12:41 AM
1. Just ignore for a few days and see if it goes away. A dyno causes hell on the abs etc etc because it is braking wheels differently than the fronts etc. No worries.

2. Search on how to do a TPS reset. Sounds to me like you probably cleaned it and messed up the link between true 0% throttle and what the PCM "sees". A TPS reset procedure should take care of it.

darkman
04-04-11, 08:39 AM
See attached.

danrob0123
04-06-11, 05:24 PM
thanks guys, darkman I've seen that write up before, I've checked the throttle body and nothing seems to be wrong with it, who knows, I'll have another look at it then maybe its off to the shop, or just maybe ittl fix itself =D