: Eibach's revisited (and trimmed)

musclesbmf
04-03-11, 10:37 PM
Todd (KILLR-V) brought his coupe over yesterday so we could "trim" his front Eibach springs. Before the trim, the rear actually sat lower than the front. After we took 1/4 coil off the top (dead springs), the front sits about 3/16" lower than the rear. Looks about perfect and still rides superb. Perhaps Todd will post up some new pics.

Mark

baabootoo
04-04-11, 01:57 AM
Do you mean you cut 1/4 of the spring where the coils are stacked solid? Is this the dead area? I got the backs done, I need to work on the fronts now.

musclesbmf
04-04-11, 11:06 AM
Yes, it's the top of the spring... but the stock springs are not progressive, so they don't have the "dead" area.

Mark

Caddy Wagon
04-05-11, 02:29 AM
Pics would nice. :cool2:

musclesbmf
04-05-11, 11:07 AM
If it were my car, there would be plenty :-)
Can't get KILLR-V to post anything. He's SLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWW.

cadcoupe
04-05-11, 12:03 PM
We installed the Eibach's on my V-coupe and the stance seems to be perfect. The front is 1/4" inc lower than the rear. the overall look really makes the car look awesome. Pictures attached, please notice the engine cover signed by Andy Pilgrim & Johnny O'Connell during the recent St. Pete grand Prix. Kind of crappy cell phone pics but you get the idea.

http://i1028.photobucket.com/albums/y344/frenchcu/caddy%20profile/caddyengine.jpg

http://i1028.photobucket.com/albums/y344/frenchcu/caddy%20profile/caddyprofilefrt.jpg

http://i1028.photobucket.com/albums/y344/frenchcu/caddy%20profile/caddyprofilere.jpg

musclesbmf
04-05-11, 01:37 PM
Looks real good!!!

Mark

baabootoo
04-05-11, 02:22 PM
Did you happen to measure the rocker panel edges at each wheel well too?

cadcoupe
04-05-11, 03:08 PM
I had not measured that way for we normally measure center of the wheel opening to the ground. However I have remeasured from the rocker panel to the ground at the back of the front wheel and it measures 6" also at spoiler in front of the front wheel also measures 6". The rocker panel at the front of rear wheel down is 6&5/8" the rear is a different story as the rocker or rear fender goes up at that point.

KILLR-V
04-09-11, 11:54 PM
Sorry guys for the wait. Here are some pics! The stance is perfect now! Cutting the 1/4 inch off lowered it just over 1/2 inch in the front. Now just slightly lower than D3s in front and pretty much dead on in the rear.

DrumStix
04-10-11, 09:28 AM
Yes, it's the top of the spring... but the stock springs are not progressive, so they don't have the "dead" area.

Mark

They are not progressive? That was one of the Eibach's best points. They made a limear rate spring for the V? Can you post a pic of said springs?

musclesbmf
04-10-11, 10:16 AM
^^^
Read my post carefully...
The stock springs are not progressive, but the Eibach and the D3 springs definitely are.

Mark

musclesbmf
04-10-11, 10:17 AM
Also, I've got some side by side shots of our cars that I will post up later today.

Mark