: Anyone took the plunge yet with D3 sway bars?

Tony407
04-03-11, 04:44 PM
I've been patiently waiting to see who was going to be the first. Maybe I've missed it? Anyone?

Tony

Bookinctsv
04-03-11, 05:11 PM
i have the d3 springs on my car and i love the way it rides but i do not have sway bars. and also my tires are wearing on the inside even ater the alignment. (thinking about a camber kit)

Tony407
04-03-11, 05:40 PM
I've had the lowering springs and was ridiculously unimpressed with them and ended up selling them to another forum member. It's good to see someone has purchased the sway bars, but I was hoping to find someone with them at stock ride height.

I'm mostly concerned about daily driving on uneven roads, potholes, etc. I don't want to lose traction when taking turns on bumpy surfaces. Track use is important to me, but not at the expense of driving the car to and from school every day in the potholes/speed bumps/hilly/curvy areas of Portland where I live.

Tony

Somefun
04-10-11, 09:37 AM
I think doing one or the other is thr ticket.. I've done the springs and love them but I think the bars would really make it too stiff. I could see doing just the bars and not the springs that way she would be kinda shoft but no body roll maybe?

baabootoo
04-10-11, 05:25 PM
I just added the rear Addco bar (1" solid) but haven't done any tracking yet. I'm sticking with stock springs too until I need something else.

Tony407
04-10-11, 08:37 PM
I just added the rear Addco bar (1" solid) but haven't done any tracking yet. I'm sticking with stock springs too until I need something else.

Some subjective evaluations of your experience with the rear bar would be helpful. I'm more interested in daily driving experiences than track use.

Tony

baabootoo
04-11-11, 12:37 AM
Oh, no change at all in daily driving then. It still moves in the mounts easy.

Tony407
04-11-11, 12:48 AM
Oh, no change at all in daily driving then. It still moves in the mounts easy.

So what have you noticed? Surely there's some difference in the way the car handles, leans, responds to bumps in the road, etc.

Tony

ajjones44
04-11-11, 04:41 AM

How much was the rear and how difficult of an install?

Somefun
04-11-11, 05:26 AM
Yeah can you feel any diff when turning?

Dr. Design
04-11-11, 07:04 PM
Hello,
We have been moving a lot of these sway bars and doing a bunch of installs. So far the feedback has been GREAT! Actually we are doing an install today for a Sedan. Unfortunately some of these customers are not forum members, so I dont know if you will hear from them. But I am sure there are some on the boards.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

Tony407
04-12-11, 02:26 AM
Hello,
We have been moving a lot of these sway bars and doing a bunch of installs. So far the feedback has been GREAT! Actually we are doing an install today for a Sedan. Unfortunately some of these customers are not forum members, so I dont know if you will hear from them. But I am sure there are some on the boards.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

Well, Dr. Again we have a conundrum. Based on my past experience, I'm going to be a hard sell. I need to hear more from those that have these.

Tell you what. I'll buy a set as long as you can guarantee me a 100% refund of the purchase price if I'm not completely happy. I need at least 60 days or so to truly be able to give them a try.

What do you say? Keep in mind that 99.9% of my driving is back and forth in the hilly, pot hole and speed bump infested, rainy city of Portland. Track and autocross benefits aside, my main concern is a detriment in day-to-day city and suburban driving.

Tony

rjoffe
04-12-11, 09:04 AM
Unfortunately some of these customers are not forum members, so I dont know if you will hear from them. But I am sure there are some on the boards.

You guys should add a sticker to your invoices, something about joining the forums, I think it would be beneficial to the community and to your business.

ajjones44
04-12-11, 09:51 AM
Well, Dr. Again we have a conundrum. Based on my past experience, I'm going to be a hard sell. I need to hear more from those that have these.

Tell you what. I'll buy a set as long as you can guarantee me a 100% refund of the purchase price if I'm not completely happy. I need at least 60 days or so to truly be able to give them a try.

What do you say? Keep in mind that 99.9% of my driving is back and forth in the hilly, pot hole and speed bump infested, rainy city of Portland. Track and autocross benefits aside, my main concern is a detriment in day-to-day city and suburban driving.

Tony

I agree. After wasting time and money on their springs I will not buy another D3 product.

Dr. Design
04-12-11, 03:02 PM
Hello,
We are sorry you did not have a favorable experience with one of our products. Please keep in mind that it is just (1) product of the many that we produce and should not be considered typical of all of our products. But if that is the way you feel, we are sorry about that product experience.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

I agree. After wasting time and money on their springs I will not buy another D3 product.

Tony407
04-12-11, 05:04 PM
Please let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

I have a question. Care to take me up on my offer? I will understand if you don't want to. But please let me know either way.

Tony

RapidRob
04-12-11, 10:12 PM
^^^^ - No, no, no Tony - they want you to call them, and THEN they will answer your question(s).

Rob

baabootoo
04-13-11, 12:20 AM
How much was the rear and how difficult of an install?

Jack up car on both sides, and remove wheels. Lower the rear of the exhaust a few? inches with a jack after the 6 rubber mounts are removed. Remove 2 nuts on connecting links and 4 bolts on stock bar mounts, and remove. Install new bar and reattach 4 bolts and 2 nuts. Put the exhaust back up, add tires, and drop. I did it in my driveway in about an hour.

ajjones44
04-13-11, 11:37 AM
Jack up car on both sides, and remove wheels. Lower the rear of the exhaust a few? inches with a jack after the 6 rubber mounts are removed. Remove 2 nuts on connecting links and 4 bolts on stock bar mounts, and remove. Install new bar and reattach 4 bolts and 2 nuts. Put the exhaust back up, add tires, and drop. I did it in my driveway in about an hour.

How much was it and who did you purchase it from. Thanks.

Dr. Design
04-13-11, 07:34 PM
Correct. Seeing that his offer is not our policy for the parts we manufacturer, yes a phone call would be much better suited to discuss such a matter. Hope you guys understand.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

^^^^ - No, no, no Tony - they want you to call them, and THEN they will answer your question(s).

Rob

Tony407
04-13-11, 09:47 PM
Correct. Seeing that his offer is not our policy for the parts we manufacturer, yes a phone call would be much better suited to discuss such a matter. Hope you guys understand.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

I'll give it some consideration. I'm not sure who you (Dr. Design) are, but the times I've talked to James there I've always been treated well. Thanks.

Tony

baabootoo
04-14-11, 01:03 AM
How much was it and who did you purchase it from. Thanks.

I'm not sure of the vendor issue, but if you search auto parts places, it will pop up pretty easy.