: What happened to some of the regulars?

Night Wolf
10-06-04, 09:40 PM
I was looking at the member list:

http://cadillacforums.com/forums/memberlist.php?&order=DESC&sort=posts&pp=30&ltr=

some people struck me as odd.... Katshot hasn't been here since April 3rd!?!?

KC also hasn't been here in a while, Mad'Lac is almost a month, and MMNIN hasn't been here since July 24th....

just seems wierd... these are the regulars... honeslty it seems like they poseted last week... it is strange... but Kat really surprized me.. I according to that, he wasn't on all summer?!?

Anyone know what happened to them?

Vesicant
10-06-04, 09:44 PM
Katshot and KC left i hear... as for the rest.. im not sure. :helpless:

Adam
10-06-04, 09:53 PM
wonder why they left :hmm: , i havent found any sites better than this? maybe they sold out on the Cadillac world and drive hondas :suspect: :helpless: God i hope not.

K2K
10-06-04, 09:59 PM
I still talk to Katshot on other forums

Stoneage_Caddy
10-06-04, 10:02 PM
kat and kc boath left angry , not that they went to a beatter place but didnt want to be here , most of the issues realted to the mods (has been a problem off and on as we grow)

RBraczyk
10-06-04, 10:03 PM
Yea he's still got the caddy, he belongs to another forum. He apparently got fed up with some of our members, and rightfully so. Ask dave smed, he should know a bit.

RBraczyk
10-06-04, 10:06 PM
I'm also not too happy with the mods here, more and more frequently i find my posts being deleted without me knowing, and i really don't appreciate it. I'll probably start a thread on it. Not the kind of respect you give to someone who helps fund your site.

Night Wolf
10-06-04, 10:26 PM
Oh yeah, I remember Kat and KC going at it a few times... then the thing with the mods... I miss Kat though, he was a great guy....

the mods... eh.... I *persoanlly* and hoenstly think there are wayyy too many sub-rooms... there are so many, and they try to be so specific, that if somethign is in between, and somebody posts it on 1 forum, then it gets moved...

...kinda like my thread about my '79... IIRC I posted it int he lounge foru,m, and it got moved to the non-model specific.... what is with that? I can understand if it is someone that just cmae here and put a questions about his 1992 Allante in the Escalade room... but c'mon....

... about there being too many rooms though... I dunno, becuase of that, I only check out the same 7 rooms or so every day... I just don't have the time to do any more, as I already spend many hours here posting replies and stuff... it is over whelming with all the rooms... maybe there would be a way to combine some like just off the top of my head... electrical and security system rooms... then the whole thig with current and past Cadilacs, and FWD or RWD... it is very confusing... I would just have 1 room for each model of car.. who cares if it is FWD or RWD.... I think it woudl be much more easy to navigate..... Also the order in the "general disscussion" section... I think the first room should be the non-model specific, then the lounge, then current issues (why is it at the bottom?) move the detiling section under electrical, combine Cadillac verses and kills rooms etc....

It is just my opinion... I noticed since i started coming here more regulary eairler this year, it is very difficult to navigate thru... I have gown to it now, but it is still a pain... Although on the other hand, unlike another car forum I suscribe to which is only 1 make/model of car.. this is a whole divsion... still, there has to be a way to organize it better....

... sorry to go off on a tangent :)

Stoneage_Caddy
10-06-04, 10:26 PM
nature of the beast man , then again ive never had one of my posts deleted ...

I remeber back over at nico that the site there was privatly owned , and if the owner saw fit we would only have sections for technical posts

Ralph
10-06-04, 11:01 PM
Has Wes been around lately? He's probably pounding the pavement looking for a job.

Night Wolf
10-06-04, 11:14 PM
according to the page, he hasn't been on since Sept. 26th... damn post whore :D j/k

why is he looking for a new job?

Ralph
10-06-04, 11:38 PM
why is he looking for a new job?

I just assumed he graduated HS this year?

Elvis
10-06-04, 11:49 PM
I thought he had another year to go?

Adam
10-06-04, 11:51 PM
Nightwolf- not to sound like an ass or anything but if you think you could do better than... Sal has done excellent with this site and i dont appreciate it :mad: i am not being mean or anything and dont want to sound like that but, you know.

Ralph
10-06-04, 11:51 PM
I thought he had another year to go?

Geez, is that kid ever gonna grow up? :D He's like Michael J. Fox already. :hide: :littlewes

majax
10-07-04, 12:00 AM
Yeah he has been kinda gone, of course school has slowed down my posts sorta. I am just so glad I have a 5-day weekend :bouncy:. I have not been here long enough to know some of the guys you said had left. I really just started posting in June.

DaveSmed
10-07-04, 01:32 AM
Yea, Kat has decided to leave here for personal reasons.... One that kinda suprised me was toomanytoyz, he's been doing a BUNCH of stuff to his car, ghost flames, shaving emblems, LT4 conversion (i think he is...) in addition to what he already has done, the T56 springs to mind. http://www.uniquekind.net/caddypage/

ShadowLvr400
10-07-04, 01:50 AM
I'm also not too happy with the mods here, more and more frequently i find my posts being deleted without me knowing, and i really don't appreciate it. I'll probably start a thread on it. Not the kind of respect you give to someone who helps fund your site.

That might be some of the stuff I had been doing. I tend to try and merge threads if they have the same topic. I also move threads without a redirect to keep things a bit cleaner. Check that such a thing hasnt happened. I also accidentally deleted a thread or two early on.

davesdeville
10-07-04, 02:02 AM
I hate coming here anymore. I mean I like posting, but I'm still pissed that an administrator took away all my "privelages" other than posting. I also hate it that I can't link to another forum that sometimes has much better and more specific information. Stupid admin. :mad:

majax
10-07-04, 03:47 AM
Dave-you're just one of the regulars without privelages now like me. :halo:

a little off topic but how on earth can i shrink one of my photos enough to work as an avatar. Everyone has thier own unique photo but me.

tru504187211
10-07-04, 04:22 AM
a little off topic but how on earth can i shrink one of my photos enough to work as an avatar. Everyone has thier own unique photo but me.

If you've got it, Photoshop can change that real easy for ya!

T_Dogg8
10-07-04, 09:10 AM
i think some of the mods are a little too 'aggressive', but if you've ever been to a forum with no mod or little intervention, you know this is MUCH better. 95% of us can police ourselves, but 5% of us can't, and more people will start posting just to be an ass if the mods lightened up. my only complaint with the mods are a a couple of them have closed threads because they didn't agree with what was being talked about. and the topic wasn't even bad. that made me a little upset.

i just started posting in may, so i didn't know a lot of those guys, but mad'lac is a mod in the escalade forum and i barely even remember him being here. so if anyone needs another escalade mod to at least 'fill-in' for him and help carl out, i'm always here.

majax
10-07-04, 03:01 PM
If you've got it, Photoshop can change that real easy for ya!

maybe I can steal it from a friend I know who has it.

Dead Sled
10-07-04, 08:19 PM
yeah iVe about had it with this place too

over run by love god ass kids with dubs, left wing extremists this place has taken tounchy feely PC to almost the same level as Democratic Underground. here many get black listed for being conservitive.

oh nice touch :rant2:

but i still like it

Dead Sled
10-07-04, 08:20 PM
I hate coming here anymore. I mean I like posting, but I'm still pissed that an administrator took away all my "privelages" other than posting. I also hate it that I can't link to another forum that sometimes has much better and more specific information. Stupid admin. :mad:

+1

Vesicant
10-07-04, 08:38 PM
:helpless:

Dead Sled
10-07-04, 08:42 PM
:drinker

Dead Sled
10-07-04, 08:46 PM
and I never even got an explination on why im no longer good enough to be a mod? just sign on one day and booom it gone!

Dead Sled
10-07-04, 08:47 PM
:helpless: Dont give up all hope... im sure theres a way we can work this out- we all just need to communicate more about what we want in this forum (i think).

There have been issues with spammers which is part of the reason why posting to other forums is frowned upon. Anything that happens on these threads happens for a good purpose.

Some of our mods may be more aggressive than others, but most of the time its for a good reason; and when some person who made some thread that got deleted because it wasnt correctly justified to post, or is inappropriate retaining to the rules and they start to complain, what can we do?

One thing I am ticked about though, is that this class/political, even opinionated profiling bs needs to stop. Its time to start focusing more on our Caddies than it is on other non-automotive related issues. We can be friends, we can talk about our Cadillacs and things the automotive industry is going on about... but shuning someone because of their views shant be allowed.

If any of you have a problem with any thing... feel free to PM one of us, or email etc. We're here to help also, not just moderate.

Dont forget, reporting a bad post helps also.
JefferyG is online now Report Bad Post Reply With Quote

I read what you had and it sounded great and I whoely agree but I just havent seen it work that way here in a long time

RBraczyk
10-07-04, 08:53 PM
I agree about the mod, but its far from democratic here. I feel I've been violated by mods, I mean shit I dont' have the greatest track record, but when I sign on and find a post I made missing, I certainly don't appreciate it. I've had almost 50 posts deleted to date, and even though I pay, I still can't get anything answered by sal, and I feel like I'm being treated like crap.

elwesso
10-07-04, 08:56 PM
Alright, I have been on an extended hiatus but heres the deal....

I dont appreciate these comments..... HEre are the facts...

1. We are very leniant, and very rarely edit posts..... At least ot my knowledge, but lately it hasnt been hard to slip something under any of the admins (myself, Sal, Brett)

2. Most forums have a zero tolerance level on this sort of posts... No one ever seems to care there....

3. Our moderators and administrators work VERY hard to make this place tick... Anarchy is NOT good...

From now on, if ANYONE has any issues with the moderation staff and anything that hapens there... I would appreciate it if that party would please contact me... Making it public just pisses everyone else off...

KC and Katshot left because they had personal issues with the team... Some bad things had happened, but right now everything is running smoothly i think.....

If we keep being more and more leniant (mroe than we already are) then there will be nothing for us to do.. I have to draw a line somewhere.....

Dead Sled
10-07-04, 09:02 PM
I forsee this thread getting stiffeled locked and swalowed up in history :helpless:

elwesso
10-07-04, 09:12 PM
Alright listen...... If you want your moderatorship back, we'll talk to Sal..... No sense in getting pissed......

I dont understand why the members get so pissed about little things..... If I had admin access, id look at the moderator logs just to see if anything has been done... I know **all** of our moderators fairly personally, and really they have no reason to edit posts just for the sake of doing that..... Not to be arrogant, but I would be able to tell that.....

Getting pissed about somtehing isnt going to fix the situation, it just makes other people mad and continues the digression... I think all you guys should be more appreciative of what SAL does for this place..... he pays out the ass for this website, and continues to do this...... If we didnt have that, you wouldnt even be here to bitch about worthless things anyway!

I wont lock this thread, although I should to stay consistent with my beliefs...

Again, if anyone has any complaints please do it in private.... IF you make things public like this it just humilates our hard working team... I DO NOT appreciate that...

Dead Sled
10-07-04, 09:21 PM
im not getting pissed or anything im not even trying to invoke anarchy

its was just a topic of discussion and I was offering debate and i am not trying to defame or pubicaly humiliate any one here especialy the staff and mods. I know they do work around here and some times appear to biased and unfair but its only in the eyes of some one who felt they were wronged.

I apoligize for any excitement i invoked tonight

illumina
10-07-04, 09:21 PM
to all of the big dogs: love whatcha doin' here, i say keep up the good work.

i have been members of some other forums, and ill say this is by far the CLEANEST, outside of a pc forum that i go to. some of the site moderators out there are just plain lazy: they will let racist bull on their sites and do nothing about it, which of course brings out the "best" in human judgment.

keep up the good work everyone. i wouldn't be able to spread my evil 4.9 modification ideas if it were not for this site.

:thumbsup:

elwesso
10-07-04, 10:11 PM
Thanks for the comments guys..... I think everyone just got a little heated..... but Im glad everyone got this resolved...

remember our moderators are human, they will make mistakes..... Any issues please address with me, and I intend to make ANY and EVERY situation right..

My email addres is wes@q45.org, AIM is elwesso69...

Thank you!

tru504187211
10-07-04, 11:01 PM
You guys may not know how leanient this forum is when speaking of using the search function! I belong to a few tech forums and if you don't search first, there ARE consequences...tell me this forum is strict now! :D

Dead Sled
10-07-04, 11:04 PM
You guys may not know how leanient this forum is when speaking of using the search function! I belong to a few tech forums and if you don't search first, there ARE consequences...tell me this forum is strict now! :D

yeah i know :D

Brett
10-07-04, 11:15 PM
RB---its time for you to STFU, NOBODY here deletes posts. it is not allowed except under EXTREME circumstances. And even then they are not deleted they are hidden away in another forum and there are currently no posts in there from you. If you think being a paying member means you can flame people and lie about what the mods do, then you are WRONG.

Dead--You were gone a long time man and we all thank you for what you have done(Iraq), we made changes. You want back in, find a place that needs coverage and drop me a PM, ill set you up

Stoneage_Caddy
10-07-04, 11:16 PM
this forum isnt strict compared to other places i visit

I have had issues on other forums within minutes of signing in and makeing a post ..

The worst by far is The pocketbike place i visit , i cant stand to be there but i need info sometimes and it becomes a nessesary evil ...i only have 20 something posts and i already have had fights with mods HUGE FIGHTS....after that last one i raided the whole site useing "search" finding as much info as i could, copyed it to my drive and never went back .....

Now if i get into a fight with a mod one must surely know how bad it could be elsewhere , i feel lucky to be at this site where there is only one mod that i hate with a passion ...but at the same token it is far from perfect here

BeelzeBob
10-07-04, 11:56 PM
Night Wolf.. Yes, we've had some people leave us. It happens. I run several large forums and it's just a part of growing. In the beginning, there's only one direction - forward. Everybody agrees on that direction. Then, when things start getting busy - you need to enforce rules and take a change in direction. Some people don't agree with that direction - and leave. It's sad, but you deal with it and move on. Katshot was a great guy. He's probably the main reason I bought my Fleetwood Brougham. I miss having him here but you can't force people to stick around.. Every busy forum loses some of it's best people.. Just like in life - you don't keep all your friends forever. They come; they go... KC was another guy I thought it was great to have around. Toomanytoys.. There's a few.. Hopefully they'll stop in one day to let us know how they're doing...

RB. If you think that you can get around the rules because you're a Supporting Member, let me know and I'll refund your money now and you can leave. Rules are rules. No one else who's become a Supporting Member has expected to bend the rules because of it. That's not the reason you support a site. You support it because you like it. If you don't like the way things are here, please, let me know so I can cut you off.

Davesdeville. If you hate coming here, then please, be my guest and stop. You lost your PM priviledges because you were reported spamming. I mentioned this in another topic you complained in as well. You broke the rules and now you're paying the consequences. Life has rules. Deal with it - or leave. Calling me "stupid" isn't smart either. www.cadillacforums.com/agreement.html - Personal attacks or name-calling can get you banned. This is your final warning.

Majax.. What priviledges have you lost?

Dead Sled.. All you had to do was ask. We closed your "Mod" account due to your absense.. Nothing else.. You're welcome to come back as a Mod - if you want to.. Just let me know.. In regards to being black listed - who are you talking about? I don't know of anyone being black listed.. Also - this is the reason I originally did NOT want political discussions around here. Unfortunately, a few people made a really big stink about it (a couple left when we originally ruled against it), and now we've got a forum for it. I don't like it - by I lost the vote...

Otherwise.. In the beginning, it was rough. We had growing pains.. We still do - we're still growing. But I've received quite a few emails from people telling me how well this place is run. I don't receive any emails of complaints. More people like to complain than compliment - so I'm really impressed about that.. At any cost, I do agree that "rules" stink! I hate them! *I* don't like a few of the rules around here. But, what can I do? A busy place NEEDS rules. Just like you don't like it - I don't like it.. But, I deal with it. I hope all of you will manage to do the same..

I'd like to thank everyone who actually made some positive comments in this thread. I appreciate it. It really is hard work running a place like this. The team is doing a great job keeping things running smoothly... I know it may get a little hectic sometimes - and for that, I apologize...

HotRodSaint
10-08-04, 12:02 AM
People are shunned because of their political view here? :confused: Is that why no one talks to me? :lildevil:

I would love to read what some moderators post about people in their private section. I was accidently allowed to read the lies one spread about me after I resigned as a moderator. I should have responded to the post just to embarrass his pathetic little self.

I do have to say, that Brett has been doing a great job of customer service and Sal has always tried very hard to make this site good. Do I agree with not being able to link elsewhere? No. I think at this point this site has won the battle for Cadillac owners. If we are going to increase the wealth of information, we should be able to share it where ever it might come from.

I do miss KC and Kat. But they put up with a bunch of politcal crap at the very beginning and they just had enough. It's a shame, because this site might have grown faster had a certain moron not been made a super moron. And the information available from KC and Kat would have made a valuable addition. But super moron is an a$$ and he knows it, as do most who have read his crap, both private and public.

Why did I read this anyway. :helpless:

HotRodSaint
10-08-04, 12:20 AM
We haven't had the charge of a conspiracy yet, so it must not be a crisis. Quick, everyone start a flurry of private e-mails to each other! :lildevil: :histeric:

majax
10-08-04, 12:27 AM
This is the only forum I have ever posted on so I cannot compare it but I can say that I really like it a lot. I have never had anything deleted etc.

I think this place is just perfect. :yup: :D :thumbsup:

Thanks, Sal, Wess, (and all the others(it would take me a while to think of all your names) :p ;)

I don't remember saying I lost any priveleges Sal :hmm: I will go back and reread what I wrote. I have not lost any that I know of

majax
10-08-04, 12:32 AM
Oh, sorry about that Sal I worded it all wrong.

I just pretty much ment that he was like me with all the regular privelages, none of the special privelages like the supporting members or moderators.

and I still plan on sending you some money, kinda broke right now.

davesdeville
10-08-04, 12:34 AM
There, finally got your attention Sal. Now that you're listening, who did I spam, when did I spam them/when was it reported, and why wasn't I notified of this when it happened or when I brought it up in the past?

I apologise for calling you names and I didn't mean I hated coming here either, I get frustrated when I'm ignored (or think I'm being ignored). Sorry if I missed a reply from you earlier.

elwesso
10-08-04, 12:39 AM
Thanks HRS, glad to see you havent changed!!!!!! If your saying because I became a supermoderator that this place hasnt grown as much, and I am the soul cause of everything bad..... First, thats absolutely ludacris.....

Secondly, if others feel that way... I have **NO** problem stepping down and giving my position to someone more worthy of it... No problem at all, if all the work Ive done to allegedly make this place better has been a fallacy, by all means.....

RBraczyk
10-08-04, 12:40 AM
I'm not trying to bend the rules or flame anyone. I feel that at times i've been treated unfairly. Sal if you want to continue this, i'd like to talk to you personally, thats if you have the time...

elwesso
10-08-04, 12:41 AM
BTW... Your the same age as my father, and I cant believe you are being so inmature about it..... No i dont know everything, nor do I claim to... Im just trying to help others out, thats all...

Hell, if you think youd do a better job doing what I do, then by all means, as far as im concerned, you can have my position... I'll email you my username and password!

RBraczyk
10-08-04, 12:41 AM
And yes, brett, some people have deleted my posts. I'll report it the next time hows that?

Stoneage_Caddy
10-08-04, 12:42 AM
what in the hell is the deal with you two .....Someone needs to bring me up to speed with the HRS and wes deal .....i dont see what the problem is with either of you two ....did wes pee in your cornflakes or something?

elwesso
10-08-04, 12:42 AM
And yes, brett, some people have deleted my posts. I'll report it the next time hows that?
THats all we've ever asked... Im not on AIM 24/7 for nothing! :)

HotRodSaint
10-08-04, 01:11 AM
Thanks HRS, glad to see you havent changed!!!!!! If your saying because I became a supermoderator that this place hasnt grown as much, and I am the soul cause of everything bad..... First, thats absolutely ludacris.....

Secondly, if others feel that way... I have **NO** problem stepping down and giving my position to someone more worthy of it... No problem at all, if all the work Ive done to allegedly make this place better has been a fallacy, by all means.....

Why did you spread lies about me behind my back too? :annoyed:

I was speaking of the super admin, or whatever D*I*R*T B*O*Y*S title was.

So exactly what lies did you post about me after I left? :mad:

And now that you bring it up, weren't you the main reason KC left?

HotRodSaint
10-08-04, 01:18 AM
BTW... Your the same age as my father, and I cant believe you are being so inmature about it..... No i dont know everything, nor do I claim to... Im just trying to help others out, thats all...

Hell, if you think youd do a better job doing what I do, then by all means, as far as im concerned, you can have my position... I'll email you my username and password!

I didn't even mention your name moron. You got all defensive over what? Your guilt? So what lies did you say about me then? :madtalkin

If I were your father, I'd smack you up side the head and tell you to STFU! :want:

BTW. It's immature. If you are going to be immature and begin calling people names, then at least spell them right.

Now go to your room and do your homework little golden boy.

HotRodSaint
10-08-04, 01:22 AM
what in the hell is the deal with you two .....Someone needs to bring me up to speed with the HRS and wes deal .....i dont see what the problem is with either of you two ....did wes pee in your cornflakes or something?

I wasn't even addressing Wes. Why he got his panties all wadded up is beyond me.

HotRodSaint
10-08-04, 01:24 AM
We haven't had the charge of a conspiracy yet, so it must not be a crisis. Quick, everyone start a flurry of private e-mails to each other! :lildevil: :histeric:

I do seem to remember that Wes was one of the paranoid moderators. :cookoo:

Now I'd really like to see what these people write about us. :eek:

Stoneage_Caddy
10-08-04, 01:31 AM
ok where in this thread did wes call you a name ?

in fact i see your calling the first one here , same tactic we use in the political side on RB after you rattle him? Well RB does deserve it sometimes....

all i see is wes noted you were acting immature regarding the issue , he didnt call you a name .... :hmm:

hes probabaly on the denfesive from the last go round you all had , isnt wes the only supermod ? even i figured out who you were talking about after this:
But super moron is an a$$ and he knows it, as do most who have read his crap, both private and public.

Unless its a coincidence the word super was jsut used to indicate the level of the person you were really calling a name

HotRodSaint
10-08-04, 01:32 AM
This was D*I*R*T B*O*Y*S problem too. As a moderator, and especially as a super duper moderator, you shouldn't engage in public disputes. And you should never, ever call your customers names.

At least I had enough sense to step down for the good of the board over my indiscretions.

But it seems that at least one member of the special ruling class hasn't learn a thing in the past year and a half.

HotRodSaint
10-08-04, 01:41 AM
The only issue I had with Wes, was when he sided with D*I*R*T B*O*Y without even reviewing the sequence of events.

I only have anymosity toward that one lieing SOB. And he's earned every bit of that anymosity.

He lied about events, then once I left the moderator section, he spun his story with further lies knowing that I couldn't defend myself. But I was able to read it afterwards and decided not to post a reply because pathetic little people should remain in their pathetic little worlds. I have remained far from him and will continue to do so.

Evidently Wes still holds this against me, rather then the liar who caused it.

Stoneage_Caddy
10-08-04, 01:46 AM
ahh you make much more sense now .....thought it was all against wes for that deal a while back , looks like alot more than what us "commoners" were privy to ......

HotRodSaint
10-08-04, 01:51 AM
did wes pee in your cornflakes or something?

I think the term was 'Piss in your Wheaties'. I think that was a Kat saying, or maybe I used that with Kat. :D

Stoneage_Caddy
10-08-04, 01:53 AM
well i got it from an old boss in alaska one day when i came to work sick ...good to see someone else uses it

HotRodSaint
10-08-04, 01:55 AM
well i got it from an old boss in alaska one day when i came to work sick ...good to see someone else uses it

Sorry, I thought you were referring to another past pissing match from the beginning. ;)

BeelzeBob
10-08-04, 01:57 AM
Just an FYI. The moderator forum is dead. We haven't had issues with anyone in a long time.

DavesDeville and RB - you guys can email me about stuff if you like. Just use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page. That stuff comes to me.. But thanks for both of your level-headed responses. :)

Otherwise. This Wes and HRS thing was a misunderstanding and I hope we can leave it at that. Whoever needs to get the next word-in - please do it via PM. Okay?

Otherwise.. Not everyone is going to like one another. We have almost 17000 people here. You're bound to not get along with somebody. Please leave it at that and lets not bring up problems from the past. Let by-gones be by-gones..

Stoneage_Caddy
10-08-04, 01:58 AM
dayum , youd think this was a espisode of MTV's "Real World"

"We took 15,000 Cadillac owners and crammed them into a corner of the web to see what happens when people stop being polite and start being real"

HotRodSaint
10-08-04, 02:03 AM
dayum , youd think this was a espisode of MTV's "Real World"

"We took 15,000 Cadillac owners and crammed them into a corner of the web to see what happens when people stop being polite and start being real"

I think it was crazier when there only like 5 posters.

majax
10-08-04, 02:39 AM
great one stoney:histeric:
so can we vote people out of the forum, hmm :hmm:

5 posters must have been a long time ago, still though to me it doesn't seem like there really is 17,000 here. Of course some people just seem to post a question that they need answered and then leave forever. By the way for the first time ever I actually read the rools for the site :bighead:.

oh yeah great job Sal or who ever did it on the site title in the upper left. The font is just perfect.

RBraczyk
10-08-04, 07:52 AM
LOL @ stoney. Thats great. Cadillac world, where old men beat each other with their canes...

D148L0
10-08-04, 11:48 AM
Cadillac world, where old men beat each other with their canes...
:histeric: :histeric:
LMAO!!!

T_Dogg8
10-08-04, 11:54 AM
that's great. thanks, i needed a laugh this morning.

BUILDINGCTSAMG
10-08-04, 01:40 PM
I also so want to say if anyone has any issues with me please pm me. I know I moderate the CTS sections pretty hard but its because its a large (lasrgest?) section and I feel it only got popular becuase of the tough tough moderation....we dont have spam we dont have discussion its about cts's and so forth....so please if you have any problems with me pm me or bring it up. I know people got upset when I locked the CORSA thread a while ago (I got pms) but I was treating corsa just like any other non supporting member. Now that they are supporting members its all good.

T_Dogg8
10-08-04, 04:17 PM
i have a question for the mods. buildingctsamg mentioned not having discussions, i'm assuming slightly off-topic, and i was wondering if that is how everyone feels?? not trying to complain or start something, just wanted to see what the mods think. is it really that bad if a few topics get a little off of the main topic?? i know on the escalade forum, you start to get to know the other owners and occasionally we get a little off-topic just like you would with friends. i like that and i think it makes it a more friendly place. if other mods do that, i'd reccomend just thinking about it. i understand you can't let it get really out of control, but off-topic disscussions aren't always bad.

not trying to start anything or complain. just wanted some clarity. thanks.

majax
10-08-04, 04:55 PM
Well they tell us not to use existing threads as much as possible so if you have a quick question it saves a lot of time and space to just put it in a existing thread maybe even one thats dieing.

barge master
10-08-04, 06:25 PM
I think it pays for everyone to have a little tolerance for each other. I suspect the reason most people started coming here is that they love their Caddys right? Personally I don't give a FF about someones difference of personal opinion on lifes issues as long as they're respectful and intelligent to talk/debate with. Fooling with this silly computer is just something to occupy my time because I'm too busy with family issues to have a life anymore. :crying2: What I'd really rather do is spend more time on my cars because that's what I'm into. It's cool to chat with some good guys on here,and the know-it-alls and ball busters are easy enough to ignore. :D

BeelzeBob
10-08-04, 08:00 PM
It's okay to go a little off topic as long as you don't completely change the original posters reason for the discussion. If someone is asking why their check engine light comes on - and before he/she gets a straight answer, we're talking about Star Wars, that's not fair to the person who posted the topic. As long as the topic doesn't go way off base and completely forget about the actual REASON for the topic, it's okay.

For example, this would be fine:

1. Hey. Why is this light coming on?

2. Not sure.. But it could be because of THIS...

3. Do you really think so? I mean, what if.......

4. Hey #2. Long time no see. How you been? Anyway.. I think the check engine light is this....

#4 changed the subject a little bit, but atleast he didn't set things up so #2 goes into how his parents just got divorced and life sucks without the ex-girlfriend - and that's that.. THAT could be done in a PM or in the Lounge. The bottom line is, #4 did his thing - but also offered some input to the guy/girl who actually started the topic..

I'm not saying everything has to be perfect all of the time. But we should definitely take a moment to think before creating an off-topic feel to the message. If it's just a B.S. post in the Lounge, it's not as big of a deal as a "Hey, what's wrong with my Northstar?!". Just keep in mind how the person who "owns" the thread may feel.. Afterall, more times than not, it's somebody looking for help.

elwesso
10-08-04, 09:26 PM
Alright... IM back again...

HRS... No hard feelings, but it certainly did seem like you were attacking me..... Sorry I didnt do what you thought I should do, but in retrospect you were right, I will admit... :) No hard feelings

I hope that this thread has allowed ALL of us to get some tension out of our systems and now we can go back to more important things.....

majax
10-09-04, 04:54 AM
Do not take this the wrong way, but you must admit everyone kinda getting mad and all :hide: made for some real good reading in this thread :histeric: :p.

spread the love ;)

Night Wolf
10-09-04, 02:12 PM
Do not take this the wrong way, but you must admit everyone kinda getting mad and all :hide: made for some real good reading in this thread :histeric: :p.

spread the love ;)

See what I started?

Oh no! getting off topic :suspense:
jk :D

BeelzeBob
10-09-04, 02:25 PM
Some of you guys are truely maniacs. :p

ShadowLvr400
10-09-04, 02:35 PM
Yes, we are Sal. And you made some of us maniacs mods. :) Kinda hard to say I'm sane, I wrecked a car doing 100+, and still drive at those sorts of speeds. But, I'm still here... still picking glass out of my arm, etc.

RBraczyk
10-09-04, 03:26 PM
your going to be picking glass out of your arm for the rest of your life. my mom still gets shards out of her forehead and that was 40 years ago.

Elvis
10-09-04, 07:51 PM
Winter is coming. When it's cold out, people stay in and argue over the internet. It's a new form of cabin fever for the 21st century.

RBraczyk
10-09-04, 07:58 PM
Agreed.

bbozsik
10-10-04, 05:51 AM
Hey, I gotta tell everyone...

I love this site. Of all the forums I've either visited or become a part of, this is by the far the most professional of all.

I have horror stories upon horror stories of trying to get information about my Dodge Intrepid, or my Audi...

I never lived through utter hell, though, until I tried to get information for a second generation Dodge Stratus that I just bought.

Me: "Can anyone explain how I'm getting DTC codes for no-signal cam and crank shaft sensors, yet I can drive my car for thousands of miles?"

Them: "Hey, are you gonna keep the stock wheels on it?"
Them: "Great tint job.. you gonna lower it?"
Them: "No, but what kinda amp you put in that?
Them: "How do I stop my rear view mirror from vibrating with a big subwoofer installed?"

Yes, love and respect your CadillacForums.com... don't forget how good we all have it here.

Stoneage_Caddy
10-10-04, 12:01 PM
Winter is coming. When it's cold out, people stay in and argue over the internet. It's a new form of cabin fever for the 21st century.

Here is to this winter :drinker

May the fights be good as the last winter :lildevil:

HotRodSaint
10-10-04, 02:39 PM
Some of you guys are truely maniacs. :p

I have visions of knee warmers!
:band: :dance: :banana: :banghead2 :violin: :hammer: :musical: :drinker

HotRodSaint
10-10-04, 02:59 PM
HRS... No hard feelings, but it certainly did seem like you were attacking me..... Sorry I didnt do what you thought I should do, but in retrospect you were right, I will admit... :) No hard feelings

Then buy your grand parents Fleetwood and join FoSS! :welcome:

elwesso
10-10-04, 04:07 PM
Actually I am taking delivery of another Q45 this week..... :D

Stoneage_Caddy
10-10-04, 04:56 PM
whoa , bring me up to speed , whats the lateset in the Q saga ?

elwesso
10-10-04, 06:16 PM
Post will be made, as soon as its finalized.....

I'll give you a hint: http://q.spilky.com/lexington/nicolexington%20013.jpg Click there, picture is big

Stoneage_Caddy
10-10-04, 06:23 PM
Did freddy get a new ride ?

edit , looks like i need to stop by nico again

after some digging on what freddy has been searching for im thinking the old boy is going to a Z........

man i hope you get that Q , i swear its the apple of everyones eye over there (me included)

BAHHHHH! HE GOT A 350Z ....... :banghead:

RBraczyk
10-11-04, 02:45 AM
Wes- nice man, finally.

Bbozsik- try automotiveforums.com. thats where i go for blazer help.

AirJigga25
10-11-04, 03:02 PM
People shouldn't take to heart what other people say on forums... my feelings never get hurt because after all...its the internet and i don't know these people.

T_Dogg8
10-11-04, 04:25 PM
People shouldn't take to heart what other people say on forums... my feelings never get hurt because after all...its the internet and i don't know these people.
exactly. i've never met anyone on this forum in person, so at the end of the day, it's no big deal.

elwesso
10-11-04, 06:14 PM
Lets not forget the 88 cutlass vs Z3 story..... :D :D

majax
10-11-04, 08:08 PM
I missed that one wess, but ya'll remember it's a small world :D.

Msilva954
10-11-04, 08:32 PM
Wow...miss acouple days and i miss all this.....its fun reading through all this......this forums great, i realize how much i miss it..haha.

Seriously though, this forum is way better then some of the larger forums out there..(gn and impala ones specifically) people here are no where near as rude as some of the others....you post on those and the first 10 replys are to use the effin search button, here people actually act with respect and respond.